Project EF Sedan

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
Guys,

Check out my project car, an EF Civic at the link below. Any suggestions? I drove to Sepang and back and there are splattered bug spots all over. It's been washed with Armorall car shampoo only once since the paintjob.

My problem is I have no time to wash & wax properly as I work late and come home when it's well into nighttime. Have washed a few times at night but missed many things which became clear in daylight. I also live near a main road so it's super dusty.

Does anyone collect cars from PJ Section 13 (my workplace), do a wash & wax and return it? I am partial to Meguiars stuff, but basically as long as they do a good job, no scratches, no compound residue, etc. I'll be happy. Also some people just look at the car's type and age and give it less care than a Mercedes, BMW or whatever.

Any suggestions?

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
OK ... got my car done at AutoDetailer in PJ. Quality of paint has improved, and an unbiased comment from a friend suggested that it now looks better than when it was freshly painted. Makes sense as now most of the solvents from the paint has evaporated (hopefully), and it's safe to polish.

Darren of that shop came across as a dedicated, certifiable 'car crazy' guy and quality of work ... I grade it A. One major worry was whether their sponges were clean. I myself don't trust my little cousins helping me to wash because these guys don't care if they drop a sponge on the ground or if there's too much grit trapped in it.

They sell all sorts of Meguiars products there (my favourite brand currently). Saw some classic BMWs there .. it was a bit like being at Japan's MegaWeb or Twin Ring Motegi Honda Collection Hall! Price is reasonable compared to the guys you find at shopping malls or even car dealerships, where volume is the prime concern.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
scudracer,

your car looks the bomb mate. Excellent work. Mind me asking, how much did they charge you for the polish and wax? They seem to be very good with their work.

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
RM150 for wash, polish, wax. Meguiars stuff mainly, from the looks of it. The car now looks better than the pics on my site.

I've updated my site with pics Darren sent me after the latest wax job. Check it out. ;)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How much is the insurance for a 2000cc car and above? Anyone can provide me a list? I am considering to get a 2000cc car but have to look into the insurance, maintenance and other considerations before I buy one. Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience