rb26 coil connector problemo

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
1 of the coil not functioning. Main problem on RB engine. Spoilt due to heat. Suggest to replace with Splitfire or if got xtrasss $$$ get Okada Project.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Does it come and go? Used to have that my 20 - common for coilpacks to fail with age. Some people try cleaning them with those electrical contact cleaner you can buy at DIY stores but that only works if it's dirty. Won't help if wiring is frayed, etc.

If there's another Skyline owner near you surely they won't mind swapping over coilpacks to help troubleshoot.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Which RB26 is this? If the BNR34, I have a set of spares should you require it.

fokyerdoder84

Known Member
Feb 4, 2008
johor
having same problem on mine too..one of the coilpack kaput...happened twice already...
reintel-any idea how much is the splitfire one??

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Normally the faulty is at the clear plastic cover of the coil. Small crack which leak the voltage out. As quick remedy, I had once used silicone to seal it off completely while waiting for my replacement unit.

Splitfire i think somewhere around rm1.8k-2k. Not very sure. I'm using SuperSparks now, bought in Aussie on my last trip. Price RM1.4K. So far so good, but heard many bad review about it.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Really can't go wrong with Splitfires. If you have the cash then can get Okada coils but I've never used them personally.

BNR

Known Member
May 21, 2009
does anyone have any experience with Okada coils?
Using Splitfire at the moment. Once had the privilege to try out OKD b4 I buy my Splitfire, all I can say is, it has definitely a noticeable difference from stock coils. OKD, I literally feel the car producing more power, splitfire on the other hand, sad to say that I can't really feel much difference from stock coils, except it is cool to see blue color coil packs instead of black :biggrin:
However, I still went with Splitfire because of the huge cost different.

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
i feel my coils are alright i mean if really kaput then there wont be sparks anymore...i think ill try to swap with a friend first...to check if the connectors are faulty...splitfire and okd whats the price/performance differents?

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

will try the silicone thingy as well......

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
Okada's are almost twice the price of the Splitfires.. heh heh

Performance wise.. You can ask Darkchild as he switched from Splitfires to Okada's but from what i've heard Splitfire + HKS Twin Power = Okada Projects

which sounds about right since the Splitfires have been around for some time now compared to the Okada's which are relatively newer

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Need help from u guys especially master in electronics.

I bought a motion sensor and sucessfully install it myself (know only a bit of EE :) ). But I problem arise, the "arm" LED keeps flashing even when my car alarm is "disarm" (i paste a black tape to cover the LED. very annoying when driving). But it did not triger the alarm (the alarm is disarm). Dont get confuse, the sensor will trigger if the alarm is arm.

Im thinking for a way to make it activate only when ke car is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience