Opinions in mod R34

azrilizwan

Jan 15, 2008
Hai there..pls help me with this question, i've bought a 2nd hand R34, and yes the mileage is more than 120,000km, do you suggest for me to do port polish to the engine? and one more thing, i've bought a 2nd HKS intercooler GT type but it comes without the piping kit, now i have a problem in finding the piping kit, is it possible to custom made? is it recommended?

Innocente

Known Member
Oct 28, 2006
it's always possible to do custom piping.. but it is going to be a pain :)

fokyerdoder84

Known Member
Feb 4, 2008
johor
i got my IC piping custom made with a nice finishing jobs..price?? not realy expensive,galvanize is the cheapest but alloy is most recommended...r34 gtt or gtr??

azrilizwan

Jan 15, 2008
mine is R34, where can it be done..do you have any opinions which shops are the best??

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
no one can really say which one is the best because there's a few elements to consider like material, workmanship and pricing...it's a matter of personal preference....sunway area should be a good bet to get this job done as there are many choices of workshops

heterodyne

Known Member
Jul 2, 2007
If your car is running smooth without any problem there really isn't any point in doing a "port and polish" thing. If its leaking oil and stuff just get the seals changed etc, esp the cam seals they're cheap. If you have some moolah to throw at and wants the absolute peace of mind for your car, just do a complete overhaul+port and polish.

As for the intercooler piping you can just go to any car shop and tell them about it they can fabricate one for you but if you're running the R33/34 GTR changing the intercooler is not neccesary as it holds a good 400hp or so.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
I think it will be tough to find a GT-R that's only 400hp. :driver:

Driftmeister

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
KL
Just go to Jaafar Exhaust in Sunway, will sort out the piping with polish stainless steel piping. They probably done many R34 before, just be prepared to wait if you don't go early in the morning.

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Heard that stock gtr intercooler can flow enough for 600hp actually...I'm sure some people have actually achieved that power on a stock IC.

LOL, I actually installed a HKS GT IC a long time ago on my stock rb25det r33 gtst...didn't make much difference but the piping was definitely bling...done at Jaafar too! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
The IC set me back RM3k, installation was RM1.5k...those days I wasn't very informed :banghead:

Azril, for a 120k km rb25det, I would check complete timing belt service has been done!

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
gobiz is right, I've read that it will hold up till 600hp, which is a lot! I myself still running stock GT-R intercooler and radiator. =)

Driftmeister

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
KL
I previously had the HKS IC, but the fins seems to be very soft and brittle easily especially during car wash spray jet and if you don't have a protective net in the front. Gotta blame all the wangan blast kaki spraying stones (from their diffuser & sticky tyres) whenever they're in front.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, to all Sifu. i faced this problems since yesterday. the ABS and the Handbrake lights constant illuminated since yesterday. Since today is a Deepavali Public Holiday, so, i plan to send my car to Toyota SC for checking because my car is still under warranty. i also went to other workshop today to check and see whether my car chassis or brake part got problems or not. but the boss told me that my car everything goes well and seem like nothing happen to my car. we also tried to reset the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience