Race Course

U-Earn

Mar 10, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by fritz@Apr 21 2005, 16:26
My fren wanna ask if he is driving auto car..can join the course?Will it still benefit him?
[snapback]916262[/snapback]​
Well fritz, auto car isn't a problem at all. He can join... No problem:) Yes it will benifit him at the end of the day.

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
Originally posted by U-Earn+Apr 21 2005, 19:54 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(U-Earn @ Apr 21 2005, 19:54 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fritz@Apr 21 2005, 16:26
My fren wanna ask if he is driving auto car..can join the course?Will it still benefit him?
[snapback]916262[/snapback]​
Well fritz, auto car isn't a problem at all. He can join... No problem:) Yes it will benifit him at the end of the day.
[snapback]916613[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Thankyou..will let him know and consider about it.

fordrunger

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
KL
this razman wouldnt be the kartquest razman would it? just wondering...

im skeptical as to how much you can really learn in one day or more like 2 hours... for 150 ringgit you could go the go-kart circuit 4.28571 times and learn quite a bit about racing lines, braking and shit.. eventhough the perspectives might be different the basics are definately there..

like klguy says overseas is definately more expensive.. but you are guaranteed an experience and knowledge after... thats why these countries have F1 drivers who can qualify within the 107% limit..

to me the metaphor would be like football.. the reason why other countries are so good is because they learn how to play properly from a young age..learning the right tecniques from qualified coaches, whereas we learn to play in the padang.. learning all the bad teachniques that would take years to repair...
its the same as this.. if we learn from this guy ( who i have never heard of ) whats to say we are learning all the right techniques just because he can overtake higher powered cars at the corners... maybe the owners were moving out of the way incase our fren were to hit them.. just kidding..

i just want to make sure that if i pay this money im going to walk out satisfied... cuz the toll and petrol to sepang aint getting cheaper these days..

Fiki

Dec 6, 2004
Klang Valley
www.kic.com.my
crash.. u got R3, ask adian, khaidi or faisal to teach u lah.. ask them to sit beside u.. then u drive.. sure they will tell u what to do..

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Originally posted by Fiki@Apr 22 2005, 15:45
crash.. u got R3, ask adian, khaidi or faisal to teach u lah.. ask them to sit beside u.. then u drive.. sure they will tell u what to do..
[snapback]918655[/snapback]​
I've been bugging them to do an advance drivers' course for R3 owners. Still no news. Can't keep waiting for those busy chaps la bro. Will try this out and see how. But Faisal did ask to me to ask Djan during our coming track day. Will see what happens bro :)

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
hi u-earn,

i'm interested but can u answer a few of my questions?

1. when we r there, will he(Low sifu) be driving our car OR we drive it ourselves n he teach beside us?

2. wat will he be teaching us? can u tell us about it briefly.

thanks a lot!!!

Fiki

Dec 6, 2004
Klang Valley
www.kic.com.my
crash ... yeah man u should ask ur partner to teach u also..ninja iga.. go lah give some pointers to crash what lah u.. sumore keep the secret to urself ahh..

crash if u need, dont ask them for advance driving.. just take them to track pay their enterance.. then ask them to sit beside u... later let them drive u c.. then u drive again.. like that lor.. but all this open course frankly speaking its going to be difficult especially on a open track day... somebody will endup smashing the car.. anyway gud luckk...

KLGUY

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Hello!! Eh... RM150 is consider cheap la…the actual price u think 150 ar? RM 300! why dun u try to surf other countries and check for yourself... if not call those mat salleh and ask la 4 yrself... they r giving a promotion here… u think 150 enough ar? Not enough.. instructor fees leh need to pay them… Of course kenvin low need 2 appoint other instructors… he alone where can? besides they r giving the same method as those in overseas… no different… Jim Russell driving school in Canada & Nigel Mansell driving school r da same… Nigel mansell is not teaching u but his instructors r going the job ( hav u heard of him? Nigel mansell I heard la.. but not some call smith ahmed.. example only)…

differents? only mat sallehs teaching u la… dun believe, try taking up a course overseas (the same course as this)… air ticket also cost u a bomb la… over 1k plus... if 2 way ticket? Damn expensive… and share to us wut do u get which is different than them… maybe the vehicle they provide that also cost u money… pounds somemore… need to times 7… headache la… it will not make u another M.Schumacher or Hakkinen…

And, why other countries hav F1 driver who can qualify within the 107%? Why do u want 2 compare 2 a single sitter??? Karamjit is absolutely superb.. I believe if he competes in WRC he is able to kick Loeb’s ass… hell yeah!! If A.Yoong is given a chance in a competitive team I believe he will able to perform results.. Alex Yoong is doing a great job in building up young karters to be future F1 drivers in Alex Yoong F1 Search.

Why dun u compare the metaphor to our Malaysian Badminton team? They r in the world top 10. we hav all-England cham, several open chams... To football, Japan is doing great, Korea and China too. I’m a England fan… haha..

Fren dun try to compare la… everyone can teach or might not… it is how u convey the message across to the participant. Why do the Instructors go for RM 20,000 instructing course in Aust for wud? Police academy course.. For fun ar? To be officially certified as a instructor. dun believe? ask him and see la.. It’s worth your money.

The tol to sepang cost me RM 4.70 from Nilai if u know the back road. U-Earn shown me the road b4.

Finally, sorry guys if my words are disturbing. I apologise.

U-Earn

Mar 10, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by xxxx@Apr 23 2005, 02:11
hi u-earn,

i'm interested but can u answer a few of my questions?

1. when we r there, will he(Low sifu) be driving our car OR we drive it ourselves n he teach beside us?

2. wat will he be teaching us? can u tell us about it briefly.

thanks a lot!!!
[snapback]919925[/snapback]​
Hi xxxx,

I already pm u the answers that you enquire. Tq!

fordrunger

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
KL
Originally posted by KLGUY@Apr 23 2005, 19:26
Hello!! Eh... RM150 is consider cheap la…the actual price u think 150 ar? RM 300! why dun u try to surf other countries and check for yourself... if not call those mat salleh and ask la 4 yrself... they r giving a promotion here… u think 150 enough ar? Not enough.. instructor fees leh need to pay them… Of course kenvin low need 2 appoint other instructors… he alone where can? besides they r giving the same method as those in overseas… no different… Jim Russell driving school in Canada & Nigel Mansell driving school r da same… Nigel mansell is not teaching u but his instructors r going the job ( hav u heard of him? Nigel mansell I heard la.. but not some call smith ahmed.. example only)…

differents? only mat sallehs teaching u la… dun believe, try taking up a course overseas (the same course as this)… air ticket also cost u a bomb la… over 1k plus... if 2 way ticket? Damn expensive… and share to us wut do u get which is different than them… maybe the vehicle they provide that also cost u money… pounds somemore… need to times 7… headache la… it will not make u another M.Schumacher or Hakkinen…

And, why other countries hav F1 driver who can qualify within the 107%? Why do u want 2 compare 2 a single sitter??? Karamjit is absolutely superb.. I believe if he competes in WRC he is able to kick Loeb’s ass… hell yeah!! If A.Yoong is given a chance in a competitive team I believe he will able to perform results.. Alex Yoong is doing a great job in building up young karters to be future F1 drivers in Alex Yoong F1 Search.

Why dun u compare the metaphor to our Malaysian Badminton team? They r in the world top 10. we hav all-England cham, several open chams... To football, Japan is doing great, Korea and China too. I’m a England fan… haha..

Fren dun try to compare la… everyone can teach or might not… it is how u convey the message across to the participant. Why do the Instructors go for RM 20,000 instructing course in Aust for wud? Police academy course.. For fun ar? To be officially certified as a instructor. dun believe? ask him and see la.. It’s worth your money.

The tol to sepang cost me RM 4.70 from Nilai if u know the back road. U-Earn shown me the road b4.

Finally, sorry guys if my words are disturbing. I apologise.
[snapback]921540[/snapback]​

dude im just trying to find some clarity in this whole thing... not only for my sake but for the sake of the participants.. if its not worth comparing then its not worth comparing.. your right..
im confused i wasnt even insulting you or anything...
sorry man..

BoatOwner

Known Member
Feb 25, 2004
morris-racing.com
Originally posted by KLGUY@Apr 23 2005, 19:26
no different… Jim Russell driving school in Canada & Nigel Mansell driving school r da same…
I think comparing to one of the first performance driving and race schools that run their own race series (jim russell), a school that has taught (in their race courses for which they use single seater race cars) drivers such as Gilles Villeneuve, Jacques Villeneuve, Emerson Fittipaldi, Jimmy Vasser, Greg Moore, Jenson Button, Jan Magnussen, Ralph Firman, and a bunch more is a bit of a stretch.

Their performance driving school, which you say is no different costs about RM1300 for a one day course that runs from 8am-4/5pm or so (total track time probably 1.5-3hrs per driver), and there will not be ANY other cars on track, exclusive use of the track is for the school. Helmets are provided, everyone knows the schedule of events before arriving at the track, drivers are arranged into groups according to their capabilities (whereas here we have all drivers on course at the same time with all sorts of other track day drivers out on track). There are classroom lessons before the driving. One-on-one instructors.

I'm not saying this proposed course isn't a good thing, it is.... but i wouldn't go saying it is the same thing as Jim Russell.

I agree with fordrunger that there doesn't seem to be a lot of info available for drivers interested.... U-Earn, there is not much point in replying to queries by PM as other interested posters don't get to see your replies. I'm sure most participants have the same questions.

For example some things i would like to know if i was interested:

1.Do you provide helmets to use? Are they snell certified?

2.when you say "Its also a procedure to obtain a race licence for car. " what do you mean, is the course organised in cooperation with AAM? To get a car racing licence all i have to do is join a club such as the sepang motorsports club, go get my medical checkup, walk over to AAM give them a few photos drop off ~RM250 answer a few questions and i'm done. I can't imagine it would be a discount for an AAM licence as RM200 is insurance costs.

3.will there be a classroom session before the event to teach racing lines, braking techniques, throttle application, gear chaning etc.? Or do we just go out on track and get taught on an ad-hoc basis?

4.What good is the certificate provided? Is it just for me to hang on my wall or do is there any other use?

5.How many instructors do you have (will it be one-on-one)? Do all of them have experience as being instructors (i assume they do since you said "professional instructors")?

6.Will you have timing equipment?

7.Any insurance or drivers are fully responsible for all damages? If the instructor drives the participants car and damages it who is resposible for damage costs - how about if the instructor drives the participants car and fries the gearbox (pay for damages, tow truck?)?

8.Will refreshments be provided?

9.Do i need to have a full tank of fuel before arriving at the track?

10.What will the sessions be like... for example do we have 10 minutes on track and then a briefing on our performance or do we stay out on track for all three hours? Will instructors show us the line in another car ahead of us or will they be observing is from behind or will they be in the car with us? Will there be instructors beside the track at certain corners to take notes on our driving?

11.Do you have approval from SIC to run a performance driving course during the track day or is there a chance that when i show up to drive they say you aren't allowed to run the course?

That's just what i could quickly think of, i'm sure others have more questions.
---

Like i said it is great that a course is being organised, but it seems there is a lack of info (half the posts here seem to ask questions about what's going on.) I would think that if you would cooperate on this course with SIC they would at least be able to provide a reduced track-fee for the participants of the course (say from 150 down to 100 reducing the already low cost of 300 down to 250). Or you could discuss the chances of arranging to book the track exclusively for the use of the participants so there aren't 100 other cars running around.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, recently i've asked about how do i need to modify on my Waja 4g18 exhaust system, a sifu suggested me to change the extrator to 4-2-1 and mid box only.
is that enough to gain the performance that i needed already? exclude the sound or whatever muffler that are for cosmetic purpose only. thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience