Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's here! The car that's soon to be a project car is in my grubby paws.

First thing to do is to make this Puspakom passable.

It is not a pretty car but mechanically it seems sound.

Ideas / suggestions on what needs to be done to pass a 3-step Puspakom name change check?

--------------------------------

While sorting out the Puspakom and all, thought I'd start working on the car. A couple of friends helped out with this :

Damp carpets! And the whole car was superlon-ed. Damp superlon! Strip!

In the words of a famous fella "Bro... lightweight bro!"

Attachments

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm guessing the front and rear lights will not pass......

ExceL

1,500 RPM

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
With that face (the car's face..not ur face :D), better be extra friendly & nice to the inspecting officer(s) :biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If change of name then i think will pass.

If inspection is coz roadtax has been long dead then the front half and rear half might be the cause of fail result.
Its changing the original shape/appearence of the car and thats illegal according to our friendly jpj.

anyway,car looks solid as a mod platform.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
puspakom to change name or to make it road legal (roadtax expired more than a year)?
Name change inspection only. The roadtax is valid until May this year, will renew again when due.

What I need is confirmation, not just speculation. I've done a name change before and the things they checked on my car was welding, tint and engine/chassis number. I'm just worried that it's not all that they check, but based on the paper returned to me, that was all.

I don't recall if I needed to bring my registration grant or not. If yes then I'll need to talk to the owner to mail it to me since he's in Penang.

post in mudah or FB ask anyone wanna swap their front nosecut with u.
go dutch on labour charges or better DIY.

Hmm.. I have no idea who has this car! I'd gladly swap that ghastly front end (fender, bumper and hood) if anyone wants a swap. I'll do the swap myself - it's quite simple.

Oh and the rear too, swap! Mari mari.. anyone?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

If anyone's interested - that's a Waja projector headlamp front with the grill and all.

DanzEterna

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
u can also get PMI Puspakom Mobile Inspection to come to your hse, but its just for changing name only,
not sure whether do they car bout the front bodypart or not.

I did the same for my perdana, wanted to kautim to lepas my dark tint, but they say unable to as they need to take pic of the whole car.
PMI will costs RM130.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Name change inspection only. The roadtax is valid until May this year, will renew again when due.

What I need is confirmation, not just speculation. I've done a name change before and the things they checked on my car was welding, tint and engine/chassis number. I'm just worried that it's not all that they check, but based on the paper returned to me, that was all.

I don't recall if I needed to bring my registration grant or not. If yes then I'll need to talk to the owner to mail it to me since he's in Penang.

Hmm.. I have no idea who has this car! I'd gladly swap that ghastly front end (fender, bumper and hood) if anyone wants a swap. I'll do the swap myself - it's quite simple.

Oh and the rear too, swap! Mari mari.. anyone?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

If anyone's interested - that's a Waja projector headlamp front with the grill and all.
That custom bodykit has welds everywhere for brackets.

scoupe

1,000 RPM

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
hmmmm... well since u say mechnically the car is sound i guess the only thing u gotta worry is the custom kit.. like danz suggested see if anyone wanna trade u for it. To some it maybe a great deal:)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
sigh.. this is gonna be expensive
Maybe post online, then custom FRP bumper, hood for the car. :biggrin:

Or my friend told me, can go any half cut shop find a kit, then can modify at bodykit shop to fit.