Photography and such

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

alexnek

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
hello, good to hear there are so many shooters here.

im more into digital lomography (lomolised) and street photography. Basically the idea is shoot anything.

One of my sample that I took:

Whereas for nature n street shootout im more into art compositions. I DIY table top studio at home too.

LETS SHOOT!

blahblah

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Milky Way
www.bernardloke.com
Originally posted by vestax@Sep 20 2004, 02:09
yeah i`ve done some photography in petaling street area and a few other places such as kota raya & chow kit . well i guess the people in kuala lumpur think you are an stupid idiot with a camera capturing signboards , banners , street signs , various makan stalls :lol: . in a way they think that you are really jakun , like never see those things before . best to be in a tourism spot like petaling street , melaka , penang , the people they are much open minded , i guess the people back there are use to it , every day sure can see foreigners snapping here & there . :lol:

well the reason why i like street photography , cause in a way you are projecting your country's lifestyle and it helps boost tourism too :lol: . actually there are many interesting things in our country , just that we don't see it , so by doing street photography , u`ll pick up many interesting things along the way .
vesty, how come i never know u are into street photography? next time ajak me along bai..but nowadays working in Penang..damn no time except weekends...sigh..

btw, a KLCC shot of mine

reincarnation

Known Member
May 27, 2004
Visit site
im into photography too...my gallery... a mixture of photos and dark arts:
reincarnation.deviantart.com

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
why you never know ? cause you never ask :lol: . next time ajak you ? hehe i actually bring my camera around when ever i go out , anything that is interesting i`ll capture , don't tell me everyday ajak you , sure you damn boring one :lol: .

anyway does anyone know where can i find really cheap lens ? im looking for really cheap 55mm fish lens & 55mm wide angle 0.45 lens . :lol:

SiGNAL

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Ya Mum's House
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've just purchased a p100 and very interested to take some nice pics. I'm more interested into automotive photography. especially dynamic pics..... thanx satria95 for the tips for taking dynamic pics, will try it out some day. any other tips for dcam newbie like me???

I wanna learn setting the shutter speed and apearture(dunno how to spell). I've learned that you must set it opposite. meaning that if shutter speed is high, set appearture low(allow less light to enter because of the speed?) then if shutter speed low, then set appearture high(allow more light to enter?). Roughly something like that...hope to learn more. If wrong, pls correct me sifus sifus sekalian.

:)

alexnek

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
vestax,
Try HOYA lenses, the most common, but 55mm kinda hard to find sometimes.

Signal,
Dun worry bout the shutter n aperture, the camera will balance itself n from there u can 'tune' it in manual mode..

LETS SHOOT!

blahblah

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Milky Way
www.bernardloke.com
Originally posted by vestax@Sep 20 2004, 15:22
why you never know ? cause you never ask :lol: . next time ajak you ? hehe i actually bring my camera around when ever i go out , anything that is interesting i`ll capture , don't tell me everyday ajak you , sure you damn boring one :lol: .

anyway does anyone know where can i find really cheap lens ? im looking for really cheap 55mm fish lens & 55mm wide angle 0.45 lens . :lol:
ajak but not everyday la..if everyday...then something is wrong with u liao...i oso scared of u..hehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Originally posted by vestax@Sep 20 2004, 15:22

vestax,
Dude, you can check out the below link.
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/ftz/index.php3
Lots of sh1t there for sale. hehehe You could also check out Hoya filters (suggested by alexnek). If you're on SLR platform (digital or film), you could take a look at sigma, tamron, nikon (if you're on nikon). For wide angle SLR lenses, I've had a go with the Sigma 12-24mm, which belongs to some bas3rd I know. It's got a viewing angle of about 122 degrees or something like that. That's like as wide as a 100-customer-a-day prostitute can spread her legs. hehehe
If you're refering to filters, or third party add ons for digital cameras (not SLR platform), then try looking for Raynox ( http://www.raynox.com ) or Kenko or even Olympus (provided if the thread size fits your camera). Raynox has a good load of stuff there for lots of digital cameras. One more brand to check out would be Tiffen. Many camera shops here do not carry much accessories for digital camera but I heard that Photo Selangor has loads of sh1t there.

SiGNAL,
Thanks. Well, shutter and aperture has to be opposite but really, if you feel like doing experiments, just feel free to try all sorts of different settings. A faster shutter speed (1/150, 1/200, 1/500, 1/1000, etc) would mean that the camera's "gate" would open and close 1/xxxx of a second, which is quite fast. The bigger the x number, the less light will be allowed into the camera because it opens and close very fast. This allows moving objects to be shot like they are not moving. Since faster shutter speeds will reduce incoming light, you would have to compensate it by lowering the f-number of the aperture (f2.8, f2.4, etc). However, the smaller the f-number, the depth of field will be smaller as well. Depth of field is the clarity of the subject in the same distance, versus subject of different distance.
Example : You set f2.8 on the aperture. You are shooting a beetle. The beetle is about 30 cm away from your camera. The beetle is sitting on a flower, which is also the same distance away from your camera. When you shoot, anything that is 30 cm will remain clear. Anything closer than 30 cm (30cm or less) or further than 30 cm (30cm or more) will start to become blur. Something like that. hehehe

If y'all interested, I could let y'all know when I go out on photography trips with some of my photography friends. Most of them are quite expert in photography, though not full professionals. :)

alexnek

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by satria_95+Sep 20 2004, 22:33 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (satria_95 @ Sep 20 2004, 22:33 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vestax@Sep 20 2004, 15:22
why you never know ? cause you never ask  :lol: . next time ajak you ? hehe i actually bring my camera around when ever i go out , anything that is interesting i`ll capture , don't tell me everyday ajak you , sure you damn boring one  :lol: .

anyway does anyone know where can i find really cheap lens ? im looking for really cheap 55mm fish lens & 55mm wide angle 0.45 lens .  :lol:
vestax,
Dude, you can check out the below link.
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/ftz/index.php3
Lots of sh1t there for sale. hehehe You could also check out Hoya filters (suggested by alexnek). If you're on SLR platform (digital or film), you could take a look at sigma, tamron, nikon (if you're on nikon). For wide angle SLR lenses, I've had a go with the Sigma 12-24mm, which belongs to some bas3rd I know. It's got a viewing angle of about 122 degrees or something like that. That's like as wide as a 100-customer-a-day prostitute can spread her legs. hehehe
If you're refering to filters, or third party add ons for digital cameras (not SLR platform), then try looking for Raynox ( http://www.raynox.com ) or Kenko or even Olympus (provided if the thread size fits your camera). Raynox has a good load of stuff there for lots of digital cameras. One more brand to check out would be Tiffen. Many camera shops here do not carry much accessories for digital camera but I heard that Photo Selangor has loads of sh1t there.

SiGNAL,
Thanks. Well, shutter and aperture has to be opposite but really, if you feel like doing experiments, just feel free to try all sorts of different settings. A faster shutter speed (1/150, 1/200, 1/500, 1/1000, etc) would mean that the camera's "gate" would open and close 1/xxxx of a second, which is quite fast. The bigger the x number, the less light will be allowed into the camera because it opens and close very fast. This allows moving objects to be shot like they are not moving. Since faster shutter speeds will reduce incoming light, you would have to compensate it by lowering the f-number of the aperture (f2.8, f2.4, etc). However, the smaller the f-number, the depth of field will be smaller as well. Depth of field is the clarity of the subject in the same distance, versus subject of different distance.
Example : You set f2.8 on the aperture. You are shooting a beetle. The beetle is about 30 cm away from your camera. The beetle is sitting on a flower, which is also the same distance away from your camera. When you shoot, anything that is 30 cm will remain clear. Anything closer than 30 cm (30cm or less) or further than 30 cm (30cm or more) will start to become blur. Something like that. hehehe

If y'all interested, I could let y'all know when I go out on photography trips with some of my photography friends. Most of them are quite expert in photography, though not full professionals. :) [/b][/quote]
careful wit Foto Selangor (Pertama Complex) prices.. i had bad experience wit them...

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
well thanks for the link satria_95 , but then it doesn't show the price or how to order the lens . anyway im not using any DSLR but just a plain digital camera with semi slr function's and it handles abit like an slr " FUJIFLIM S5000 " ..

FINEPIX S5000

I had the money i`ll go for the KODAK DCS PRO SLR

or the FUJIFILM S2 PRO

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
alexnek,
Dude, if you don't mind, would you share your bad experience with Foto Selangor? We, as customers, should be aware of other customer's bad experience so that we can be careful. For me, Foto Billion in KL Plaza ground floor is a sh1t place to go. Over priced and they talk a lot of shit.

vestax,
I think your camera is classed as prosumer camera. Mind me asking what model is it? I'm using the Fuji S7000. Had a hell of a time in KL trying to look for the adapter tube so that I can attach filters to it. hehe
The Raynox lens looks like a blast. A friend could get it for me from HK at about RM350 or so. It's a 2.2X teleconverter. Turns the camera into a nice voyeur machine. hahahaha
I have not read much about the Kodak DCS camera but a few people have already told me that it's problematic, though they did not specify what problem it was.
As for the Fuji S2 Pro, it's one DSLR that many western people like to use. Not sure why as I've not had my hands on it before but through the magazines that I read, it's above average in review scores. :)

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Originally posted by satria_95@Sep 21 2004, 21:52
alexnek,
Dude, if you don't mind, would you share your bad experience with Foto Selangor? We, as customers, should be aware of other customer's bad experience so that we can be careful. For me, Foto Billion in KL Plaza ground floor is a sh1t place to go. Over priced and they talk a lot of shit.

vestax,
I think your camera is classed as prosumer camera. Mind me asking what model is it? I'm using the Fuji S7000. Had a hell of a time in KL trying to look for the adapter tube so that I can attach filters to it. hehe
The Raynox lens looks like a blast. A friend could get it for me from HK at about RM350 or so. It's a 2.2X teleconverter. Turns the camera into a nice voyeur machine. hahahaha
I have not read much about the Kodak DCS camera but a few people have already told me that it's problematic, though they did not specify what problem it was.
As for the Fuji S2 Pro, it's one DSLR that many western people like to use. Not sure why as I've not had my hands on it before but through the magazines that I read, it's above average in review scores. :)
well since your using the S7000 then we are in the same family , im just a model below you , im on Finepix S5000 . well for the adapter lens its on ebay , you could get it for about 10USD if im not mistaken . well actually we share the same adapter ring .

well if i look for camera reviews it will always be www.steves-digicams.com , so far it doesn't show any bad things about the kodak DCS . as for the S2Pro as you had mention westerns like to use it , well i guess its true cause i have a few overseas friends are using those too , basically its just the same as the nikon D100 .

alexnek

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
satria_95,
I've boycotted Foto Selangor very long ago. Since my office is nearby there I went to enquire bout olympus adapter tube. They do not carry the original but replica so-called made in japan. I took a look at it n asked for the price. FYI, original selling RM100 but they are selling replica at RM230. I told them bout the original price n the best they can give is RM110. I left n proceed to purchase from Olympus head office at RM100 with good service n pretty chick.

Not long after tat i scout for polariser at sg. wang but non of the shop available. I knew Foto Selangor sure carry them but i still reluctant to go there. Finally i have no choice, i proceed there after been looking up n down for a 55mm HOYA polariser. Starting price RM449. Straight I told them how much discount they can give. They told me RM330, imported from Japan. DUH!! which HOYA are from Japan....

Then i told them bout the common price n they gimme another discount price at RM129. Now this price seem reasonable to me.

Some of my colleague worshipped them like god just because tat ah pek owner show his photo taken wit Simon Yam, but I find that they are too HOW LIEN (lansi!)...

Please dun take my words, if u guys like Foto Selangor coz they carry alot shits there n have good relationship with them... u r lucky. They seems only give good service for media or professional photographer with more than RM8K dslr camera (just the body) hanging on the neck... chekai photographer like me can only get 'nose facing sky' service from them....

Btw, I tot S7000 n S5000 comes together wit the adapter tube? My fren bought S5000 n it's included with UV filter as well.. hmmm :rolleyes:

Is there any photo shop tat sell alot of accessories? im looking for a wide lense other than olympus. The price is killing for a durian seller like me.

LETS SHOOT!

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
where is photo selangor ?. from 400 ++ discount to 100 ++ shit man , look at how much profits they are making , if the consumer really buys it at that original price .

yeap S5000 comes with the adapter ring , but not all comes with it , defferent package different stuff and it depends on the shop too to dump in a few extra stuff . i`ve been looking for wide angle & telephoto lens in ebay , if i were to convert it would be about RM 400 , for me its damn expensive . hoping to get the lens cheaper like 150 to 200 bucks maybe :lol: .

alexnek

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Foto Selangor located at ground floor Pertama Complex (Jalan Raja Laut)... u will notice this shop with alot Simon Yam photos (chiu! :angry: ) and share wit a tailor shop inside..... <_<

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Alexnek,
Thanks for sharing your experience. If I happen to go there to check out some stuff, I'll be extra cautious about them and their stuff. I've never actually been there before and I don't know if I'll ever go there. haha Don't really favor going to that area cos of the people there. I got the adapter tube which is silver in color but it's a 55-52. I have a 52-58 to hold my UV. Weird huh? haha When I use my Hoya Macro Close Up +10, I have a 58-55. hahaha That's like 3 sizes of thread I have.
I would post a photo here but ZTH

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello everyone!. As the title says, this was indeed a major challenge for me to restore the shine back to this 90's Mazda MX5 as the paint was heavily oxidized and neglected by the previous owner. This is by far, my longest detailing task to date. Here's how the car looked like upon arrival:

Notice the lack of gloss and shine?. The paint also appeared dull, weathered and pretty oxidized...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience