Permanent Speed Traps in Malaysia.

potato

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Let's share information of Permanent situated Speed Traps in Malaysia. Whether it's on Highway or normal roads. Remember to list the location & distance (km) & speed limit.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Just becareful when you see a bunch of construction workers working on the roads or if there are any
road under construction...

My parents met a good Samaritans who flashed from the opposite lane to alert everyone that there is a roadblock up ahead...
Drove for 15 mins, still no road block, dad thought it was nothing, but my mum advise him to keep to the speed limit
as there is a reason why he flashed..

After 40 mins of driving, Bingo! There is a road block up ahead. Thanks to the man for alerting. Both directions
somewhere around Bidor, have road blocks on both side...More than 10 cars for each side kena...4 police cars at
the roadside...(highway from KL – Ipoh/Ipoh - KL)

Well, after that, my parents manage to pass safely and was looking out where did that idiot cameraman hiding...
Caught him in a Construction Uniform sitting down with his camera but can be differentiate by looking at his black
pants and boots...

Well, from far you might not notice is a policeman aiming a camera at you...it was a great camouflage with other
construction workers behind him working on the site...:mad:

Take note guys...new tactic...

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Just becareful when you see a bunch of construction workers working on the roads or if there are any
road under construction...

My parents met a good Samaritans who flashed from the opposite lane to alert everyone that there is a roadblock up ahead...
Drove for 15 mins, still no road block, dad thought it was nothing, but my mum advise him to keep to the speed limit
as there is a reason why he flashed..

After 40 mins of driving, Bingo! There is a road block up ahead. Thanks to the man for alerting. Both directions
somewhere around Bidor, have road blocks on both side...More than 10 cars for each side kena...4 police cars at
the roadside...(highway from KL – Ipoh/Ipoh - KL)

Well, after that, my parents manage to pass safely and was looking out where did that idiot cameraman hiding...
Caught him in a Construction Uniform sitting down with his camera but can be differentiate by looking at his black
pants and boots...

Well, from far you might not notice is a policeman aiming a camera at you...it was a great camouflage with other
construction workers behind him working on the site...:mad:

Take note guys...new tactic...
yaiks...after this, whats next?

army camo suit? :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
:rofl: Usually they just put on a normal shirt or T-shirt hiding behind a tree with walkie talkie...

lefties

Sep 16, 2009
penang
yeah...white pagoda t-shirt...black pants & boots.....rool camera...shoot!!!:ahhhhh:

dekaiser

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
add to the list...broken car at the side of the road...with hood popping up...saw it once in karak highway...police with plain cloth equipped with camera hiding at the side of the camera...taking pics from behind plate no. not the usual front

fareastjgg

Sep 26, 2005
johor bahru
pants and boots...

not nice calling him idiot..he just doing his job..

cheers...

didie

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
One thing for sure, the new cameras, it is really sharp, in a week, 2 'love letters' were sent to my house, complete with the evidence which is photographs. One caught at Lebuhraya Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu in Penang, speed limit is 70 km/h im doing 80 km/h and the other one is MRR2 heading to Gombak (this one photographed from the rear) limit is 110 km/h im doing 120km/h. Both are RM 150 and no way to ignore it as the photographs is in the letter itself. Sighhh.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
add to the list...broken car at the side of the road...with hood popping up...saw it once in karak highway...police with plain cloth equipped with camera hiding at the side of the camera...taking pics from behind plate no. not the usual front
Wow...That's something new! Thanks for sharing :top:

pants and boots...

not nice calling him idiot..he just doing his job..

cheers...
True! BUT just most of us are really a fan of his...:biggrin:

Well, is good to prevent people from speeding dangerously if only they are there to
really issue a summon to those who broke the law then is alright but instead, most
of the time are just off to get some side income...:mad:

BUT also, in order to stop bribery, we citizens are responsible too by accepting
a summon if you are in the wrong and not offer bribes. :top:

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
~Gd thread! Thank u for sharing:):top:

fareastjgg

Sep 26, 2005
johor bahru
Well, is good to prevent people from speeding dangerously if only they are there to
really issue a summon to those who broke the law then is alright but instead, most
of the time are just off to get some side income..
BUT also, in order to stop bribery, we citizens are responsible too by accepting
a summon if you are in the wrong and not offer bribes.

agreed wif u bro...if u broke the law then u have to face the summons..just give them your signature..hehehhe

and dont forget to ask back your lesen and my kad....hehehhehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

Please help me decide between 2009 Mercedes c200k and Lexus IS250. Both unreg, recon.

Mercedes has more brand power in Malaysia ( people think its more prestigious)
Road tax is cheaper
Better fuel consumption
Relatively better resale value
Low reliability for a4 yrs old car
Bland interior

Lexus
More reliable
Smooth V6
High fuel consumption
Excellent interior
Great features
Reliability

Price is almost the same and rear leg room isnt a big issue for me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience