Regarding 6A12TT

Gringo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2006
Dear All Sifus, Masters, Dewas and OTAI

Need ur advice.....im considering to convert my engine to 6A12TT 4WD auto tranny. There are a few things that i need to know...
1. What is the pros & cons of this machine?
2. How is the fuel consumtion
3. Is 4WD auto or 4WD manual or 2WD auto or 2WD manual good?
4. What other engines that is suitable to replace?

Your help on this matter is very needed....

Adios,
gringo

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
I've used the 6A12tt auto before. I don't think 4wd can be approved as i'm asuming you want to convert to perdana. 2wd have to lock the gear box and the auto gear box tends to be un-satisfactory. Very jerky at gear changes. auto box also cannot withstand high hp so if you're gonna mod to high hp better go for MT. Juz my opinion :)

georgett

Known Member
Oct 11, 2006
or can try 6a12 2.5 mivec, or 6a12 2.5 single T, or 6a12 mivec + turbo...
lot of combination...

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
the auto transmission that is produced for the eterna/galant TT models...should be withstanding the twin force inducted engine....as it was made for it.....on stock it should even come with a transmission oil cooler....i think...else..if dun have,..just add one...to keep a peace of mind....

i've seen a living proof of 7 year old 4WD Perdana Twin Turbo Auto.....

Last edited:

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
georgett said:
or can try 6a12 2.5 mivec, or 6a12 2.5 single T, or 6a12 mivec + turbo...
lot of combination...
sorry mate, a lil' correction here....the 2.5 liter V6s are labelled as 6A13 not 6A12....and they are produced for the post 96 Galants which has the engine + gbox mounted in a opposite manner of the perdana...although possible to transplant....it'll be a hassle to do it as well as getting it approved...:)

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
The tourque converter was made for stock engine, 4WD. Not made to withstand moded high hp engines. Also to lock the 4 wheel differential also changes things....

georgett

Known Member
Oct 11, 2006
hello.. tuned. check my www.ada-motorsports.com one of my project car just did the conversion of 2.5 with GT3037S. by bore it to 82mm plus changes of conrod and crankshaft, it is possible. even with water cooled intercooler.

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
E3 dude,

yes....if we were to put a TT engine with a NA auto gbox...yeah..it'll wreck it in no time.....but what i meant was the production auto-gbox that came stock with the TT engines....those are meant to withstand the force-inducted engine....

yeah locking the 4WD diff's changes things......as in power is only distributed to the two front wheels....more torque and under steer....that's it....reliability ain't really compromise...most of the time i guess it depends on the driver too...

no offence bout the earlier reply....just tot of noting my 2 cents..:)

georgett,

let me requote myself...
...although possible to transplant....it'll be a hassle to do it as well as getting it approved...:)
i know its possible..its just that its a not a plug and play kinda thing....and i dun think it'll be able to get thru JPJ that easily....

again..no offence....ya...

have nice day

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
none taken man.. Just that I've personally had bad experience with the 6A12tt auto gearbox. Thought I'd share a bit. Maybe i'm just unlucky ya?

Gringo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2006
tuned said:
well....getting halfcuts is always a risk....:)

luckily..i'm on manual's fine so far...

Tuned,

any shop that u recommend?......that we can trust and have good barang

adios

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all the sifus around,

Just seeking for opinion and looking around, just wondering if there's any Gen2 around that has successfully upgraded to a set of Brembo brakes, and if yes, what are the modifications that have to be done and which Brembo (from which car) do u guys use??

Or alternatively, what other good brakes that have been upgraded into a Gen2? For those twinpots from Evo3/4, any modifications that have to be done? Or just plug and play?

Thanks for your feedbacks in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience