R3 Inspira

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm this is the first time that this current generation Lancer body look decent in my eyes! And it's on a Proton! :biggrin:
But why dothey do it on the 1.8 and not the 2.0?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
the earlier 1.8E came with 2-5 years free service and some cash discounts. this unit no discount and no free service...just bodykit and rims plus tires....so its got pros n cons.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
all show no go.. i thought R3 stands for race, rally and research...

this is

show, styling and slow

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
the 1.8 mt stock quite fast leh....tested the car, not bad...but i dunno how fast is fast for some race car enthusiast....to me its fast and had a very smooth gearshift...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
all show no go.. i thought R3 stands for race, rally and research...

this is

show, styling and slow
Hahaha, quite true, all show and not as much go. In fact it'll probably be even slower than the std one cause of those big wheels. :biggrin:

mosh

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
KL
www.autoworld.com.my
they dont call it inspira R3..

its a limited edition inspira 1.8 with free R3 bodykit.. :biggrin:

i guess the R3 folks bising2 to proton about this.. lol! :banghead:

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
the 1.8 mt stock quite fast leh....tested the car, not bad...but i dunno how fast is fast for some race car enthusiast....to me its fast and had a very smooth gearshift...
yea its nice right? uts very soft on the clutch and its not even a hassle during bad traffic jam.
wow they have test unit for Mt now?

yeah as for 2.0 heard coming soon for MT or with r3 kits

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
shame, why even brother name it R3 while there is no performance gain, but cosmetic change?

Proton has never lift me up in automotive market in malaysia. After years, all they can do is bought over someone blueprint, once again. And R3 supposed look into performance segment, but now just making cosmetic.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

proton should stop their stupid marketing strategy. Limited Edition, Special Edition, it doesn't work anymore! It's all cheating game!

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
notice there were changes in the term inspira with R3 kits and not inspira r3.
well its good also it stays this way as i mentioned earlier that its a agreement between proton and mitsu on not touching anything on engine ,drive trains and ecu.
the more they touch its gonna messed it up more ,so they have to obey mitsu :P
well like i said also just wait for the jebat with evo setups :P

protn has to come out with this marketin strategy as to boost sales etc.
see toyota n honda also its the same in msia only eg vios how many times need to facelift with body kits etc? and 3k+ people buys them since 4yr+ ago.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
shame, why even brother name it R3 while there is no performance gain, but cosmetic change?

Proton has never lift me up in automotive market in malaysia. After years, all they can do is bought over someone blueprint, once again. And R3 supposed look into performance segment, but now just making cosmetic.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

proton should stop their stupid marketing strategy. Limited Edition, Special Edition, it doesn't work anymore! It's all cheating game!
I agree... Proton's SE and LE are merely cosmetics. But R3 usually has increased performance. Really dissapointed this time that the R# has degraded to cosmetic changes... :(

I really loved the previous satria gti, gen 2, and satria neo R3

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
notice there were changes in the term inspira with R3 kits and not inspira r3.
well its good also it stays this way as i mentioned earlier that its a agreement between proton and mitsu on not touching anything on engine ,drive trains and ecu.
the more they touch its gonna messed it up more ,so they have to obey mitsu :P
well like i said also just wait for the jebat with evo setups :P

protn has to come out with this marketin strategy as to boost sales etc.
see toyota n honda also its the same in msia only eg vios how many times need to facelift with body kits etc? and 3k+ people buys them since 4yr+ ago.
Toyota trd and Honda modulo kit are optional accessory

Every manufactural has pre fl and fl, that's fine. But how many manufacturer goes for so called, limited edition or special edition tricks then make them standard? Most of normal car only has 5-7 cycle life. But proton? I guess u know it better them me.

What piss me of if, for the last 10 years, there is no development for waja/inspira then they end up another contact with Japanese and paying them over the "right"
What the hell is going on? Look on the whole picture. Everyone here is the victim.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
problem here is car makers in msia, pls see vios how many rounds of revise facelift n trd kits also. proton now has persona coming up soon ,and it think they are changing their model range frm time to time

Sylver

Jan 6, 2010
Subang Jaya
Actually, I don't see why people get so worked up. The ones who should feel this news are those who bought the original Inspira 1.8MT without the bodykit.

This "R3" bodykit is given to new owners who purchase the upcoming 100 units of Inspira that leave the factory floor. And at no price changes.

If you don't like it, wait until the 100 units are sold out. Just cuz they don't bump up any performance, people complain. They are probably just trying to push more sales of the 1.8MT version.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
hahaha, its ok la, dont bother as im the early batch owner, no regrets etc as even more so when prton gives their supplier with higher discounts. to me once get it just move on ,cars will have promo from time to time, if worried so much u wont get to proceed on to buy them

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I agree... Proton's SE and LE are merely cosmetics. But R3 usually has increased performance. Really dissapointed this time that the R# has degraded to cosmetic changes... :(

I really loved the previous satria gti, gen 2, and satria neo R3
exactly.. a disgrace to call it a R3

Actually, I don't see why people get so worked up. The ones who should feel this news are those who bought the original Inspira 1.8MT without the bodykit.

This "R3" bodykit is given to new owners who purchase the upcoming 100 units of Inspira that leave the factory floor. And at no price changes.

If you don't like it, wait until the 100 units are sold out. Just cuz they don't bump up any performance, people complain. They are probably just trying to push more sales of the 1.8MT version.
I think you're missing the point here captain. What's "Race, Rally, Research" about this Inspira R3? And looking at the pictures they are calling it the Inspira R3. Like I said they should call it the Inspira S3, Show, Stylish and Slow. Why slow? Cause its not any faster.

see yourself.
Proton Inspira R3 – new hi-res image and more details

R3 is the something out of Proton that is actually worth something, that really is capable of living upto its Race, Rally, Research name. To bastardize it like this to sell more units is a disgrace. Next thing you know they will colour the Inspira in british racing green with a fancy bodykit and call it the Inspira Lotus edition.

as Jeremy would say, its rubbish.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Has anyone have any experience using 2-way radios? Can they work between 2 people in the same building but on different floors, or between 2 people in separate buildings but the buildings are next to each other?

I know there are many factors that affect connection but I want to know how reliable these 2-way radios are. Or are they good only in open fields?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience