Schumacher Turned Down Offer to be Ferrari’s F1 Boss

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Moving on from his long tenure as the CEO of Ferrari’s Formula One Team, Jean Todt is being replaced starting in the 2008 season by Stefano Domenicali. But Jean Todts first choice as a successor was seven times world champion, Michael Schumacher.

In an interview with a German motoring magazine, Auto Motor Und Sport, Todt said that Schumi would have been the ideal team boss, saying, “he would have been the best candidate for the job, but he did not want it.”

Todt also comments on the talks with former Ferrari technical director Ross Brawn, now with Honda’s F1 team, saying that Brawn’s move away from the scuderia was best for both parties.

Said Todt, “Ross is now a competitor, but he will remain a friend of Ferrari and myself.”

For his part, Todt hopes that being away from the rigors of F1 will give him more of a chance to just enjoy the sport.

“In the last 15 years I dreamed of being able to watch a grand prix on television in peace.”

Source: Winding Road

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

transplanted my engine to gsr and got the inspection done last month

and guess what,
i kena jpj road block today, then only i realized the engine no. stated on the engine
is not same with my car reg card & kastam form (1 number different...)

luckily gautim the jpj to avoid my car from tarik back to jpj, learned a lesson today, and for those who r planning to transplant engine, make sure u check the engine no. on the block and the kastam form, dont do stupid thing like i did.....:frown...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience