purchasing HID

rayz85

Known Member
Aug 28, 2004
PJ, Sunway
hi guys... was planning to install HID kit on my ride and heard that in order for it to be legal,need to send my car over for inspection? is it true? i've asked a shop and they say no such thing.. jz install and go onli.. hassle free.. is it true? if need approval from jpj can u guyz please guide me? thanks

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap... there are many cars with HID havent get approval from jpj yet... this is because jpj havent enforced this seriously yet... they are giving time for HID user to get their car checked and approved... but as usual, malaysian usually do things last minute.....

so, it's better to get ur car inspected and approved by jpj after installing it... at least u dont have to worry about jpj roadblocks in the future...

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
yup,need approval.but the ruling is not really enforced much.so..its kinda of a grey area la..u can install and get away with it...or u might not.

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
Some advice for you when buying HID.

If you really want to get it, buy something 6000K or less...anything higher, then you will be wasting your $$$, cos the light then gets dimmer and bluer and it will be more for asthetic look, rather than practical functionality.

After all, you want HID so that u can see the road clearer, rite? =)

Also, make sure the brand that you buy is good. In case the ballast should go faulty, make sure the warranty works.. =)

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Yes, i agreed with LemonRuski as when u guys r getting a set of new or used set of HID...... preferably get those that r below 6000K. Those HID above 6000K is more to asthetic look only where normally it'll project out bluish lightbeams & it's damn difficult to view the road ahead, especially during heavy rain or mist.

Mine is the 1st batch of HID where it's just 4350K Philips (originally fitted on JDM specs premium cars & CBU BMW/Mercedes) & i'm very happy with it. No problem passing through major huge roadblocks. My car have been fitted with HID bout 2 years ago & still working perfectly! :shades_smile: Besides, these 4350K HID (D2S bulbs) r pretty reasonable priced now. Less than RM220 each for Philips & Osram. Cheers!

Last edited:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
bro,

need some advised on HID. Are those HID that selling frm scrapyard safe to buy? like those muddy HID effect, its due to ballast or bulb?

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
bottomline is...just make sure u are clear about WHY you want to buy HID in the first place......for looks & to make your car look nicer...or...to actually have a clearer and brighter view of the road ahead...

once u know that, then get the good brands. Dont settle for anything less than RM1500 - 1600.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
i dont think the issue shud by WHY a person wants to purchase HID.
well,the approval makes sense to me,its to create a safer environment to drive...instead of having nutbags who have their HID pointing right into my bloody face.

normality : i dont think u shud get it frm the scrapyard..coz ur better of buying a new set.not worth the time and money

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
Visit site
nd4ever said:
Yes, i agreed with LemonRuski as when u guys r getting a set of new or used set of HID...... preferably get those that r below 6000K. Those HID above 6000K is more to asthetic look only where normally it'll project out bluish lightbeams & it's damn difficult to view the road ahead, especially during heavy rain or mist.

Mine is the 1st batch of HID where it's just 4350K Philips (originally fitted on JDM specs premium cars & CBU BMW/Mercedes) & i'm very happy with it. No problem passing through major huge roadblocks. My car have been fitted with HID bout 2 years ago & still working perfectly! :shades_smile: Besides, these 4350K HID (D2S bulbs) r pretty reasonable priced now. Less than RM220 each for Philips & Osram. Cheers!
bro can ask about ur HID, hows it perform during raining ar? clearly see the road kah?... where u can get rm220 for philips?

'[00] TRD

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
got my installed not long ago, using 6500k n no prob during drizzle or heavy rain.. still able to see the road clearly; although its crystal white instead of blusih white n its not that 'nice' n 'beauty' when looks on but hey, HID is for safety reason isnt it?

spotted sum cars wit purple, bluish or other weird colours.. guess they're the easy target for jpj instead of user like me?
btw, i haven get it approve by jpj though.. wouldnt be a prob for me coz my lightin area focusin in front of my car but cars in front of me.. so guess it will b just fine

:shades_smile:

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
if ur HID is properly adjusted..u might have a big chance of getting away..hehe but i suggest u better get an approval lor.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Fluffy said:
if ur HID is properly adjusted..u might have a big chance of getting away..hehe but i suggest u better get an approval lor.
agreed. but the bluish & purple HID really hurt the eye lor. its like, eye piercing. it shouldn't get approved. if its good, the BMW/benz sure use it, why they stick to 4350k ?

on the topic of proper alignment for HID, which shop has the proper tools and equipment to do it?

Last edited:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
hm... i guess its the bulbs tat determine the colour temp and the ballast is universal

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
sonictheory said:
bro can ask about ur HID, hows it perform during raining ar? clearly see the road kah?... where u can get rm220 for philips?
Well, my current HID performs up to my expectation & i'm very satisfied with it. U can c clearly during heavy downpour & heavy mist environment. I just bought a pair of 6500K Philips D2S bulbs & gonna try it out this weekend.

As for the RM220 Philips D2S 4350K bulbs, i got my contacts lor. Hehehehe...... :shades_smile:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi every one...
can any one tell me is it a gear box rosak or clutch?
See i am using a satria 1.3... I was racing with some wira whan sudenly my car zzzzzzrrrrrrrtrtrtrtr.... Then my rpm goes to red cause the gear doesnt work anymore....
SO is it a gearbox?

But the scarry thing was there was a sharp corner coming in... Had to brake like hell... Scarry...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience