Proton Owners Pride

Khafiez84

Oct 7, 2011
Selangor
heheh..so most of de feedback comeback with love hate 4 proton..well i thought so..so lets hope de new product can clean up de mess of de dark age of proton...so anybody hve attended de proton event at bukit jalil?anybody seeing de p3-21a in a real?issit good or just so-so?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
great handling from what we seen....but need to really test drive it to confirm..lets wait next month...:)

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Well one man's trash is another man's treasure. Proton has existed for many years. Only at current few years they are improving steeply, but I would say they are too little too rush into this. My opinion:

1. Proton Wira is the pride of proton. Checked. I owned a Wira and it served me and my sister well. Abit sot sot here and sot sot there but overall they are no big deal.
2. Proton introduce "new cars" with same head but different ass for few years. And the quality remained. Few years wasted just like that without what the Japanese would do - Continuous Improvement.
3. Waja. Looked promising, but perhaps we put too much expectations into it. Then came the GEN-2 with CamPro engine. Again, too much expectations.
4. Savvy. Failed to make proton untung no matter how they claimed how good the car is.
5. Neo. Good lookin car but it cant bring customers. U dont expect aunty n uncle would wana buy neo, do u?
6. Persona. Ahhh...at last..they came up with something that people wants. A sedan car and some improved quality. In persona they have made it better but "Proton legendary problems" still exist till now..making them actually not so legendary. But its good that many users are contented with their Personas.
7. Saga and exora. Right path.
8. The new unreleased P-31242324A (cant remember the numbers, only remember P,3 and A). Looks promising..but it might be a time bomb as well. Why?

Well for the past few years, Proton had released quite a number of cars. This leads to 1 problem. You have many car models to suit every single dude and leng lui..but the quality only improved just by a little bit not more than 39kb/hour. They should have focused on reliability and quality instead of scratching their head, thinking of a new, cheap and affordable car for the rakyat. C'mon Proton! We dont want cheap and affordable car. What we want is an economical car. A car we can totally rely on. A car so economical that we dont have to save $$ on cina teh ice for lunch and everyday only can crave for teh ping !

Yes, i totally agree that not a single car manufacturer is perfect. But this is just an excuse. If you ask the Japanese, they will tell u "No"! They can go to extreme level that they cannot even accept 1% of defect. I was once told by a guy who was trained in Japan factory. He said, "If you are manufacturing an airplane, and you have this 1% defect. That means for a 100 times you fly that air plane, there will be 1 time it will fail and kill everybody inside." Not every1 is perfect. But it all depends on what's the range of ur perfection. U dont see many ppl sticking "my lapsap honda" on their Honda eh?

I really hope that the new model P-3xxxA is what Proton had claimed. A car that is like no other Proton. A car that has superior quality and reliability to previous Proton models. A car that can win back the hearts of Malaysians. Well, I really wish so. I would like to see our counterparts around the globe praise Proton. I would like to see they buy Proton. I would like to see Proton in the top 10 car maker in the world. Unfortunately..there's always a but...

But my fren's new exora punya radiator fan kong twice within 3 months (1st fan kong, claimed warranty, then kong again)...
But my another fren's Saga FLX punya ABS kong 2 weeks after getting her car...
Both of this happened not more than 6 months ago. P3xxxA with so many new gadgets and technology, and can even rubbished Toyota Vios and Honda City for their ridiculous price even without the fancy tech and gadgets? I wont be thinking twice of buying this new P3xxxA. I would only think once. No. Let the white mice do their jobs.

I hope im wrong. Proud to be Malaysian.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Been drive waja for 5 years +. Before i drove wira 1.5 around 3 years. Both not much problem. power window problem just happen recently. the motor burnt out. Maybe motor aging already. Change it diy for less than rm50. Of course not original proton but don't mind. just use when take parking ticket or roadblock. for engine side, y opinion proton with mitsu engine better. For me lah. others do not know. everyone got their own opinion and right to choose.:biggrin:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
yeah...its Proton....

bananastatio

Sep 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
My 1st car was Proton Wira 1.5 sedan auto...Aww really crappy quality, FC high... always here rosak there rosak... then i beh tahan and give back that car to my mom... A few months after that I decided to buy Saga LMST... No regret till now... coz low FC, power! than old 1.5 wira auto. Now I have 2 car XD... only me in my house have 2 car now... 2nd car = Toyota Celica ZZT231 auto...
LMST really low FC but of coz no power la compared to Celica...
Celica every week want RM130 for petrol alone... Same distance for Saga? RM200 only...
But of coz the only thing I dont like about Proton is that SOFT metal la... macam tofu... easily bend...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Commenting only haha...not condemning...

ahh dat's the name haha...P321A...Turbo !!! sure will see many petrolheads flying pass by my car window everywhere, with dat CamPro Cam Profile Switching Turbocharged Engine (I thought CamPro <--- Cam Profile. Then they came out with new engine CamPro with Cam Profile Switching and then i was like "harrr? alamak kena tipu?" >__<

tsmlawz

Apr 8, 2008
Damansara/PJ
Protong..~pro..o..o..o..Ong (very lagging throttle)

:biggrin:

BLM = Bagi Lu Malu / BAgi Lu Mati
CPS = Cincai Pasang Sahaja

Ok ok, enough joking around.

Btw, from my own point of view.

First of all, QC side already fail max (in every single aspect). Mass production volume increases to meet consumer needs, so what? Close 1 eye open 1 eye, "LULUS LA". Lucky for those who encounter least problems and unlucky for those which encounter most problems from Proton.

What I am trying to say here is, yes all car makers have their QC flaws in all aspects. But the probability for Proton, in terms of QC issue is wayyyY too high compare with other car makers. Learn to walk before you run? Learn to run before you chase?

Other makers had other major issues till they have to collect every single vehicle back to replace the part, but those I would say is the defects of engineering & designs, maybe due to sourcing country of production parts might be 1 of the reason (I don't know, just my 2cent).

However, other car makers are at least 5yrs ahead of us (bagi muka sikit) of technology advancement. Thus their sh*t has already been taken to the next level, working on and inventing new technology & features. I personally think quality of Proton can't be compared at all with other car makers as above mentioned. Correct me if I am wrong guys. (E.g. : Why fine dinning is so exclusive although its real pricey, it is made filled with passion, heart & soul in addition with quality & specific details towards perfection. Unlike having a meal of abalone & shark fin, just chuck most of the ingredients in and boil for hours till it's tender and top with some savory sauce & costing a high price due to high demand or maybe because the olden days Emperor eats it so its like a "wOw" its high class food without much effort done to it.) It's not about just time, it is both time & effort. Sorry kinda out of topic, but hope you guys understand where am I coming from. It's like a totally different category.

Second of all, Proton is cheapest among other makers, yea agree, yet still cost RM35K and above at least for the lowest spec.
But why?
What & who made it this way? Did we ask for it? Think about it
We just didn't had a choice, I guess?
With average and lower income consumers with an appropriate job (not "putih" job, if you know what I mean :biggrin:) would also have difficulties in individual ways to own a Proton without any other income support from family, side business or commitments.

Honda City stopped using CVT due to the hot weather, then Proton came in with CVT with all the promising bla bla bla & got oil cooler some more walao-eh (like how they promoted Savvy). Well we'll see about that. :proud:
"Lagi power lagi best", wOw, advising us to speed with higher CC engine but still maintaining the Milo Tin chassis without any rigidity & brake improvements?

Satria Neo S2000 wins races doesn't mean it is fully proven that it is a quality ride or when mass produce its safety feature & quality control is well assured. Every vehicle modified definitely is a better ride, cause its not stock. Of cause it still has its limits due to design of individual models & category.

Not trying to condemn or anything, just facts & figures as a Malaysian seeing how things run in this country. Just trying to share my personal opinion.

But back in the years before year 2000, Proton cars was alright, couldn't agree more for that.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Protong..~pro..o..o..o..Ong (very lagging throttle)

:biggrin:

BLM = Bagi Lu Malu / BAgi Lu Mati
CPS = Cincai Pasang Sahaja

Ok ok, enough joking around.

Btw, from my own point of view.

First of all, QC side already fail max (in every single aspect). Mass production volume increases to meet consumer needs, so what? Close 1 eye open 1 eye, "LULUS LA". Lucky for those who encounter least problems and unlucky for those which encounter most problems from Proton.

What I am trying to say here is, yes all car makers have their QC flaws in all aspects. But the probability for Proton, in terms of QC issue is wayyyY too high compare with other car makers. Learn to walk before you run? Learn to run before you chase?

Other makers had other major issues till they have to collect every single vehicle back to replace the part, but those I would say is the defects of engineering & designs, maybe due to sourcing country of production parts might be 1 of the reason (I don't know, just my 2cent).

However, other car makers are at least 5yrs ahead of us (bagi muka sikit) of technology advancement. Thus their sh*t has already been taken to the next level, working on and inventing new technology & features. I personally think quality of Proton can't be compared at all with other car makers as above mentioned. Correct me if I am wrong guys. (E.g. : Why fine dinning is so exclusive although its real pricey, it is made filled with passion, heart & soul in addition with quality & specific details towards perfection. Unlike having a meal of abalone & shark fin, just chuck most of the ingredients in and boil for hours till it's tender and top with some savory sauce & costing a high price due to high demand or maybe because the olden days Emperor eats it so its like a "wOw" its high class food without much effort done to it.) It's not about just time, it is both time & effort. Sorry kinda out of topic, but hope you guys understand where am I coming from. It's like a totally different category.

Second of all, Proton is cheapest among other makers, yea agree, yet still cost RM35K and above at least for the lowest spec.
But why?
What & who made it this way? Did we ask for it? Think about it
We just didn't had a choice, I guess?
With average and lower income consumers with an appropriate job (not "putih" job, if you know what I mean :biggrin:) would also have difficulties in individual ways to own a Proton without any other income support from family, side business or commitments.

Honda City stopped using CVT due to the hot weather, then Proton came in with CVT with all the promising bla bla bla & got oil cooler some more walao-eh (like how they promoted Savvy). Well we'll see about that. :proud:
"Lagi power lagi best", wOw, advising us to speed with higher CC engine but still maintaining the Milo Tin chassis without any rigidity & brake improvements?

Satria Neo S2000 wins races doesn't mean it is fully proven that it is a quality ride or when mass produce its safety feature & quality control is well assured. Every vehicle modified definitely is a better ride, cause its not stock. Of cause it still has its limits due to design of individual models & category.

Not trying to condemn or anything, just facts & figures as a Malaysian seeing how things run in this country. Just trying to share my personal opinion.

But back in the years before year 2000, Proton cars was alright, couldn't agree more for that.
very well explained from yr point of view....maybe u can try read again...and u will notice u can write even better and even more convincing....anyway we'll see where Proton stand later...no point to argue or condemn.....somehow they still one of the largest car maker providing jobs for more than 12000 ppl in msia, hundreds of vendors, thousands of dealers/sales advisors and millions to bank for interest gain....maybe we should ask Proton to close shop since they are so dumb...lets make them learn how to crawl first...start from basic...cheerz n out.:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, any1 here have the experience in upgrading their wira suspension?
i mean from 1.3 to 1.6 suspension... as i know, the 1.6 absober n spring is bigger in diameter. so is the top mount different? i mean the black cover to coordinat the spring n to screw at the top. i ask a few forman n some suspension sellers, some said need to change. but some of them nvr mention abt that thing at all, say just buy the 1.6 spring n absober will do.
any1 could help me?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience