Proton Owners Pride

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i heard proton suppose to rebadge the VW passat to replace the ageing perdana...
but the owner of DRB said proton wont do rebadging anymore......so dun worry..

darkness3299

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
KL
i dont really understand why you still keep the persona although it keeps on giving you problem. why not trade in and overlap your car loan to get a 'proper' car you wanted? me family been using proton cars and so far, no major issues. heck even myself is using wira for 5 years and never regret bought it second hand. campro giving problems? rubbish! my mum is using persona se and no issues so far.

even japanese/europe cars also had their flaws guys. its just that everyone is keeping quiet about it. care to tell me what car manufacture that always breaks down at the road side? :biggrin:

proton is still impressive to begin with as they have came out with new models within their 20ish year old of establishment. compared with other car manufacturer.

inspira kete yg xder maruah? pleaseeeelah. it was a MOU between Proton and Mitsu bro. get ur facts rights. in fact, inspira suspension fares better than the Mitsu Lancer GT.

for me personally, better save the 40k+ buying inspira coz basically im getting most exact spec rather get myself screwed on getting lancer gt. think again bro. thats why they came up with the slogan smart guys get it lol. you can spent the 40k on engines/bodykit etc etc.

its a trend nowadays car manufactures to rebadge the models to minimize the cost of coming out with the new shells. perfect example is Lancer Evo series and Scooby series. why no one complaint on that?

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

i heard proton suppose to rebadge the VW passat to replace the ageing perdana...
but the owner of DRB said proton wont do rebadging anymore......so dun worry..
really? was looking forward for that...

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
1.3 iswara better than 1.6 campro.. in term of pikap and climb up hill

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

i dont really understand why you still keep the persona although it keeps on giving you problem. - my car is gen2 2005, not persona

why not trade in and overlap your car loan to get a 'proper' car you wanted?
my fren, 2005 H-line model need to top up to bank 12K... 2005 56K > 2012 18K maaa

me family been using proton cars and so far, no major issues. heck even myself is using wira for 5 years and never regret bought it second hand. campro giving problems? rubbish! my mum is using persona se and no issues so far.
tak kena tak apa ma.... skali kena baru tau ma... 1 syawal, pagi raya, ziarah kubur, ngn baju melayu, comot abis.. spoiled dgn crankshaft censor kong. tinggal kete kat kubur. 2nd day raya baru amik. spoilt my raya tahun tu. kena rm510 tak psl2.. tak kena sedap la ckp....

even japanese/europe cars also had their flaws guys. its just that everyone is keeping quiet about it. care to tell me what car manufacture that always breaks down at the road side? :biggrin:
yes u r right, tp agak2 la bro. 5 kali tukar power window, dh 3 ari lepas problem lg. other problem x yah cite lah...

proton is still impressive to begin with as they have came out with new models within their 20ish year old of establishment. compared with other car manufacturer.
alasan klise

inspira kete yg xder maruah? pleaseeeelah. it was a MOU between Proton and Mitsu bro. get ur facts rights. in fact, inspira suspension fares better than the Mitsu Lancer GT.
give me janda, GRO or anak dara, conform i choose anak dara. tak malu ke klu inspira kita parking tepi lancer GT ori? malu seh....

for me personally, better save the 40k+ buying inspira coz basically im getting most exact spec rather get myself screwed on getting lancer gt. think again bro. thats why they came up with the slogan smart guys get it lol. you can spent the 40k on engines/bodykit etc etc.
proton is still a proton....

its a trend nowadays car manufactures to rebadge the models to minimize the cost of coming out with the new shells. perfect example is Lancer Evo series and Scooby series. why no one complaint on that?
becos it is not proton, not company from our country...

i pay my car for 9 years, not 9 months
last word, yes, nobody is perfect, but agak2 la nk ada problem pun hahhaaha LOL

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
relax khencana...
im sure many ppl are facing the problem as u.....me to having lotsa problems with my ride...
but i dont grumble...i just learn as time goes by i gain knowledge......cos i know i cannot afford a new car thats y i go for 2nd hand....
but if u ask me, i dont regret buying a proton.......i .....some ppl say its dugaan...
yes it is.....maybe in future u would not buy a proton anymore due to your bad experiences......but if u ask me, id rather keep my
perdana & buy my dream car later. :biggrin:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
dear Khencana,
i believe u have so much grudges about proton...anyway one man's meat is another men's poison...i do respect yr opinion and perceptions...but somehow i still need to make things rite from my own opinion as a consumer...not siding any party nor i am pro any marque....

1.3 iswara better than 1.6 campro.. in term of pikap and climb up hill

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

i dont really understand why you still keep the persona although it keeps on giving you problem. - my car is gen2 2005, not persona
the gen2 2005 is now about 7 years old and more or less some wear n tear should have..at that year...a 1.6 with abs, airbags, leather seats and auto cruise etc with the price of rm50k plus..the most affordable family hatchback in town...
why not trade in and overlap your car loan to get a 'proper' car you wanted?
my fren, 2005 H-line model need to top up to bank 12K... 2005 56K > 2012 18K maaa
i not sure how much loan u took, if its a full loan...then its just a matter of paying downpayment earlier or later.....easy first hard later....logic.
one classical e.g, my friend bought a honda city vtec year 2005, bought at 81k and sold at 39k..total value drop is rm42k.....its common to depreciate as cars nowaday are more CKD and affordable...we dont expect the price to hold on after so many years...then who gonna buy used?

me family been using proton cars and so far, no major issues. heck even myself is using wira for 5 years and never regret bought it second hand. campro giving problems? rubbish! my mum is using persona se and no issues so far.
tak kena tak apa ma.... skali kena baru tau ma... 1 syawal, pagi raya, ziarah kubur, ngn baju melayu, comot abis.. spoiled dgn crankshaft censor kong. tinggal kete kat kubur. 2nd day raya baru amik. spoilt my raya tahun tu. kena rm510 tak psl2.. tak kena sedap la ckp....
maybe yr luck, cos proton sold 150,000 unit cars per year and number of defects are there..of cos with that volume...for sure more people will face it. toyota, honda and other marque had that too..technical problems sure have...but see who's and when....recent recall from so many japs brand...and rm510 maybe during raya the mechanic charged u extra...it wont be so expensive...sorry for yr inconvenient...somehow many still appreciate the car served them well..so do complain a lot...i agree.
yes u r right, tp agak2 la bro. 5 kali tukar power window, dh 3 ari lepas problem lg. other problem x yah cite lah...
i agree, power window really nonsense for this model..somehow it can be solve...go to svc ctr and give them a piece of yr mind.
alasan klise
heard in the pipe line...hybrid, cfe sedan, 4wd etc...
give me janda, GRO or anak dara, conform i choose anak dara. tak malu ke klu inspira kita parking tepi lancer GT ori? malu seh....
actually we should feel so proud and thankful to own an inspira, rm90k for the same car which was sold at rm123k. only minor cosmetic change and still the same 4b11 engine...
fyi, and pls check around, lancer GT can source their parts cheaper by purchasing from proton. and its under licensed re-badge...proton not robbing mitsu their model to sell...mitsu engineers are stationed at proton plant to inspect on the production quality....and also mitsu took exora and persona to be rebadge under mitsu in japan...what engine and when launch..i not sure...
proton is still a proton....
to me proton is still the best....in term of pricing, design, handling and parts....save me a lot of money....i do owned other cars...but for my daily drive..proton is my 1st choice, easy to maintain cos i travel a lot....

becos it is not proton, not company from our country...
bro, i think u not proud to be Malaysian...imagine what foreigner will look at us when u condemning yr own country's product like shits.....don forget u are also "Made in Malaysia"!!!!.."belilah barangan buatan Malaysia"...

i pay my car for 9 years, not 9 months
last word, yes, nobody is perfect, but agak2 la nk ada problem pun hahhaaha LOL
so now onward ,we all must work hard so next time buy big big car no need installment 9 years...we pay in 3 years or less...ok....cheerz n out...

Last edited:

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ

like inspira, car without maruah tu? go to hell la proton hahhahahahahha LOL

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

hahaha usually get from classic butthurt lancer owners but this case u are not but still cant afford it or something? just like someone posted the hatred towards inspira in malay newspaper recently :P
so far i think its as good as lancer and many happy owners out there :) and saved hell alot of money thats wat matters

Last edited:

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Khencana,

Nothing last in this world la friend. You can't be assuming every item you purchase will last forever. Furthermore, there's a lot of factor should be considered also. For example, how well and frequent you service your car? how rough you drive it? did u use Original or replica spare parts? where did you sent your car? Proton SC or kedai bawah pokok? :confused:

You get for what you pay for la bro so stop whining and work hard to get a better car next time. I know I will because that's what I intend to do right now :biggrin:

so now onward ,we all must work hard so next time buy big big car no need installment 9 years...we pay in 3 years or less...ok....cheerz n out...
My point exactly :rolleyes:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I'm a proud owner of proton too.. although it also causes breakdown on the first day of CNY, where the alternator kong.. but other than that it still a good car to me.. and thru my perdana i learn a lot on car modification be it internal or external.. come on, every car also have it's own problem, just that the owner is too hard to admit it.. i still remember seeing one guy drove his Honda Accord with all the stickers around and says it's a lousy Honda Accord in Facebook.. i wonder anyone have that picture can share it here.. :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I wanna know.. when was the Lancer Evo and Scooby rebadged?

:confused:

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
Izso with the same qestion LOL...

Evo, i got ur points except this :
"bro, i think u not proud to be Malaysian...imagine what foreigner will look at us when u condemning yr own country's product like shits.....don forget u are also "Made in Malaysia"!!!!.."belilah barangan buatan Malaysia"..."

i dun care where the product come from.,,

langsuyrx

Known Member
Jan 9, 2009
Kay L
facebook.com
relax khencana...
im sure many ppl are facing the problem as u.....me to having lotsa problems with my ride...
but i dont grumble...i just learn as time goes by i gain knowledge......cos i know i cannot afford a new car thats y i go for 2nd hand....
but if u ask me, i dont regret buying a proton.......i .....some ppl say its dugaan...
yes it is.....maybe in future u would not buy a proton anymore due to your bad experiences......but if u ask me, id rather keep my
perdana & buy my dream car later. :biggrin:
hahaha.. same lor.. keep my sewara now, dream car after all hutang gone.. :driver:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
lets come to bukit jalil and see what Proton doing there...my friend gave me some info there will be P3-21A on display there...see if the quality is any better now...cheerz

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I personally don't dream of buying a Proton. I want a Bentley. But since I can't afford a Bentely I'm settling for my humble Proton. Proton of yesteryears were pretty rubbish. Horror stories of door handles breaking off the Waja, never ending power window problems, constant complaints about the auto-gb for the Perdana and lets not even get started with the horrible purchase of the outdated and old design rights for the Juara and Tiara.

Since the change of management, they started with a good change by introducing the Neo and Persona, they both did quite well and looked pretty to go with it. Then introduced the lifetime warranty on all power windows. I'm not so sure about the Exora as I've heard rumours that the crash test units sent for crash testing overseas were extremely well built, the same cars built and sold locally don't use the same high tensile steel for the side impact beams and all making the crash tests a possible fallacy.

But then they brought in the very nice Inspira which essentially had all the parts of the Lancer and more. Not bad at all. The Tuah was paraded around town in the carrying truck and that's a very handsome car too. All in all, if Proton is able to shift the mindset of its bad days like how Skoda turned around (by VW), they'll be a force to be reckoned with since Protons are the very much cheapest cars you can buy in the ridiculously taxed car market in M'sia.

For me it's a love-hate story. Do I love my Wira? Not really. Do I hate it? No. Do I want to sell it? Definitely no, it's too cheap to maintain to want to give up and I spent 6 months rebuilding the whole car from scratch so it has sentimental value. Do I think Proton will survive on its own right now, today? No. In a couple of years? Yes. Provided they continue to make top quality cars and not rely on 'cronies' to provide their sub-standard parts to make their cars. A little bird told me that the crony supplier had to resort to a 3rd person to make a certain component for their cars because the initial batch was not consistent which resulted in really large number of warranty claims.

Either way I hope DRB does a good job with the VW collaboration and brings Proton up to a whole new level. Then only can we have higher Proton car resale values locally and better car reviews overseas.

Last edited:

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
99% agree with Izso except 1% about "they brought in the very nice Inspira" LOL

P3-21A : very handsome design. i like. for me, that's wut we call original malaysian made car (not inspira). if i go there la, 1st question i ask is, power window ok ka? how about alarm? same with gen2 ka? if same, no no no la.... hahaahaha LOL... :biggrin:

sory la all fren.. all of my post above is becos aku very2 fobia dgn proton...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone share with me,how to install mivec bumper with standard satria fender?...what mod to be done to the bumper?? someone told me that,the bumper must be cut (the area that attach to the fender),izzit right??? sifu2,help2....huhuhuhu
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience