Recomendation for 6 x 9 Speaker

titanlok

Apr 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Sifus, my Vios 2008 rear speaker has spoiled and I would like to change it to 6 x 9.

I remember 6 x 9 will have higher bass, correct me if I am wrong. :p

Anyone can recommend me a good choice within rm200-300? :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I don't think 6x9 will fit in a vios unless you are willing to cut the rear parcel shelf to fit these speakers. For that sort of price you probably could get the Kenwood ones, I don't know the model but it's priced near your budget.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
No need to change to big speakers for the rear coz rear speakers are not important. They're there just to provide additional ambiance but should not be the main source of music in your car. Focus on the front speaker instead, it has to be superior and more powerful than the rear coz the front is where the sound staging will come from, just like when you listen to a concert. If you have the rear more powerful then the sound will be pulled to the rear hence will ruin your staging.

If you want more bass then better just add subwoofer in the trunk. If you have limited budget then can just add under seat powered sub (choose 10inch one) then will add bass more substantially without ruining the sound staging. You'll also feel the bass more (thru vibration under the seat). But you'd need to fork out at least rm400-500 for that.

If your rear speaker already spoiled then just leave it. FYI some audio purist even prefer not having any rear speakers! If you still want to replace them, then just buy the same size and cheap ones.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi Sifus, my Vios 2008 rear speaker has spoiled and I would like to change it to 6 x 9.

I remember 6 x 9 will have higher bass, correct me if I am wrong. :p

Anyone can recommend me a good choice within rm200-300? :)
If you want more bass, like bro. 6UE5t mentioned better off using sub woofer. Even the small under seat active woofer gives better base then the 6 x 9.

titanlok

Apr 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
You guys save my day! May be I should consider to change the front component speaker. Do you guys think I can get an OK good one with my budget? Any recommendation? :D

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
You guys save my day! May be I should consider to change the front component speaker. Do you guys think I can get an OK good one with my budget? Any recommendation? :D
Yes, can get reasonable ones from Kenwood/Pioneer/Alpine, size 5.25"-6.5".

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi forumers,

i have a problem here. last saturday, i kurbed my alloy rim pretty badly...pls advice how to fix it and where?...thx!..:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience