Opinions for an A32 cefiro 2.0 97

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Guys,

i'm planning on changing my current car. I'm considering the A32 2.0.

The only good post was dated back from 95. And fuel price was low then.

Wondering how's the fuel consumption (hopefully 16-18 sen per kilometre), HP, torque and maintenance?

Currently i see a lot of positive reviews on the car....

My driving style is that i like good torques for pickups and overtaking. Also, i like good cornering cars. I don't drive fast but according to the speed limit. i don't zig zag in traffic much (or at all) So is this the car for me?

regards,

IketaniX

Known Member
Dec 8, 2008
JB
Cefiro A32 2.0 can said to b underpower in low rpm...
bt still it's quite a good car...

pickup for the car is slightly slow due to 2.0 for such a fat car...
overtaking is good once u reach 3k above as V6 is inside...
cornering u will expect quite a body roll (bt stable) unless u do sth to the suspension or bars...

used to drive around wif my dad's A32 when i havnt get a car for my own...
hope this will help...:biggrin:

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Thanks...

How about the maintenance? The spark plug, the timing belt, the absorbers, wear and tear parts...

Anyother driving experiences?

How 'slow' is the pickup? I'm not expecting a nissan fairlady fast but hopefully not a campro slow...

Bump: i'm not expecting the a32 to be something like the a31 with and rb20det....

Last edited:

IketaniX

Known Member
Dec 8, 2008
JB
Thanks...

How about the maintenance? The spark plug, the timing belt, the absorbers, wear and tear parts...

Anyother driving experiences?

How 'slow' is the pickup? I'm not expecting a nissan fairlady fast but hopefully not a campro slow...

Bump: i'm not expecting the a32 to be something like the a31 with and rb20det....
the maintenance i nt sure as it's my dad's car...
he always send to TCEAS for servicing...
the car is using timing chain,
so no need to keep changing like timing belt...
u can expect some tear n wear since it's 97 car...
absorber, alternator n so on...

when i corner it high speed,
can hear rear tyres are screaming...
90 degree on 50 i think...
highway cruising is real good as engine is nice n power is good...

if u pick up from stop still,
there will hav 1 second lag as low rpm nt enough for ceffy...

sr18autech

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
A very good highway cruising car. Underpowered or not, dont argue so much coz its a damn good comfort car. If really going for more power, swap a 3.0 V6 into it, is plug n play from Japan Cefiro Autech version :biggrin:

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
3.0? no thanks....

Gas Guzzler.........

2.0 should suffice for my comfort.

regards,

Bump: btw, can indicate to me the prices...

Eg. How much is the suspension, alternator, timeing chain etc......

Last edited:

IketaniX

Known Member
Dec 8, 2008
JB
3.0? no thanks....

Gas Guzzler.........

regards,

i din notice the price for all tat as nt me to do the servicing...
mayb the members of cefry club in ZTH can help u wif this...
u can consider 2.5 instead of 3.0 too...

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
3.0? no thanks....

Gas Guzzler.........

regards,

suspension - chop shop around 100/pc,

normall service - oil filter below 20/pc, air filter dunno as i using k&n(can wash), iridium plug 6pc rm210(bought last yr), oil(up to u), service charge rm12.... *under big tree price

timing chain - not sure... mine still 80k

altenator - should be not so expensive(chop shop)

*nood question, does alternator related with battery size? mine was ns70.

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
Bump:
suspension - chop shop around 100/pc,

normall service - oil filter below 20/pc, air filter dunno as i using k&n(can wash), iridium plug 6pc rm210(bought last yr), oil(up to u), service charge rm12.... *under big tree price

timing chain - not sure... mine still 80k

altenator - should be not so expensive(chop shop)

*nood question, does alternator related with battery size? mine was ns70.
timing chain should be life time right, correct me if i wrong. mine oredi clock 212k km still very good condition.

for normally cruise driving, cefiro is a good & comfort car. maintenance wise if everything is ok wont cost much.

sparepart wise, there is a lot at chop chop shop if u are dont mind.

alternator will link to battery size ? personally i think will not link to battery size coz alternator purposed is to charge & ur battery is to temporary stored & recharge. is depending how fast ur battery will charge & how long is ur battery reserved capacity will last if ur alternator spoilt halfway journey.** do correct if wrong.

alternator Current demand and flow:
If you have an alternator that can produce 120 amps of current (max) and the the total current demand from the electrical accessories (including the battery) is only 20 amps, the alternator will only produce the necessary current (20 amps) to maintain the target voltage (which is determined by the alternator's internal voltage regulator). Remember that the alternator monitors the electrical system's voltage. If the voltage starts to fall below the target voltage (approximately 13.8 volts depending on the alternator's design), the alternator produces more current to keep the voltage up. When the demand for current is low, the full current capacity of the alternator is not used/produced (a 120 amp alternator does not continuously produce 120 amps unless there is a sufficient current draw).

if ur car had Dimming lights:
When you play your system at very high volumes and the lights on your vehicle dim slightly, it generally means that your alternator can not supply enough current for all of your electrical accessories (including your amplifiers). If you play a long bass note/tone and the lights get dim and stay dim until the note is over, your alternator clearly can not keep up with the current demand. If, on a long bass note, the lights dim just for a fraction of a second but return to their original brightness while the note/tone is still playing, the alternator's regulator may just be a little slow in reacting to the voltage drop. Since the lights return to their original brightness during the bass note, the alternator is able to supply the current needed by your power your amplifiers and other electrical accessories.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning!

Some people tell you that you can check your alternator by disconnecting it from the battery to see if the alternator can produce enough current to keep the engine running. BAD IDEA! Disconnecting the battery will subject the voltage regulator (and computer and audio equipment...) to significant voltage spikes which may cause an otherwise good alternator to fail. Even if there were no damaging spikes, this test would not indicate whether or not the alternator was good because the engine will easily run with a weak or failing alternator.

Simple Test:
If you want to see if your alternator is producing current, turn on your headlights when you're parked and the engine idling with the headlights shining on a wall (at night). Notice how bright they are. Then turn the engine off. The lights should get dimmer when you turn the engine off. If the lights get brighter when you kill the engine, the alternator was not charging sufficiently. When doing this test, the lights should be the only load (turn the stereo, a/c and other accessories off). With a heavy load, an otherwise good alternator may not be able to produce sufficient amounts of current at idle.

Last edited:

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Bump:

timing chain should be life time right, correct me if i wrong. mine oredi clock 212k km still very good condition.

for normally cruise driving, cefiro is a good & comfort car. maintenance wise if everything is ok wont cost much.

sparepart wise, there is a lot at chop chop shop if u are dont mind.

alternator will link to battery size ? personally i think will not link to battery size coz alternator purposed is to charge & ur battery is to temporary stored & recharge. is depending how fast ur battery will charge & how long is ur battery reserved capacity will last if ur alternator spoilt halfway journey.** do correct if wrong.

alternator Current demand and flow:
If you have an alternator that can produce 120 amps of current (max) and the the total current demand from the electrical accessories (including the battery) is only 20 amps, the alternator will only produce the necessary current (20 amps) to maintain the target voltage (which is determined by the alternator's internal voltage regulator). Remember that the alternator monitors the electrical system's voltage. If the voltage starts to fall below the target voltage (approximately 13.8 volts depending on the alternator's design), the alternator produces more current to keep the voltage up. When the demand for current is low, the full current capacity of the alternator is not used/produced (a 120 amp alternator does not continuously produce 120 amps unless there is a sufficient current draw).

if ur car had Dimming lights:
When you play your system at very high volumes and the lights on your vehicle dim slightly, it generally means that your alternator can not supply enough current for all of your electrical accessories (including your amplifiers). If you play a long bass note/tone and the lights get dim and stay dim until the note is over, your alternator clearly can not keep up with the current demand. If, on a long bass note, the lights dim just for a fraction of a second but return to their original brightness while the note/tone is still playing, the alternator's regulator may just be a little slow in reacting to the voltage drop. Since the lights return to their original brightness during the bass note, the alternator is able to supply the current needed by your power your amplifiers and other electrical accessories.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning!

Some people tell you that you can check your alternator by disconnecting it from the battery to see if the alternator can produce enough current to keep the engine running. BAD IDEA! Disconnecting the battery will subject the voltage regulator (and computer and audio equipment...) to significant voltage spikes which may cause an otherwise good alternator to fail. Even if there were no damaging spikes, this test would not indicate whether or not the alternator was good because the engine will easily run with a weak or failing alternator.

Simple Test:
If you want to see if your alternator is producing current, turn on your headlights when you're parked and the engine idling with the headlights shining on a wall (at night). Notice how bright they are. Then turn the engine off. The lights should get dimmer when you turn the engine off. If the lights get brighter when you kill the engine, the alternator was not charging sufficiently. When doing this test, the lights should be the only load (turn the stereo, a/c and other accessories off). With a heavy load, an otherwise good alternator may not be able to produce sufficient amounts of current at idle.
how to know alternater can output how much amp?

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
how to know alternater can output how much amp?
firstly u can check using AMP clamp meter that ppl are using for electrical purposed, normally workshop won't carry this stuff due to very x-pensive. only factory carried this stuff.

2ndly our cefiro altenator max output is 110 amp & some others brand like hitachi is 125 amp for cefiro.

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
firstly u can check using AMP clamp meter that ppl are using for electrical purposed, normally workshop won't carry this stuff due to very x-pensive. only factory carried this stuff.

2ndly our cefiro altenator max output is 110 amp & some others brand like hitachi is 125 amp for cefiro.
tap to battery?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

I've got a problem with the front drive shaft (left side).

1) Anyone know why there's a some sort of an oil leak at the front drive shaft?
2) Can be repaired or need the replace the shaft?
3) Dangerous to continue driving?
4) What happens if the condition is being left as it is?

Some pictures below. Thanks.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience