vr4 into hyundai

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
i want to change my engine to a more powerfull one. wanted to get a mivec but my friend's foreman said cannot only vr4 can. i have a few questions.
1) how much is a vr4 and what else must i modify to install this engine besides brakes.
2)im currently using gab sport absobers, do i need to change it to a more hard one?
3)can someone give me some info bout this engine(non turbo)( like horsepower,how many slinders,carb or efi and petrol consumtion)
4)where is the best place to do it with not a heavy price tag?
5)will there be any problems with jpj?

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
if u're transplanting it into a hyundai scoupe... VR4 would be a very 'big mod' because the gearbox is on the 'other' side... so ur engine will end up terbalik...

Better choices would be post 95' Mivecs, post 95' GSRs, or EVO4 onwards... less mods and transplants like these have been done before onto an scoupe.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
oh... if its an old sonata (or wassit accent?)... the one that runs on the 4G67... then yes, u can plonk in a VR4 without much hasstle.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
yeah, 1st model sonata (after hyundai stellar) was using a 2.0 4 cylinder DOHC 16 valve from mitsubishi. juts like perdana 2.0 non V6.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
ic. i would really like a mivec but my friend's foreman said coupe model 96 onwars only can fit mivec. can anyone verify this
alvin24 said:
if u're transplanting it into a hyundai scoupe... VR4 would be a very 'big mod' because the gearbox is on the 'other' side... so ur engine will end up terbalik...

Better choices would be post 95' Mivecs, post 95' GSRs, or EVO4 onwards... less mods and transplants like these have been done before onto an scoupe.

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
wat engines cud be fitted into a getz then..?
is B16A possible without too much fuss?
....or the 1.8 litre from the hyundai coupe (the generation b4 the current v6 model)?
is this 1.8 block the same with the one on the current elantra?

rakuen

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
the hyundai scoupe came in 3 models, with 3 different engines, the first batch used the mitsubishi 4G15 engine, while the later two came with the Hyundai Alpha Engine. (pretty crappy... but still better than 4G15, haha)

so, Scoupe, if your scoupe model is using the mitsubishi 4G15, then you're in luck, the VR4 transplant will be quite straightforward. If not, then you're better off looking at other options, I've seen 4A-GEs (16 Valve) and SR-20s in scoupes before.

If your scoupe's gearbox is on the same side as the VR4 one, go for the VR4, for insane power haha. The scoupe is a surprisingly light car. If the gearbox is on the other side, and you want affordable power (something like a mivec) go for a 4A-GE.

Oh yeah, I just remembered, you might have problems registering your car if you wanna dump in a VR4 though... 1.5 > 2.0 = big headache

Good luck with your conversion bro...

rakuen

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
oh, if you're looking for a place to do it, you can try the workshop i go to, they're quite experienced in crossbreeding cars...

its in puchong, if you want, u can give me a call la, i'll bring u there... the boss is my friend, u can ask him all the questions u want then.. haha.. he's a nice guy la.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
thanks. my scoupe is the 93 model any idea which engine can go in? so how can i contact you? this weekend r u free? i really would like to go to your workshop cause i dont know where else to do tis conversion. do i have to buy the engine my self or can your worshop do it for me?
rakuen said:
oh, if you're looking for a place to do it, you can try the workshop i go to, they're quite experienced in crossbreeding cars...

its in puchong, if you want, u can give me a call la, i'll bring u there... the boss is my friend, u can ask him all the questions u want then.. haha.. he's a nice guy la.

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
scoupe,
u could try my friend's workshop which is in shah alam (kota kemuning to be exact)
no harm asking for more opinions :)
i'll be there this saturday and if u wanna come along u can reach me at 016-3150881, btw u should clear ur pm box. its full :)

rakuen

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
my friend can source a good halfcut for you... cuz before he got attached to this workshop he was in the chopshop line... nvm, i'll explain to you more when i bring you there on monday la..

cheers...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Sorry guys, off topic.
Is there any workshop that willing to convert engine for conti cars ? I want to put in a B16B into a 206 izit possible ah ? How much is B16B + complete engine wiring harness and ECU cost ?

Last edited:

rakuen

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
titanrev,

last i checked, a B16B halfcut cost somewhere in the region of $11-13k... but that was sometime ago, could be a bit cheaper now...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Walaheh!!!

8years old Nisssan AD resort also they want.

is there a market for it!!!

This morning my office AD resort got stolen in front of my factory manager's house.

What has become of security!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience