Opinon About Hyundai Elantra

putaqela

Known Member
Aug 25, 2005
Banting, Slgr
Hi guys,
My sister is asking me to look for her, a 2nd Hyundai Elantra,although i'm not really agreed with her choice but it seems like she had made her decision for it. I had tried to tell her all those bad things that i heard about korean car (not offend to korean car's owner here ya..). So i really hope if can get a real story about hyundai elantra in terms of maintenance and sparepart and what not. Hopefully i'll learned something from here and i can share it with her just to make sure that she doesn't make a wrong decision. All info's is much appreciate.
Btw if any of you guy had or known and good condition Hyundai Elantra (2003 above - location in Penang, Kuantan or KL) for sell let me know okey. Thanks

evo5229

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
KL/Kedah/Penang
i think your sis should buy new 1....below RM90 i think...look nicer

my sis also la...always want branded car(city)..i call her to buy myvi dowan...action...haih..then my dad also listen 2 her....getting for her a city...but im so angry that my sis not good in thinkg...as my dad just bought me a waja...then only haft year my siis want my afther to buy city...yooo..where got so much money....haih.....

btw....elentra look in latest 1 look nice eith bodyits....erm since she want then ok loo..but for me dun go for second hand laa..sumore the interet so high....may be double the inereste of new car...thankss

ricky_tian

500 RPM
May 13, 2006
iF ur sister wan to get a 2nd elantra, y dun she go for a 2nd corolla? Although the Japanese make car will be older than the koreans' make... But i think Japanese car 's quality will be much better than tat...n the 2nd value is much insured!

putaqela

Known Member
Aug 25, 2005
Banting, Slgr
ricky_tian said:
iF ur sister wan to get a 2nd elantra, y dun she go for a 2nd corolla? Although the Japanese make car will be older than the koreans' make... But i think Japanese car 's quality will be much better than tat...n the 2nd value is much insured!
Actually i already told her about this option. But she's keep telling me that for now a 2nd Elantra price is selling under market value as her budget is around 40k only. That's the prblm, she want the 'style' car but budget is low... some more she said a lot's of a her friend is using Korean's car without a prblm. And the best part is she know's almost nothing about car maintenance, always been cheated by workshop...sigh..

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
elantra - not so big but not so cheap

reliability wise is ok. excitement..so-so.

image - zero.

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
Rule Numero UNo...Dont buy USed KOREAN cars...
Get a Used Japanese Car...if u want style choose continentals..like Alfas..
..and Hyundai Elantra=Style...OMG..that just says it all..
therefore: If u want a USed Car get a Japanese..or Conti's...
End of Discussion.

putaqela

Known Member
Aug 25, 2005
Banting, Slgr
si|verfish said:
Style car = Elantra??? Now that's a first.
What more to say..., for her it's like a style, what i means is some how of trying to be different from other. The prblm is she doesn't really now what she is getting into. Maybe she got 'poison' by a fews of her friend that is using that kind of car now. But most of them bought it brand new and she is thinking of second hand.... One more prblm is she is my elder sister, so i guess you all know la how's difficult to make her listen to my advice.

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
I heard the Elantra is a pretty tough car. Soundproofing also very good. Other than that, it would be fair to ask actual owners or browse Hyundai forums (check Autoworld) for their discussions. IINM there are CBU and CKD versions on the market so be wise when making the decision.

nonameNo

Mar 23, 2006
if you can wait, wait for new elantra coming out middle of 2007. is a totally new design and look nice. using 1.6 DOHC engine...

drMpower

May 1, 2006
korean cars = bad resale value = only so-so quality and power = dont buy them!

How much that elantra cost? RM40K? at that price, I think you can have other
2.0Ls - Honda Accord, Perdanas, etc.etc. google for more ( I can only think of the two at the moment..)

ps- why on earth your sister want an elantra at the first place? 2nd hand summore?

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
budget RM40K...hmm, i wud suggest to buy civic eg/ej bro.

-PuPu^ZaPruD3r-

Known Member
Mar 23, 2004
PJ, MaLaYSiA
www.geocities.com
Wah, why u guys so anti Korean cars?? :)

Hyundai Elantra got new version out in Singapore.. Called Hyundai Avante or something... Saw it in magazine.. :)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai alll just wan to know bout ur 4g93 na engine!!!

1) wat ur max speed and how bout ur 0 to 100km how fast u can hit!!!!!

just wan to know bout the monster of 4g93 out there!!!!!!

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience