Rechip for Putra

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
ok i went down to Speed Mag Auto and the guy there was telling me that i could re-chip my current ECU.

i'm not well informed on the subject of re-chipping so would like to known what it actually means.

he said the new chip would cost about 300-400 rm and it's plug and play...easy as taking out the old chip and putting in the new one.

what does re-chipping do anyway? is it like pre-programmed fuel maps that are designed to consume more fuel for power? or what?

help!.

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
i think normally is airfuel,ignition timing, rev cut and speed cut lor...
...but im not sure :D

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
hmm, so when should rechipping be done? after high cams and stuff? or will it improve the performance a little?

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
may be to fine tune only....and improve performance a little...
even a car with stock engine also can rechip mah....after install high cam and stuffs go retune again lor

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
ohhh...icic. are there any examples of famous/good feedback chips? heard of only Drax by cipan before...but other than that...dun know nuts. :p

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
may be J5 chip from matspeed? i know one fren doing rechip for mivec, got some very good feedback from all my mivec frens...last time i ask him, he said also doing for proton MMC ECU car...
u can call him for more details...0126683627 Ah loon or henry...u can also tell him my nick...i think he remember my nick more than my real name..haha
he is a frenly guy...not to say i am expert on car now but i get all my car knowledge from him...
i asked him many question...but until now i still not yet ask him rechip for me... :D
so if u are really interested...call him :D

Last edited:

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
ECU mods should be done after all other mechanical mods have been performed.

And ECU mods are done on engines that have been significantly modded beyond the point of stock ECU's comprehension.

ECU mods on mild modded engines gains are minimal or maybe might not gain anything.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
speedking,
thanks for the contact.

joeker,
i was thinking of doing a dyno run to see if the air/fuel ratios are correct and then solve any potential probs by either leaning/enriching the mixture. that's what i had in my mind anyway, just to optimize the combustion. i'm not too sure about this but it might give improvements at certain points on the powerband? no significant hp gains but maybe free up some power in the lower-mid rpm range if any. maybe i should go for a dyno run first to check out the a/f ratio and how the power/torque curve looks like eh? any good places to dyno corrected whp as well as a/f ratio?

thanks.

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
whatdamn said:
speedking,
thanks for the contact.

joeker,
i was thinking of doing a dyno run to see if the air/fuel ratios are correct and then solve any potential probs by either leaning/enriching the mixture. that's what i had in my mind anyway, just to optimize the combustion. i'm not too sure about this but it might give improvements at certain points on the powerband? no significant hp gains but maybe free up some power in the lower-mid rpm range if any. maybe i should go for a dyno run first to check out the a/f ratio and how the power/torque curve looks like eh? any good places to dyno corrected whp as well as a/f ratio?

thanks.
welll i think a/f might not give u much improvement....but the correct ignition timing will give u better respond...

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Changing the chip is not a good idea because there are parts of the function that will still run on its present ECU. Try not to go to Matspeed because they take ages.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
speedking said:
welll i think a/f might not give u much improvement....but the correct ignition timing will give u better respond...
how can we know that our's ingition is correct ??? pls advice, thanks .

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
bro, u plan to rechip the ecu with stock engine or u mod it gao gao edi?? my opinion will be done all ur engine mod only start to do with the ecu thinggy la.. btw.. if everything stock u also can save up the money for dyno coz it wont hav any prob unless it's been heavy modded..
juz my 2 cents~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys,

Recently there was this blue iswara in the CTA track event, my friend told me the guy was running on stock carb 4g13 engine. I was totally shock when he said that he was fast on the track. I read a blog Getting It Bigger: A Ride With Johor Race Spec Saga , it was really stock and according the blogger they follow johor regulation where 13" tyres are used with stock brake systems and carb. I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience