Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

langsuyrx

Known Member
Jan 9, 2009
Kay L
facebook.com
let's say im changing my ori injector (182cc) to a higher one, do i need to use safc or some sort of piggyback to tune it to the perfection? any recommended piggyback?? -dont say haltech motec la...$$$ mid range one... :biggrin:

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
limking,
do u mean "mapping" instead?

langsuyrx,
i think upgrading to slightly bigger injectors do not need piggyback management as the ECU wil adjust the injector duty cycle accordingly... not too sure bout that.

anyway i just finished overhaul my car yesterday... swapped the cylinder head.. damn so tiring 1 person do at home... the most frustrating part is.. when i'm concentrating on some part.. my phone rings... total about 10 phone calls came in... argh!! :banghead:

Bump: limking,

langsuyrx,
i think upgrading to slightly bigger injectors do not need piggyback management as the ECU wil adjust the injector duty cycle accordingly... not too sure bout that.

anyway i just finished overhaul my car yesterday... swapped the cylinder head.. damn so tiring 1 person do at home... the most frustrating part is.. when i'm concentrating on some part.. my phone rings... total about 10 phone calls came in... argh!! :banghead:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Recently i just change my stock clutch..to exedy stock clutch (just 2 weeks).. what i found out was the grip not as strong as the oem stock..what might go wrong? personally i think it should be at least better a bit or at least the same.

can do anything to fix this?

Bump: Recently i just change my stock clutch..to exedy stock clutch (just 2 weeks).. what i found out was the grip not as strong as the oem stock..what might go wrong? personally i think it should be at least better a bit or at least the same.

can do anything to fix this?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
let's say im changing my ori injector (182cc) to a higher one, do i need to use safc or some sort of piggyback to tune it to the perfection? any recommended piggyback?? -dont say haltech motec la...$$$ mid range one... :biggrin:
depending on engine model... if svdo dun need piggyback ecu... if mmc yes...
mid range common piggybacks available in the market is safc and emanage blue....

haha... jz put silent mode...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
langsuy,
havent dyno yet.. will post up when i got the chart... :nurse:

k-takuya,
well.. most probably the clutch is not properly run in yet... drive a for while 1st then only judge... not yet run-in means the clutch plate surface is not fully get contact with the flywheel when u release the clutch yet..

another factor might be the clutch pedal level is higher so giving u the perception that the clutch is less grippy than b4... this one can adjust...

Last edited:

limking

Mar 12, 2009
limking,

langsuyrx,

Bump: limking,

langsuyrx,

Remapping won't give you much hp since yours is stock engine below 2000cc but you can do heart transplant with mivec or evo engines.Personally I would perfer Evo 3 engine .This way don't cost that much , possible less than RM12000 can kaotim with e-manage throw in as well plus labour.Try getting the old stock not the new ones that just came in as the Japanese yen shoot up recently on the forex market.:rolleyes:

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
how many cars can fit in evo engine legally nowadays? also our locally made chassis couldnt really take the engine for long...

also this topic we are talking about 4g13 n 4g15...

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
ya.. agreed wit u khguan.

our stock engine still have the potential to go more further to gain more HP ma...
Mine is 4G13 plan for BOT.. of course cannot compare with the 2L engine la, but once BOT than can feel big different liao. Like some of us here did BOT on 4G13 engine, I believe many out there just keep quiet & never tell oni.

With fine tune & mod ... 4G13 & 4G15... still can go further more....:driver:

"ROCK... guys with ur 4G13/4G15!!:itsme::nurse::nurse:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

if you're about to buy a 2nd hand car, how to make sure it is 100% accident free..
- insurance claims record can be change? or it is impossible to change?
- hiring a professional consultant?
Pls Help..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience