Optimum Coating : Gruffe Peugeot 308 Turbo

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

Today we have here not just your normal Peugeot 308. This is the Gruffe edition, its something like a sports edition for Peugeots. We were honoured to get to coat and work on such a car althought not extremely expensive.

Upon arrival, we inspected the car. The weather for that day was cold and wet. It had rained last night and the car is coated with a layer of dirt and dust.

But looking from a distance, it still seemed to be in good condition.

As we inspected into detail, we found...

Dust covered chrome makes the chrome look oxidized

Rims were brake dust covered

Moving to the paint inspection, we found holograms from post delivery polishing.

More holograms on the paint

Some sections had visible swirls and holograms.

The hood was also filled with holograms only visible under proper lighting.

For the correction stage, we first washed the car in a detailed manner. Clearly we could see that the polish that the dealership did was insufficient for paint protection.

We corrected the parts with holograms.

Others sections was also successfully corrected. Pardon the wiping marks from the polishing oil.

There was no longer any swirls and holograms around the lighting. Again, pardon the polishing as we were testing a new polish.

And finally, we cleaned the engine bay and applied a layer of plastic and vinyl protected on the covers.

The wheels were cleaned to detailed.

Dried off and finished with Optimum Coating.

We also cleaned and Optimum Protected the leather for a natural soft touch and shine.

The finishing blew the owner away with the intense gloss and shine from a maroon red car.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
nice work, but i have a question. Once you do all this coating. after that, we have daily drive, and all the dust, rain and hot sun.
do we have to do the coating again? is it just a normal wash? How much would it cost to this? Just curious.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Awesome paint rescue as usual bro! By the way, what is Gruffe?

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
nice work, but i have a question. Once you do all this coating. after that, we have daily drive, and all the dust, rain and hot sun.
do we have to do the coating again? is it just a normal wash? How much would it cost to this? Just curious.
After coating you will be able to withstand the daily exposure of dust dirt, sun and rain. My car is coated and daily driven. But it doesnt mean you can just neglect without washing or waxing. Its an additional thickness and hardness for you to have a better coverage of the risk.

Awesome paint rescue as usual bro! By the way, what is Gruffe?
hahaha thanks bro. Gruffe is like the GTI for a normal golf TSI. like...high spec?

no problem :D
thanks bro

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Good griffe! It is Griffe. Not Gruffe.
LOL, thanks for the headsup, I didn't know this until the owner told me about it, but apparently the owner also got it wrong :rofl:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Its another round of happy trails

The children was so excited & they wash, clay & clean the car

Thanks for another opportunity again ...charity detailing...

24 Hours
the movie

0700 hours went down town to pick up , Rex who fly all the way from Kuching...

0800 hours breakfast with REX

0900 hours arrived at...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience