need advice on increase/modify wira performance (engine speed)

wira22

May 13, 2013
Pahang
hye sifu2, senior bros :itsme: ... im newbie to car modification... i driving wira 1.6 (original engine)(auto)
now i want to increase the engine speed with budget under 10k...

so any1 can help me ,, wat i should do? Thnx :confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hye sifu2, senior bros :itsme: ... im newbie to car modification... i driving wira 1.6 (original engine)(auto)
now i want to increase the engine speed with budget under 10k...

so any1 can help me ,, wat i should do? Thnx :confused:
Bolt on Turbo.

Find a reliable workshop and pay them to mod for you

wira22

May 13, 2013
Pahang
bolt on turbo?? cn gt small brief bout it...since itz my first time hear tis term... sry

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
bolt on turbo?? cn gt small brief bout it...since itz my first time hear tis term... sry
If you have a look at Mudah.my, you'll see some folks selling a small turbo, manifold, etc one whole set for about RM2k give or take.

Then you just bolt everything onto your car and use a low boost. But you'll probably need to invest in a ECU, whether piggy back or standalone depends on your tuner.

Like I said - go to a reputable shop, make a few friends, throw an inquiry "Can you make my car go faster with a budget of 10k" and let them recommend what can be done for you.

And like I said - easiest way to increase power is forced induction - in this case turbocharge.

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
1st and foremost, do some research on which terms or car parts you do not understand about. Cos if you don't know what parts are going into your car, foreman's can con you. They would say it'll make your car go faster etc but actually the parts are fake or spoilt etc and would cause more problems rather than solving it.

wira22

May 13, 2013
Pahang
1st and foremost, do some research on which terms or car parts you do not understand about. Cos if you don't know what parts are going into your car, foreman's can con you. They would say it'll make your car go faster etc but actually the parts are fake or spoilt etc and would cause more problems rather than solving it.
thanks meltan7...

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
from start of this bolt on turbo trend until now, i believe it should not cause any unreliability if in safe range; not boosted above 0.5bar.

Set your mindset in transforming your ride into something more fun with extra push, but it will not be a racing engine / sports car etc. Bolt on turbo is cheap nowadays, with 10k u can even ue it for supporting mods.

i believe overhauling your engine with some good port and polish job will ensure everything runs fine for a long time. after that the only weak point to look for is your auto GB. can it hold up?

totally agree with meltan, u got to have some knowledge on what stuff goes into your car, how it roughly works out. all those unnecessary / additional cost can sum up to quite an amount sometimes.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
wat else have u done to the car? suspension? brakes etc?

if absolutely stock... u should put aside around 4k just for suspension and brake upgrades before doing the bolt on turbo etc.

and highly recommend to convert to manual... that alone with ur stock engine will definitely give u a significant performance increase.

wira22

May 13, 2013
Pahang

if absolutely stock... u should put aside around 4k just for suspension and brake upgrades before doing the bolt on turbo etc.

and highly recommend to convert to manual... that alone with ur stock engine will definitely give u a significant performance increase.
adjustable suspension..brake..all four chnged to disc brake n larger pump.. exhaust system fully 2-inch with middle bullet n tabung S....

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
increase engine speed ah?

currently what is the max rpm? need 10,000rpm?

need to change crank...or shot peened it..
lighter piston or titanium conrod...
valve spring and retainer also need to change..

then tuned the ecu so that it can rev up to 10,000rpm
at that time you might need to improve fuel delivery and breathing...
and camshaft for high rpm tuning..

and things start to fail...:biggrin:

RevMesh

Known Member
Jul 20, 2004
from start of this bolt on turbo trend until now, i believe it should not cause any unreliability if in safe range; not boosted above 0.5bar.

Set your mindset in transforming your ride into something more fun with extra push, but it will not be a racing engine / sports car etc. Bolt on turbo is cheap nowadays, with 10k u can even ue it for supporting mods.

i believe overhauling your engine with some good port and polish job will ensure everything runs fine for a long time. after that the only weak point to look for is your auto GB. can it hold up?

totally agree with meltan, u got to have some knowledge on what stuff goes into your car, how it roughly works out. all those unnecessary / additional cost can sum up to quite an amount sometimes.

As said by the experienced motorheads above, first and utmost important thing that matters when modding a car is based on setting the mindset. Below will be the guide:

if u r strict in what u want, unlike me, then for just increase of power (i believe thats what u meant by "increase engine speed"), u can stick with auto gearbox and go the NA route, even if u thinking of changing to manual later. (manual gb isn't a ticket to F.I)

why not turbo charge? a turbo charged NA car is not gonna yield so much power for a sohc 1.6. the ratio of money spent:power yield would be so saddening. Those used BOT kits u gonna get online would be POS, i seen many of them. 10k is more than enuff to BOT a NA car. but to build a reliable one, u would spent all the money, if u dont mind, but i guarantee you it'll be a reliable one (sadly yes, not worth it)

last but not least, if u dun mind spending money for BOT, welcome to the wonderful world of F.I
I'm a proud owner of drag satria turbo.

BOT- bolt on turbo on a NA car.
F.I - Forced Induction aka turbo-charge
POS - piece of shits
gb - gear box
NA - naturally aspirated

google what is turbo charge, what is NA tuning. read more before deciding, u got all the time in the world.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Actually I just had a thought.

If your car is a VDO Siemens 4G15 Wira, then you probably could just get :

1. A Stroker kit and stroke it with larger pistons to 1.7L thereabouts
2. Port and polish cylinder head with oversized valves and all the nice things like 3-angle cut and all that.
3. A mild cam and adjustable cam pulley with a lightened crank pulley.

Just these 3 things along will make you happy for about 5 years with an auto gearbox. On my car it translated to 96whp which is not too bad for a Wira on stock ECU and all that good stuff.

Turbo will yield much higher results but like what revmesh said - a reliable turbo charged car will probably set you back more than the 10k budget of yours unless you opt to swap engine to perhaps a 4G93T assuming your car is a 1.5/1.6. If it's a 1.8 you probably could get away with a 4G63T swap.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Hi,

If you are going for speed..

1) Daily or track only?
-A track car is NOT for daily ride. So if you want to make your car a daily ride..read on..

2) How Fast you want to go?
-180/220/240/260/280kmh? Remember the faster you go.. the more you have to spend on the next no 3 and 4..please put in mind a wira dont have ABS, stability control, traction control and all other high end things..When a 5 series BMW whack a corner.. please don't act the same by tailgating it..

3) Car safety aspect
-Higher performance car demands better parts in terms of quality. Twin pot, good brake pads, reliable abs, performance bushing, Hi performance tyre, good rims..and the list goes on..

4) Engine reliability
- More power means more things to upgrade..cam, piston, bearings, upgrade air intake, better exhaust flow, programmable ECU and the list goes on..

4) Long term maintenance
-High performance car needs higher maintenance..Cant use cheap engine oil, racing spec engine oil and gearbox oil is almost a must.. wear and tear things..cant use cheap tyre..cheap brake pads..

*So, personally i suggest to change your gearbox to manual..upgrade air intake (please don't use imitation), upgrade extractor and piping + muffler, get a sport clutch, upgrade braking system, make your car weight less (use fiber hood etc), good adjustables and lower ur car height, hi performance tyres and light rims. You should at least feel noticeable difference. This all already cost you nearly RM10k..And if you still have some dough left... go for hi cams and ECU :)

What Izso comment is right.. u might go for engine swap.. but still need to upgrade ur car handling and safety...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Recently, i hv a problem removing the road tax sticker from my car. it seems to hv dried up on that windscreen. so dard to remove n got stains as well.

wat u guys suggest?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience