Question on trumpet

Merovingian

May 8, 2008
How do these so called trumpets for thr blacktop 20valve engine actually work?...r there any significant hp increase?.. or just for around? ... and how does the height or width of the trumpet affect the 'performance' if there's any?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Bling factor yes.

performance wise, not noticable, unless you push the car a lot.
Using trumpet without filter.....is unwise.

length and size depends on the optimization....of the powerband of the tuned engine. not one size fits all. just like exhaust header and intake lengths.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
I will make this simple, the oem trumpet is a bent towards down direction which does not take intake air from entrance of the plenum directly. Aftermarket trumpet are straight designed, with larger intake diameter. Where material also matters because cold air good for performance that is why imec is selling good price out there. As for daily purpose, aftermarket + stock plenum is suggested with remaining stock filter box. Now let's talkabout length, which been discussed countless time if you had the sense to search around longer helps for high-rev setup likewise shorter helps for low-mid rev.

If you just wanted a better dyno result, remove plenum it will make you smile but you won't be wanting to remove them all the while for daily usage. R&D has been show open plenum setup is not a good option for stock FF blacktop engine position where trumpet faces firewall. It just don't get you optimum result. Unless FR engine layout which is as ae86, ke70 etc.. improvement instead!

Let me just tell you that my buddies that run Saturday Night Fever in SIC with a complete stock 4age 20v still with stock plenum and filter box is kicking arse and managed a few podium currently.

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
your question; how it work, as part for air flow to throttle. ferformance wise..depend your engine mod...

stock engine - get trumpet inside plenum - imec, toda, jubric, toms + aftermarket air filter + CAI
modded engine - get naked with sexy trumpet - toda, jubric, imec, OER

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
how does the height or width of the trumpet affect the 'performance' if there's any?
scientific calculations website Pipe Sizing Calculator

r there any significant hp increase?
For sure NO significant hp increase!!! in fact I doubt any HP increase at all. But for sure they change the torque curve, hence you feel different. Better or worst depends on driver skill + track requirements.

If you want power up, do this instead if you lost the original OEM intake and using openpod=worst.
Ram-air intake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
trumpets give "wow" effect when bonnet is opened. Oso gives a bit more aggressive induction sound. The hp gain isnt as significant as one expected when using trumpets.

For practical everyday use, stick with OEM air filter, unless you gonna go tracking with your car...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
theyre called velocity stacks

check this out on how it works...the stack pictures is mainly for single TB application or air ram type application...but the concept of the stack itself is the same

Velocity Stack - How it Works - Project Car TV - YouTube

performance increase or not can vary... but there are some very positive results on BPI Velocity stacks

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Did anyone tried the Pipe Sizing Calculator?

I found most parameters from Bill Sherwood's website and entered and substitute some numbers that I guessed.

Shortest is pipe is some 23cm, longest is 47cm.

6 results in all, due to various conditions / requirements. mostly around 30cm minus minus

Our 4 throttle is already 24.6cm. Long, hence adding a velocity stack of 10cm will be mostly enough. For that rev lah.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

I redo the Pipe Sizing Calculator website using 3k rpm and one of the 6 conditions, i.e. shortest length is still 24cm, good lah.

But one of the 6 conditions, i.e. longest is 117cm, with 4 others around 60cm +/-20cm.

Fuuuu Woorrrr. Surprised!!!!! yet not surprised!!!!!

So what rpm we normally use? 4k right!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what engine can we put in iswara aerobek without changing tapak and tukar tapak?give me contoh.. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience