Radiator fan

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
My radiator fan spin very loose, need to change. Can anyone help, how much the cost?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Some car have fan design with an outer ring.
This ring is supposed to keep the fan blade sturdy and not flap around when spinning.This design is mostly used in dual speed fan.
if the outer ring broke it will cause uneven spin and vibration.in worst case the fan will smack the radiator with catastrophic effect.Waja 1.8 owners call this incident as 'kamikaze fan'

Check the mounting and the radiator rubber mount oso and if its ok then shake the fan blade left and right like u will do when checking the wheel to check for worn out bearing.
if u can feel there is freeplay then u will need to change the fan motor.

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
I had taken out the casing and loosen out the one nut holding the fan. Try to take out the fan but it stuck, so I don't dare to pull it hard scare brake the fan blade. Since the fan stuck I can feel still loose in between the motor n fan. Confirm need to change. But I don't know will it last how long.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

I not sure wan to take the risk to travel back to JB or not wit the fan condition

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If it already vibrating violently then i dont recommend u driving with it esp long journey.u r risking overheating and blown radiator if the fan break loose and struck the radiator.

should be easy to remove regardless of car model,only difference is space and in some case require the removal of the shroud together with the fan.cant help without seeing it.

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
If it already vibrating violently then i dont recommend u driving with it esp long journey.u r risking overheating and blown radiator if the fan break loose and struck the radiator.

should be easy to remove regardless of car model,only difference is space and in some case require the removal of the shroud together with the fan.cant help without seeing it.
not really violently, sometime it sound sometime it vibrate.... i tighten up all the screw just now when i take out the fan housing. (wanted to take pic but hand too dirty)

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if replacing a new fan, you may want to switch to a better, more efficient fan......if your engine space and mounting points allow...

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
if replacing a new fan, you may want to switch to a better, more efficient fan......if your engine space and mounting points allow...
ya wish too, but just call to my JB mechanic he said second hand 1 set also cost around 200.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Usually modifying is tough as mounting points and space are of concern. Since the original fan already meant to do it's work, just change back original is still the best....:driver:

Like my oldie, recently fan gave way. Search chop shop also don't have, so mechanic take as close as possible model but 3rd nut cannot lock so modify a bit....

Common cars like Wira, can just change the motor only. The fan blade they use back...

Last edited:

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Usually modifying is tough as mounting points and space are of concern. Since the original fan already meant to do it's work, just change back original is still the best....:driver:

Like my oldie, recently fan gave way. Search chop shop also don't have, so mechanic take as close as possible model but 3rd nut cannot lock so modify a bit....

Common cars like Wira, can just change the motor only. The fan blade they use back...
Yes, agree I just done at cheras b4 I drive back to JB. Can't find the 6A12TT 4 speed fan motor so the mech realize it similar wit Nissan motor. So just took one n try. It fit perfectly. Cost me $130.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes, agree I just done at cheras b4 I drive back to JB. Can't find the 6A12TT 4 speed fan motor so the mech realize it similar wit Nissan motor. So just took one n try. It fit perfectly. Cost me $130.
Good to hear you got it fixed.....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Moving on from his long tenure as the CEO of Ferrari’s Formula One Team, Jean Todt is being replaced starting in the 2008 season by Stefano Domenicali. But Jean Todts first choice as a successor was seven times world champion, Michael Schumacher.

In an interview with a German motoring magazine, Auto Motor Und Sport, Todt said that Schumi would have been the ideal team boss, saying, “he would have been...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience