Opinion on Different Standalone ECUs.

bernardyeo

Known Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hi guys,
I'm thinking as a future upgrade I would want to get a standalone ECU. My friend has been poisoning me with VPro even before I got my car, so I need feedback and recommendation from you guys on VPro, Ralliart ECU for Evo 6 and :shocked: Motec.

About the Ralliart ECU, anyone here used it before? I read somewhere this ECU requires high octane petrol. Is our local petrol sufficient? If not, what will happen?

Some info: My car is stock, and I drive it everyday.

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
octane not high enuff = harder to derive power as compared to 100 octane....

mobilo

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Klang Valley
Visit site
Ralliart ECU is not programmable, and it was pretuned to Japanese standard octane of 100 RON. However, it is safe enough for our 97 RON for sure. Don't worry, it will run fine on your car.

gesto

Known Member
Feb 26, 2006
try haltech or autronic. both are quality ecu from australia. off course if you got the budget go for the ultimate MOTEC system. is the best but very costly. this are all programmable ECU. you can add in the antilag (misfiring system) and launch control. you will have fun with it.

bernardyeo

Known Member
Apr 4, 2007
What kind of performance improvements can I get if the ECU is tuned properly? What other related hardware do I need to support the new ECU (if any)? :)

cannondale>

1,500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
kepong
i think u can get around 30hp extra by adding a standalone ecu. if yur car is standard.

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
depending on tuner....aftermarket ecu dat need TUNNING....some may get u 30 easily some....50-80......all depending....also main factor depending on your engine n turbo condition....the knock factor, a/f ratio, boost level,....

bernardyeo

Known Member
Apr 4, 2007
So in your opinion, which should I get first? ECU or other mods?

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
usually with ecu.....bare minimal u should have is some fuel regulator, fuel pump n boost controller........cams or no cams....dats kinda optional....as for turbo or engine internals upgrade...those r considered another stage lor......always consult your mechanic the best ;)

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
Hi Bernard,
Just my opinion, if u prefer to maintain ur engine stock so can easily drive daily.. it is a waste if u going for standalone type ecu ie haltech,microtech etc.
if u need just around +50hp, u just need something like 'sub-ecu' type ie safc,e-manage etc. save money and achieve ur objective.

bernardyeo

Known Member
Apr 4, 2007
Thanks for all your feedback guys. About the cost of getting an ECU, I saw the Ralliart ECU for Evo6 on sale in MEOC's website. It's an old post so I don't know if it's still available. The asking price was RM1800, similar to a piggyback system.

One more question about this Ralliart ECU. How's the fuel consumption if I'm not racing? I know there's A/F and ignition timing optimisation, just that does it optimise for good fuel economy during normal driving as well?
Mitsubishi Evolution Owners Club (MEOC) :: View topic - ralliart ecu for evo 6

mobilo

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Klang Valley
Visit site
Ralliart ECU should be used together with exhaust mod, boost controller and filter upgrade to maximize effect. If you want fuel economy, then forget about any mods and keep it stock.

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
Firstly......what mod u have and list down, then ppl can give you advise. What is you're goal? Street driving?
You can get a SAFC to get a better FC with good tuning but again.......this device does not override speed cut...and there are more things.....:burnout:
Fuel comsumption does not relate if you racing or not, how heavy your right foot is and how high you boosting.
Go for TT and get some info from the bosses there..............thats what tt is all about i guess............share and care

chriskhaw

500 RPM
Dec 6, 2006
His aim is to beat any STI on the roads...Hahhahaha...Good meeting you bernard.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys actually i find a body kit material for making a body kit right now!! :)

the material is like this:

1.CARBON MAT ( MAKING THE BODY KIT )

2.RUBBER RESIN (MAKING P.U BODY KIT)

anywho in know tat,pls helping me to find this thing in a cheap prize!! ;)

pls call me if u find the thing RAVEN 016-2851659

PLS HELP!! :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience