hyundai sonata , how is this car

ravingill

May 29, 2006
my uncle planning to buy a 2nd hand sonata year 2003 , i need to know weather this car is good or not.

1. ride and comfort
2. fuel consumption
3. parts and maintenance cost
4. quality
5. reliability

please answer according to the point above.
thx so much appreciate ur feedback

Feb 27, 2009
Re: hyundai sonanata , how is this car

1.ride & comfort - Comfort is first class, sound proofing is better than v6, airbag and traction control equipped but slower compare to v6 ( no pick up maa). V6 can tapau easily.:driver:
2. fuel consumption - Very good :biggrin:
3. maintenance - sometime parts can be very expensive. cost only for two front foglight is rm300-400. and elcetronics box ( that control all electronic devices such as meter light, signal, interior lighting, etc) is about rm2000 :banghead:
4. Quality. Interior Nice and tidy, better than Proton. Exterior just look like a jaguar, + plus mine is CBU not the Ckd one :biggrin:
5. reliability. ok laa never had major problem since own it, just keep a regular service on time, Except for those electronic things. :thefinger:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Up Yours

hyundai's are known for very poor fc...IMOFE

nadzrifumi

Dec 2, 2008

what do you mean by electronics things? does it always break? whats ur experience? since i also getting one year 2004. pls advice me.

nadzrifumi

Dec 2, 2008

anybody knows the best workshop in klang valley for hyundai? im curious about the maintenance & spare part cost.

not sure bout wshop bro..
bout the parts, u go round2 jln ipoh area, u find spare part shop that
sells hyundai/kia parts, u buy from them then go wshop pasang & pay for workmanship only.
in the long run u save alot.

tevin1991

Feb 11, 2009
haha...
comfort sure good lar with that price...
fuel consumption still ok in its cc...
workmanship and spare part was a bit expensive due to not many this kind of cars around...
although you go to service centre, they are not as good as those like toyota, honda and so on lar...
haha...
but you can save more if you go to their service centre compare to outside workshops...
*no second hand price

Hi my friends,

Right now i'm having problem to choose between this 2 engine. I think the prices both quite similar. Please help me expertise out there.

Thank you very much....