Perodua's first ever sedan, the Bezza finally launched!

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com
I'm pretty sure this 95hp 1.3 Bezza is quite good enough if you drive the manual variant...

My old EFI 4G15 Wira MT produces less output and is heavier than the Bezza but is still fine to me. Funny thing is, a friend of mine went for a ride in my car and it somehow frightened him a bit when I go full throttle. He told me it feels like it is fast despite I'm not really going fast. He is driving a F30 320i himself. Perhaps he is not used to the response you get from MT cars. :biggrin:
LOL your comment cracked me up, man. To quote some auto journalists, "Some cars can give you excitement without going too fast that you get into trouble."

Perhaps his F30 accelerates and shifts a lot smoother, therefore he got scared being in your car, even though his F30 accelerates at a quicker rate. Plus sitting in passenger seat is of course more terrifying than driving the car ourselves.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
LOL your comment cracked me up, man. To quote some auto journalists, "Some cars can give you excitement without going too fast that you get into trouble."

Perhaps his F30 accelerates and shifts a lot smoother, therefore he got scared being in your car, even though his F30 accelerates at a quicker rate. Plus sitting in passenger seat is of course more terrifying than driving the car ourselves.
haha...even though lesser power the manual can feel the oomph mah!....lol
Yah! driver in control always feel different......:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

haha...even though lesser power the manual can feel the oomph mah!....lol
Yah! driver in control always feel different......:driver:
His explanation is, my car is more mechanical in the engine which he thinks it feels more raw while his car is more electronic.

When he is giving me a ride in his F30 before riding on my car, he is accelerating until 110-120kmh while revving to 5-6k rpm before shifting. The car is fast but it feels calm and less drama. You have the speed but everything is done in a calmly way. When he went for a ride in my car, I was going full throttle to around 6k rpm on 1st and 2nd gear while my speed is just around 60-80kmh in 2nd gear.

At that time, there is another friend together with us. He test drove the F30 as well that day. So I ask him how did it feel. He said the car is good but there is just this lack of feeling in it. He told me that there is more feeling when driving my wira. He himself is driving a 4G18 Waja MT. He says the F30 is somewhat like Waja, good in power but it feels less engaging than Wira. Probably due to weight and soundproofing I guess.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Probably the car is quiet and stable so you don't feel the speed. When my VR was first completed and with the new brakes and suspension fitted, so when out testing was wondering why the engine cut then had a look at the speedo already reach 190kph......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Probably the car is quiet and stable so you don't feel the speed. When my VR was first completed and with the new brakes and suspension fitted, so when out testing was wondering why the engine cut then had a look at the speedo already reach 190kph......lol
Is that because the engine is powerful until it reaches 190kmh too fast or your car is just much more stable?

Back to Bezza, this new 1.3 litre engine seems to be producing quite a good amount of hp. With dual VVT-i, you can really play around with the tuning to achieve higher hp. Now that power is sufficient, I wonder if this car is stable at higher speed and corners.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is that because the engine is powerful until it reaches 190kmh too fast or your car is just much more stable?

Back to Bezza, this new 1.3 litre engine seems to be producing quite a good amount of hp. With dual VVT-i, you can really play around with the tuning to achieve higher hp. Now that power is sufficient, I wonder if this car is stable at higher speed and corners.
VR hit top speed fast as well as it was stable, did not feel the speed.

The Bezza as in most passenger cars in build for daily drive. If want to corner fast drive fast, then change lower profile tyres, and fit lowered suspension loh.....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
VR hit top speed fast as well as it was stable, did not feel the speed.

The Bezza as in most passenger cars in build for daily drive. If want to corner fast drive fast, then change lower profile tyres, and fit lowered suspension loh.....:biggrin:
Impressive for a car nearing the age of 30.

I had taken a look at Bezza today in Tesco. I'm actually surprised for the amount of rear leg room. Better than my Wira. Interior width is not as wide as Wira. Rear headroom is good for me even when I sit up straight. At least better than 3rd generation Vios because I am scraping my head on the roof before I even sit up straight. Front dashboard position seems a bit high for me. But since I'm using Wira, every other car's dashboard just feels high to me.

Also took a look at the 1.0 engine. The extractor design looks weird to me because I don't see any individual pipes coming out. They sort of got joined together straight after coming out from the engine... I wonder if the 1.3 variant is like that or not. If it is, looks like it is not easy to change to something like 4-2-1 setup for the 1.3 engine...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
At that time VR was only around 10 years old, now 25 dy.....lol

The exhaust could be a cast iron block or the cat is fitted right up front. Seen some cars like that already....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
At that time VR was only around 10 years old, now 25 dy.....lol

The exhaust could be a cast iron block or the cat is fitted right up front. Seen some cars like that already....
Soon your VR will be qualified as old school retro car. :biggrin:

Looks like the modding potential in new cars is getting lesser and lesser. Apparently what is popular now in new cars would be ECU tuning instead of changing parts.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Soon your VR will be qualified as old school retro car. :biggrin:

Looks like the modding potential in new cars is getting lesser and lesser. Apparently what is popular now in new cars would be ECU tuning instead of changing parts.
Yup, With new technology, even modding scene is different......:driver:

mc888

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Little HK
Exactly. As for the length of the car, it feels okay, just that it seems quite narrow on width. The rear quarter design for the car makes the wheel look very small. The area above the wheel arch seems a bit too long.

Saw 1 yesterday & it seems the butt is tad high. I wonder will it affect the handling tremendously once above 70kmh.. & there r too much decals at the butt too lol..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,
i took my car to the garage as it was overheating and then stop the engine and then it wont start again until its cool down, but water not boiling but they said it could be down to engine temperature sensor which located on engine head.
just wondered if anybody got any ideas about this?
thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience