Perodua MyVI and Kelisa Performance

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
ok just wanna disect these 2 cars in terms of performance (ie. handling wise)

from the specs, the kelisa has a better rear suspension setup (3-link suspension) compared to the myvi which has a torsion beam. i know most of u would say that golf gtis use the torsion beams but it is still inferior to the 3-link setup the kelisa has correct?

also weight balance is an issue i'd like to consider when comapring these 2 cars...from what i hear and my personal opinion, the kelisa is a very well balanced car (stock condition) however, i;d like to see the fr and rr weight ratio if anyone can provide for these 2 cars.

any opinions on modding these cars are also welcome.

from my knowledge, the myvi has the YRV Turbo engine as an option but what about NA? anyone done cams or exhaust mods yet? and the kelisa, isit the L5? i can't remember.

let's talk about it k.

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
ermm.. my opinion.. if these 2 cars spent same amount of money.. i'd say kelisa is faster due to the power to weight ratio.. but however.. myvi has better chasis compare to it..
i've seen few kelisa with diff engine in it.. even YRV! no joke.. really..
handling wise.. i dunno much coz i nvr test myvi's limit(don dare to test la,new car ma) but let's say kelisa with L5 i think it's still ok.. but for the YRV i think it will be quite understeer coz of the heavy engine..

so wad i think is.. if u wanna mod..want a faster ride.. get a kelisa.. n yes u also can mod myvi.. but it's still a new car.. muz drive for some time den only mod lor.. but safety wise.. myvi is better..

juz my 2 cents la!!
cheers!!

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
there is a hotter NA version of the K3 called the K3-VE2. dont know whats the difference between K3-VE and a K3-VE2 but the VE2 got 120hp.

so any1 out there can elaborate?

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
120hp from a 1.3 na..?...tats pretty impressive

am01

Known Member
May 24, 2004
Visit site
k3-ve2..i think is 110hp...
k3vet = 140 hp

ah ha.. does the standard myvi 1.0 came with dvvt?.. anyone know?

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
amo1,
all the myvi's come with DOHC DVVT.

wow! didn't know of such an engine! hmmm, will do some research on that.

oh yeah my main focus is for events such as autocross and stuff. howcome myvi's chassis is better than the kelisa?

oh since it has dvvt right, the cams won't be your regular cams correct? and also if you change the cams even to mid cams, alot of other things like valve springs...etc will have to change to accomodate the dvvt feature right?

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Wah nick... KE70 dun want edi.. putra also dun want.. now want small little cars edi ah...

WBH8668

500 RPM
May 28, 2005
Pudu Jail
kelisa come with 989cc DOCH Twin-Cam :D

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
kelisa's engine isn't the L5...

but its called EJ-DE its similar to the kenari wan..its DOHC twincam..

btw if u wan performance,go for kelisa..actually K3-VE (NA) is alr morethan enuf lo...imagine the weight ratio over the light kelisa..syok le..

if u wan to play wit MYvi...go for K3-VET wan lo...then customize the front mount intercooler...hehehe....

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
hmmm, is the K3-VE engine heavier? cause in that case it might upset the fr and rr weight distribution correct?

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
yes of course...but not very much of a difference..K3-VE is a 1.3l inline 4cylinder engine...116Nm/3.2k rpm...

then u just need to change the front suspension n springs lo....then should be ok edy.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
hmmmm, interesting stuff here. hehe. umm, so does anyone have a list of halfcut prices for the mentioned engines pls?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi people,

Just wondering anyone in here knows where i can get myself some lose profile lights from any make of car.... just the light assembly only.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience