1.8T GSR single pot or VR4 twin pot brake

Agl

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Outerspace
Visit site
Hello all,

Got some questions. Currently I'm driving a wira aeroback and was thinking of upgrading my braking system. At the same time, I have a set of GSR front disc rotor with caliper drilled to PCD 114.3 at home, thinking of put it on my car (a slow 1.3 nia). Do you think it is ok?

According to my friend, he suggest me to go for vr4 twin pot, as it is better compared to the single pot. Well be honest, I know it is overkill, I mean my car is just a normal N/A and I don't think it is necessary...

So, I really some opinion from all the experts here. Anyone who has a pair of twinpot installed in their 1.3 cars?

What is the price of the vr4 twin pot (disc rotor and caliper) in the market now? If I want to sell my GSR single pot, how much I can sell? Please advise. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Agl

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Outerspace
Visit site
Yup, that's very true.

Anyway, roughly how much is the vr4 twin pot? What is the market price for a pair of GSR single pot, coz planning to sell off the GSR one and get the twin pot.

Cheers.

dracid

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
shah alam
GSR5559 said:
dude, i sold mine for RM 350 to one forummer in here. GSR single pot wif cross drilled disc, PCD 100x4. so u judge ur own price. btw market price for VR4 twin pot is RM 600 + installation + new metal king pads + cross drilled disc + moding to PCD 100x4. thats all i can say.

bro, can u give me the add of the shop?
planning to do the braking system for my waja.

thanks

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
bro dracid i dun have the address of that shop. btw its my own werkshop. so im not sure how much they will charge outsiders. it might be more than RM 600 or might be less becus Waja dun need to modify to PCD 100 as all VR4 twin pot comes with PCD 114.3 which is Waja is using the same PCD. anyway ill call my werkshop and ask for the best price den ill get back to u. anyway i think i said it wrong "market price for VR4 is RM 600" i think VR4 twin pot alone will cost around RM 450 without installation. mebi my werkshop profit alittle from me thats why i find it cheap to install twin pot. anyway will get back to u asap.
ciao

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The gist of it has been known for quite some time now but Honda have now come clean with some juicy details and interesting information regarding the Mugen CR-Z that promises to spice up the hybrid hatch.

The basic approach to the one-off project was to demonstrate that hybrids aren’t mundane means as a solution from getting from A to B, the can be heaps of fun to drive too. Honda wanted the Mugen CR-Z to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience