Performance Tire Prices(Pls Contribute The Price & Location to buy)

ayell

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2004
Segamat JHR
can any1 here tel me about da details on Goodyear Eagle F1 n BS Potenza RE001 Adrenalin. pros n cons, performance, durabality n comments. pls, as i goin to change al 4 tyres dis week.

da price i quoted 4 both tyres at a same shop in sri rampai kl 4 da size 195/50R1582W. even da speed rate of dis 2 tyres r same which made me feel hard 2 make a choice. da price 4 Eagle F1 is RM215/pc, n BS Potenza RE001 is RM235/pc. da price is 4 brand new tyre.

hope 2 hear from u guys soon. hope u can provide me somethin which can help me in decision makin
wow that is good price for Adrenalin, I just bought it 2 month ago at rm280 a piece.

jwmwong

Dec 5, 2008
Hey joev8796,
Been runnin on g-Force™ Sport for the last year and a bit. I'm driving a Waja 1.6(A) and still using the standard 195.55 on 15" rims.

Gotta say, i love the rubbers. IMO these are pretty durable tires. Not only that, these tyres builds confidence. The reason i say this is because the traction progressively gives way when you start pushing it beyond its limit. Btw...its both in the wet and dry that i find this to be evident.

Generally, i'd say jap tyres experience the same degradation past 50%. Id estimate my treads to be around 40% - 50% left and they're pretty darn consistent.

I enjoy these tyres and they're pretty darn lasting. Love em...amd would i purchase them again...hell yeah.

Just in case, i left a link for ya
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/overview/g-force-sport/2964.html

Bump: hey joev8796,
Been on g-Force™ Sport 195.55 15" for the last yr and abit. I'd estimate my treads to have about 40-50% left on them cos i'm kinda rough on my tyres when i drive.

This tyres a great all-rounder for its price range and for what it has to offer. Its a great all rounder in both the wet and dry. Its got a progressive loss of grip when its pushed beyond its limits so its quite confidence inspiring when you begin to take corrective measures. However, they can be quite noisey on the tarmac. but i can't give 2 hoots when it comes to good performance (taking price as a factor). Plus the sidewalls are pretty stiff which makes it for a firmer ride, which is good for me. I had a fren actually ask what springs i was on. I was on standard OEMs.

if budget's your concern, id recommend these. Best amnt of performance for the RM
Cheers

Bump: hey joev8796,
Been on g-Force™ Sport 195.55 15" for the last yr and abit. I'd estimate my treads to have about 40-50% left on them cos i'm kinda rough on my tyres when i drive.

This tyres a great all-rounder for its price range and for what it has to offer. Its a great all rounder in both the wet and dry. Its got a progressive loss of grip when its pushed beyond its limits so its quite confidence inspiring when you begin to take corrective measures. However, they can be quite noisey on the tarmac. but i can't give 2 hoots when it comes to good performance (taking price as a factor). Plus the sidewalls are pretty stiff which makes it for a firmer ride, which is good for me. I had a fren actually ask what springs i was on. I was on standard OEMs.

if budget's your concern, id recommend these. Best amnt of performance for the RM
Cheers

Bump: Hrm...you've placed 2 very good tyres head to head. I've tried out the adrenalins at sepang before. They definately dont screech like most tyres do. They don't wander offcourse like most tyres do when it goes over unevenness. BUT they're comfy like no other sports tyres and they still feel stiff around the bends. Mich PS2 for eg feels comfy, but i do admit there was a fair bit of roll with them as well. Bridgestones...man they're interesting stuff. Just haven't tried them out in the wet.

As for the F1s, well...i have tried these guys out in the rain and man, do they stick on the road when its wet. they've got very similar characteristics but id say, they last pretty well and considering the experience i've had with the F1s, id say go for em. Very few tyres come close to their wet performance as well as the dry.

Bump: Hrm...you've placed 2 very good tyres head to head. I've tried out the adrenalins at sepang before. They definately dont screech like most tyres do. They don't wander offcourse like most tyres do when it goes over unevenness. BUT they're comfy like no other sports tyres and they still feel stiff around the bends. Mich PS2 for eg feels comfy, but i do admit there was a fair bit of roll with them as well. Bridgestones...man they're interesting stuff. Just haven't tried them out in the wet.

As for the F1s, well...i have tried these guys out in the rain and man, do they stick on the road when its wet. they've got very similar characteristics but id say, they last pretty well and considering the experience i've had with the F1s, id say go for em. Very few tyres come close to their wet performance as well as the dry.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
i tried toyo T1R, nice but not lastin, same 2 AD07 i used b4. now i need somethin lastin 2
oh... forgot the lasting thingy... hehe... coz i'm not really bother bout that issue... hehehe...

joev8796

Known Member
Oct 23, 2008
thx wong, pls dun b surprised after i told u tat i hav installed 4 pc of F1 eagle after read ur post. yea Adrenalin is a gud tyre but it was out of my budget whn i oso need 2 change da rims centre cones, rear adsorbers, absorber bushin etc... if i just had 2 change da slicks, sure i'l go 4 RE001. just got it tested in a heavy downpour, da handlin is reali gud as i could c many drivers expect me 2 skid whn i overtake them at da speed of 140km/h in a hard rain n wet road.

yashiofactory

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
Hi all bros just want to share my experience on using RE001 adernalin.....im driving my satria gsr 20G......for your info this tyre damn good because during the hot or rainy days it seems nothing....previously im using AD07 its good during the hot wheather but a little bit disappoinment during rain.....im trying this tyre RE001 in the rain during the tuning for my engine its accelerate like nothing can stop u and i agree with joev8796 furthermore if u the person who like to play in the corner this tyre are really suitable......:driver:

joev8796

Known Member
Oct 23, 2008
sry guys, 4got 2 post da place i bought my tyres.

dunno if Goodyear Eagle F1 is considered as performance tyre onot.

Goodyear Eagle F1 195/50/R15 82W - RM 215/pc
Bridgestone Potenza RE001 Adrenalin 195/50/R15 82W - RM235/pc

at Pro Edar, Sri Rampai (near by wangsa maju)

4G15P_Asthma

Aug 14, 2008
Brand: Toyo Proxes T1-R 195/50R15
Location(which shop): Top Car Tyre & Battery Enterprise, Tmn Universiti Skudai, Johor
Price: RM250
Date(When): 19th August 2008

Hope this helps

rockstellar

Known Member
Dec 4, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
bit.ly
Brand: Bridgestone MY01 195/50/15
Location: LH CAR CARE SDN BHD (Bridgestone shop at the corner lot)
Price: RM165
Date(When): 1st January 2009

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Brand: Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 165/55-14
Price: RM240 pc
Date(When): 03rd January 2009

Bump: Brand: Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 165/55-14
Price: RM240 pc
Date(When): 03rd January 2009

4G15P_Asthma

Aug 14, 2008
Brand: BFGoodrich g-Force Sport 195/55R15
Location(which shop): CMY Tire Trading, 30 Jln Impian Emas 4, Tmn Impian Emas, Skudai, Johor
Price: RM200 per piece
Date(When): 08th January 2009

Brand: Michelin Pilot Preceda 195/55R15
Location(which shop): KBS Tires & Batteries, 5387 Jln Kenari 21 Bandar Putra, Kulai, Johor
Price: RM250 per piece
Date(When): 08th January 2009

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
My fren offer me 4pcs of used Proxes R1-R sized 195/50/15.. He wan to sell all 4pcs at RM600(tread about 80%-85%)... But the problem is I dunno the price of 1pc brand new R1-R... Search aredi at my area but cant find any.. Can someone help me about the pricing here??

Another thing is the guy mentioned that Toyo never produce R1-R sized 195/55/15... Can sumone confirm that??

TQ

Last edited:

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
My fren offer me 4pcs of used Proxes R1-R sized 195/50/15.. He wan to sell all 4pcs at RM600(tread about 80%-85%)... But the problem is I dunno the price of 1pc brand new R1-R... Search aredi at my area but cant find any.. Can someone help me about the pricing here??

Another thing is the guy mentioned that Toyo never produce R1-R sized 195/55/15... Can sumone confirm that??

TQ
Guess I got it wrong guys... The R1-R actually has the 195/55/15 size...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Most men have their own dream garages. I know I’ve daydreamed about this countless times before, even limiting myself to ‘just’ a total of five cars. One of the five parking bays in my dream garage is reserved for an SUV; although I’ve yet to decide on which one and am swaying between a Porsche Cayenne, or a BMW X5. I recently approached BMW Malaysia and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience