Putra camsi

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Just wanna share something and hoping someone to share their experience on this. Before my BOT project started in my mind, I was only considering coverting my 4G92P into a DOHC. Went around looking for DOHC head from 4G9X.

Well, looking around on threads ppl selling the cylinder head unit, there are some sellers that specifically mention that the camshaft actually comes from PUTRA year so and so... where non of it actually mention anything about GTI's cam. And both of them are from 4G93P DOHC. I've also heared ppl saying PUTRA's pick up is better than GTI.

On the other hand, I've seen ppl posting GSR cylinder head with PUTRA camshaft and ppl actually highlighted the PUTRA camshaft.

Even my foreman said he's using PUTRA camshaft and he actually feels some difference.

Went asking around, some ppl say the lift and the degree is a little bit higher, some say it's the same f**king thing. And all the hear say has made me feel like changing to a set of PUTRA Camshaft also.

Well, is there anyone around that has the first hand experience that are willing to share regarding how exclusive PUTRA's camshaft is..? Or anyone have any specification sheet on the comparison of Putra cams and other 4G9X cams....?

Thank you in advance for the reply.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
need alot of reading to do ,
turbo and n/a cams cant be mixed
u should not put a turbo cam into a n/a
and not put a n/a cam into a turbo
it will suffer in terms of power

yeaps n/a cam has higher lift , but overlap is diffrent , duration is diffrent , turbo intake cams will have higher duration to feed more air , lobe seperation for turbo cams will be further which means less overlap & etc, lots of other factors, mitsubishi wouldnt have spent millions in r&d n put 93p cams in a 93t :)

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Thanks bro... As usual, ur explanation makes understanding quicker than any readings. I'll do more research/readings on cams.
So, when i have to upgrade it later, instead of spending bulk of vitamin M for JUN, I might as well go for matspeed for customizing...

However, I'd like to read more regarding the degree and lift. Thanks again bro...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks bro... As usual, ur explanation makes understanding quicker than any readings. I'll do more research/readings on cams.
So, when i have to upgrade it later, instead of spending bulk of vitamin M for JUN, I might as well go for matspeed for customizing...

However, I'd like to read more regarding the degree and lift. Thanks again bro...
also find article bout regrind vs billet cam, matspeed is cheaper, degree is achievable , but not lift, u modify ur head to get more lift with matspeed cams with washers & etc

kroolada

3,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
wanna get improved performance with low cost for gsr cam just exchange with gti cams. intake260 ex 252 than gsr 252 / 252. u get more hp. if wanna know what cam , u can see at the end of the cam , letter D for gsr, letter E for gti. i done many upgrade like this for gsr engine. :biggrin:

i take order for matspeed cams with special price
just call / sms 017 6917136 if intereted
shah alam

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
wanna get improved performance with low cost for gsr cam just exchange with gti cams. intake260 ex 252 than gsr 252 / 252. u get more hp. if wanna know what cam , u can see at the end of the cam , letter D for gsr, letter E for gti. i done many upgrade like this for gsr engine. :biggrin:

shah alam
But what would happened to the overlapping of the intake and exhaust..? Then I must use adjustable cam pulley to adjust..?

4G4life

Known Member
Oct 17, 2006

shah alam

if that cam show B letter, is't come from 91 or 93 ..? i've buy that cam from my friend n he claim that's 93 n/a cam... so i'm confused... n need advised.... :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi. i need help in installing a hks bov ssqv on a perdana v6 n/a. i heard that by placing this item on the air cleaner pipe and your intake manifold( fuel
injection ) will enable the pressure to come out the swoosh sound. is it true? but anways, anyone care to show me where is the air cleaner pipe and the intake manifold (fuel injection)? if theres a pic would be better. thx. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience