Opinions on triple plate clutch

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Dear skyline clubbers,

First of all, I am not talking about a cute little bag that ladies use to bring their phone and credit card to gala dinners (Pimpin).

There's this cute and shiny triple plate ogura racing clutch sitting pretty on an old car seat at my mechanic's workshop.

Does anyone here have any experience running a car with a triple plate clutch? What did you think of it?

I've had it before in my gtr33, I think that was a HKS...it was actually quite light underfoot but damn was it hard to balance.

Just FYI, my car won't be a daily driver.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Gila kuasa punya worang..

Btw, are u trying to say [PIMPIN] brings along clutch bag to dinners? :rofl:

Back to the topic at hand, I suppose u need multiple plates since ur gunning for 10000000bhp.. I've never had triplets before, only twins and IMHO it's the balancing part that sucks..

I had HKS too.. Wangan drives are okay, but sucks in traffic..

And even if u say it will be a weekend driver, during drives u will go thru traffic as well (eg. thru Batu Caves/Selayang).. Nitpicking maybe but perhaps I'm just getting old.. :biggrin:

I think I need them flappy paddles ler.. :rofl:

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Gila kuasa punya worang..

Btw, are u trying to say [PIMPIN] brings along clutch bag to dinners? :rofl:

Back to the topic at hand, I suppose u need multiple plates since ur gunning for 10000000bhp.. I've never had triplets before, only twins and IMHO it's the balancing part that sucks..

I had HKS too.. Wangan drives are okay, but sucks in traffic..

And even if u say it will be a weekend driver, during drives u will go thru traffic as well (eg. thru Batu Caves/Selayang).. Nitpicking maybe but perhaps I'm just getting old.. :biggrin:

I think I need them flappy paddles ler.. :rofl:
Bro, ur underestimating my target lor... I'm actually gunning for 10 to the power 17 bhp.... :rofl:

Jokes aside, it seems torque is the major issue that causes slipping at low to mid revs.
Clutch slip can be dangerous as the engine can overrev - major cause of rb engine failure :confused:
Plus it can be frustrating.

My engine will have just a little bit more displacement than a rb20 :listen: so probably will have a bit more torque.

Actually I couldn't detect much difference between balancing twin and triple plate...both equally suck :banghead:

I only plan to take the car out when there's hardly any traffic.... also will avoid twisty/bendy roads (pokes tongue at GTJ drives hehehe)....DUKE/KESAS/PLUS highway looks pretty good to me :burnout:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'll make it simple:

"---On 2009-07-24 00:44:00.0 You Wrote Us--- My question is this :- Meguiars Slide Lock Detail Brush - The bristle is made of ??

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Meguiars with your product question. The Slide Lock Brush used boar hair for the bristles.
Regards,
Michael Stoops
Customer Care Center | Meguiar's, Inc.
17991 Mitchell S.
Irvine, CA 92614
(800) 854-8073 xt175"

Be warned...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience