Perodua Recalls 74,000 Myvis To Replace Power Steering Column

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Perodua Recalls 74,000 Myvis To Replace Power Steering Column

Perodua has announced in a press release received yesterday evening, that it is initiating a Preventive Measure Campaign to recall 74,000 of its New Myvi variant, made between March 2011 and March 2012, to replace its power steering column.

“We apologise for the inconvenience caused to our customers but this campaign is necessary as the car’s performance may not be at its best and could partially compromise the driver’s response time at low speeds,” said Perodua Managing Director Datuk Aminar Rashid Salleh.

The problem, according to Datuk Aminar, can be detected when the Electronic Power Steering (EPS) indicator light goes on, and the steering becomes slightly heavy at slow speeds between 30 to 40 km/h. Even though a temporary fix can be done by switching off and restarting the engine, he urged notified customers to request for an appointment at any of its 170 service centres in Malaysia to have a permanent fix by replacing the column, which supposedly will only take 80 minutes. “Perodua will absorb all costs for the replacement of the EPS column; in addition, priority will be given to those affected because here at Perodua, You Matter Most,” Datuk Aminar said. “The campaign time frame is open ended; that being said we encourage our customers to make their appointments as soon as it is convenient for them to ensure that the replacement can be done orderly and smoothly,” he added.

Read more at: Perodua Recalls 74,000 Myvis To Replace Power Steering Column
Follow us: @wemotor_dot_com on Twitter | wemotor.com on Facebook

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All car makes have their own problems I guess...:smokin:

Anyway Myvi owners who owns a myvi model between March 2011 and March 2012. Best get
it check. :driver:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
This announcement has been publish early 2013 and i saw the re-call in newspaper 2times edi. I think they have fixed the speed reader in EPS.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
This announcement has been publish early 2013 and i saw the re-call in newspaper 2times edi. I think they have fixed the speed reader in EPS.
Ya just posting in case some did not come across the article. News was in January.

nik969

Sep 21, 2006
Hei whatabout those who suffer the sub-standard braking system in myvi...??

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Dont get what u mean, but maybe u can get it check with SC instead. Don't seems to be any news on that.

OKLY

Known Member
Nov 26, 2011
Selangor
Either you change it to an aftermarket rotor which will be a permanent solution to this issue. The rotors from Perodua warps easily and if you don't mind the hassle of frequent visits to the SC then you don't have to fork out any money, just keep visiting the SC for either skimming or replacement.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

after this persona wagon then persona softtop then persona [FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]coupe[/FONT][/FONT]2 door then persona special edition then persona R3 the persona GTi then persona limited edition bla bla bla...
bwahahah

wasnt the black one with 2-tone interior the special edition?

i hope they rectified the un-ergonomic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience