Need advise for front speaker.

udin901

udin901

Mar 16, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, i just got some money from Toto, lol!

Need advise on changing my front "crap speaker i dunno what brand must be fake" that i want to change.

I just changed some of my old audio system without doing research here 1st. (now regret) i bought all that from the tokey advise:

HU: Pioneer DEH-3450UB for RM320 4chnl
(DEH-3450UB Car stereo with Front USB and Aux-in, iPod/iPhone Direct Control, Custom RGB/Multi-colour Display and Buttons (2012) - Pioneer)

AMP: Ameron 800watts 4chnl for RM300
(http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...ameron-4channel-class-ab-power-amplifier.html) forgot my model but the amp likely like this guy owned.

Rear 6"x9" speaker: Blaupunkt BGX 693 HP 240w for RM300
(BLAUPUNKT: )

The price i paid overkill or normal?? i spend almost RM1k for all the setup.
so far my rear speaker outperform my front speaker! the sound and bass very good and im impressed by it after they complete the installation in my car 3 days ago.

Now im thinking to change my front speaker with the quality and not cheating price i can get.
Need advise for sifus here to guide me. My budget will be RM200~500. i dont mind to spend the money just for the quality and true price.

BTW my car is Satria GTi. The speaker will be located at my front doortrim with 5~6.5" speaker box.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Get a 6" component set for the front. Speaker at door and tweeter on dash. Get them to fit with the tweeter pointing towards you.
While you are at that, adding a sub will bring your system up another step....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
1k is ok la. He didn't overcharge. Those items you have are entry level stuff and that's entry level price.

Good sounding speakers for that kind of price only fit Dominations and only their entry/mid level speakers. But whats good for me isn't necessarily good for you. I just recently sold off my used Dynaudio 240 MKII speakers for 700. Those will out perform most entry level speakers anyday but brand new cost in the region of 2k+

How much do you have to spend?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, i just got some money from Toto, lol!

Need advise on changing my front "crap speaker i dunno what brand must be fake" that i want to change.

I just changed some of my old audio system without doing research here 1st. (now regret) i bought all that from the tokey advise:

HU: Pioneer DEH-3450UB for RM320 4chnl
(DEH-3450UB Car stereo with Front USB and Aux-in, iPod/iPhone Direct Control, Custom RGB/Multi-colour Display and Buttons (2012) - Pioneer)

AMP: Ameron 800watts 4chnl for RM300
(http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...ameron-4channel-class-ab-power-amplifier.html) forgot my model but the amp likely like this guy owned.

Rear 6"x9" speaker: Blaupunkt BGX 693 HP 240w for RM300
(BLAUPUNKT: )

The price i paid overkill or normal?? i spend almost RM1k for all the setup.
so far my rear speaker outperform my front speaker! the sound and bass very good and im impressed by it after they complete the installation in my car 3 days ago.

Now im thinking to change my front speaker with the quality and not cheating price i can get.
Need advise for sifus here to guide me. My budget will be RM200~500. i dont mind to spend the money just for the quality and true price.

BTW my car is Satria GTi. The speaker will be located at my front doortrim with 5~6.5" speaker box.
Like Izso said, 1k for all those are not expensive but I also not sure of the power amp quality that you get. The thing is, you should not get those 6x9 for the rear if you want to save money. You can do way with an even cheaper 5'/6' coaxial as the rear sound is not important. By getting those 6x9 then it does over power the front like you have now. For the front, like bro vr2 suggested, just get the max size split/component set that can fit into your door (maybe 5-6.5') and tweeters in your dash to enhance the sound staging/imaging. Then you need to adjust the fader of you HU to move it more toward the front (say around 70-80% to front). These will focus your sound to the front but the down side is your bass will not be as loud anymore coz less output to your 6x9. For the bass, the better approach is just to get subwoofer. Again this depends on your budget, if economical then just buy those underseat one. If got more budget then get bigger sub in the back.

Get a 6" component set for the front. Speaker at door and tweeter on dash. Get them to fit with the tweeter pointing towards you.
While you are at that, adding a sub will bring your system up another step....:driver:
Tweeters normally should point to the seat across, so the cross firing point between the 2 tweeters should be at the middle between the front seats, slightly in front towards the dash. This will help get your staging more centered/balanced around the middle of the dash. If the right tweeter is aimed to the right seat, then you will most likely get unbalanced sound as the right will over power the left tweeter.
Btw this is just based on my newbie experience, coz I'm not pro audio guy/installer.

udin901

udin901

Mar 16, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
thanks guys for all the replies! really appreciate that..with my balance budget around RM500, i think i can get decent speakers for my front with tweeters on the dashboard. i wish it is original. think i can get Focal Auditor R165S2 if i can find within my area. i got tweeters and crossover. worth it right?

found this selling at RM370. is it legit?

http://xciteaudio.com/Focal R165S2 ?filter_name=focal&sort=p.price&order=ASC

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks guys for all the replies! really appreciate that..with my balance budget around RM500, i think i can get decent speakers for my front with tweeters on the dashboard. i wish it is original. think i can get Focal Auditor R165S2 if i can find within my area. i got tweeters and crossover. worth it right?

found this selling at RM370. is it legit?

Focal Auditor-Series R165S2 - 6.5" 2-way Component Car Speakers
Original Focal I think cannot get <rm500, even the cheapest type, CMIIW. Focal now got many fake ones.
For rm500 I think you can get Nakamichi.

udin901

udin901

Mar 16, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Original Focal I think cannot get <rm500, even the cheapest type, CMIIW. Focal now got many fake ones.
For rm500 I think you can get Nakamichi.
Phewww..thanks for the info! I havent bought any yet..demm imitation..huhu..nakamichi then..ill search around for it

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
why not you go to a shop that you trust and get them to recommend? I have a regular shop which I go to and he recommends me what I want based on my budget and everyone's happy. I'd rather pay a bit more than buying separately so at least I got aftersales service.

udin901

udin901

Mar 16, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
why not you go to a shop that you trust and get them to recommend? I have a regular shop which I go to and he recommends me what I want based on my budget and everyone's happy. I'd rather pay a bit more than buying separately so at least I got aftersales service.
been there done that, the system i got now all bought and installed from the same shop since 3years ago because the shop is next to where i always hangout with friends. that system i got now is what he recommended me so i just okey with that.

i just want to know the best bang for the bucks i have right now. So i prefer quality and original stuff, instead of clearing his old stuff. The HU i got installed is 2012 version summore.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Tweeters normally should point to the seat across, so the cross firing point between the 2 tweeters should be at the middle between the front seats, slightly in front towards the dash. This will help get your staging more centered/balanced around the middle of the dash. If the right tweeter is aimed to the right seat, then you will most likely get unbalanced sound as the right will over power the left tweeter.
Btw this is just based on my newbie experience, coz I'm not pro audio guy/installer.
Sorry brother, my post too short. It was meant to say what you posted.
A lot of shop fit the fast easy way and they just plant it on the dash facing upwards to the windscreen....:smokin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

been there done that, the system i got now all bought and installed from the same shop since 3years ago because the shop is next to where i always hangout with friends. that system i got now is what he recommended me so i just okey with that.

i just want to know the best bang for the bucks i have right now. So i prefer quality and original stuff, instead of clearing his old stuff. The HU i got installed is 2012 version summore.
Older models can be better. Newer sets sometimes are cost down models. I used to work for electronic firm and they sell HU too. Sometimes we wait for old model clearance rather than buy newer models but that depends how old and what new features the newer sets have too......:rolleyes::driver:

udin901

udin901

Mar 16, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry brother, my post too short. It was meant to say what you posted.
A lot of shop fit the fast easy way and they just plant it on the dash facing upwards to the windscreen....:smokin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Older models can be better. Newer sets sometimes are cost down models. I used to work for electronic firm and they sell HU too. Sometimes we wait for old model clearance rather than buy newer models but that depends how old and what new features the newer sets have too......:rolleyes::driver:
haha..yeah..the tokey said to me, this HU model more heavy than the new one, more quality and power!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, actually if you're looking for pure SQ, the old audio stuff should be better because many of those were still original made in Japan/Europe/US where SQ were more important than features & cost.

udin901

udin901

Mar 16, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
But sometimes old model not necessary can get cheaper because new models are cost down sets....:smokin:
Yeah, actually if you're looking for pure SQ, the old audio stuff should be better because many of those were still original made in Japan/Europe/US where SQ were more important than features & cost.
glad to hear that! i will cherish what i got from now! :adore:

just missing good quality front speaker that need to be change. i will slow2 survey my local shop here then.

udin901

udin901

Mar 16, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
guys, i just change my front speaker to this model

IS165 - Focal Integration 6.5" 2-Way Component Speakers System IS-165
Amazon.com : IS165 - Focal Integration 6.5" 2-Way Component Speakers System IS-165 : Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51g6LlC14vL.@@AMEPARAM@@51g6LlC14vL

and upgrade my amp to better one once again. now im very satisfied with my speaker. =)

i also got installed soundprofing mats STP GOLD for my front doors.

Total cost spend for front speaker, amp, rear speaker, new HU and new cable wiring, STP Gold for soundproffing both doors are RM2.6k.

Thanks for all the advice here. cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys

Posting this on behalf of the owners of My Ride Autogrooming

My Ride is now located at Taman Melawati (7 Shops after 7 Eleven)

&

Wangsa Melawati (Corner Lot opposite Petronas)

Many good packages available but there is a signature program which you guys must visit to know.

Thats all for now. Update you guys more later. Anyhow for customers feel free to leave your comment here....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience