Open Pod Air Filter

pot

Oct 7, 2004
Hi guys...

I'm currently using 4G91 with stock air filter..thinking of changing/upgrading to
open pod air filter....what is the advantage/disadvantage of using it...and the cost
for the complete open pod system..

Thanks....

Last edited by a moderator:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
advantage
- feels smoother revs at high rpm
- achieve higher horsepower at max rpm

disadvantage
- sluggish at low speed
- low end torque might lost a little

price
- varies according to different brand

pot

Oct 7, 2004
Bro Skywalker...

Thanks for the info...

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
when u do open pod make sure u get cool intake... it make diff alot...
add heat shield too. If not u better keep it stock, with Malaysia hot temperature you will lost more than you gain.

pot

Oct 7, 2004
jeffayn & evoX2...thanks for the info...

if I still plan to use the open pod...so I need to use the CAI just like Skywalker sell..then I've to put the heat shield..

what if I just stick to the stock air filter and buy the K&N drop in instead of open pod...

the K&N drop in good or not ??

thanks again..

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
if you plan turbo charge, you must mod,

or else, drop in more than enuff lio lor....:rofl:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
jeffayn & evoX2...thanks for the info...

if I still plan to use the open pod...so I need to use the CAI just like Skywalker sell..then I've to put the heat shield..

what if I just stick to the stock air filter and buy the K&N drop in instead of open pod...

the K&N drop in good or not ??

thanks again..
drop in is good for city drive... but spirited drive is abit less enthusiastic compare to open port... it doesnt give u the open port roar sound.... high rpm feels a little bit restricted compare to open port.....

both filter element is the same.... what makes the difference is ur oem airbox... by using open port air filter, u dont need ur airbox... air flowing to ur filter will not be restricted....
as in drop in filter, u still use ur oem airbox... air flow is restricted by the size and shape of ur airbox air inlet....

there are more creative methods modifying ur airbox... drilling extra holes to compensate the need of high flow at high rpm... yet u still enjoy the cheaper drop-in air filter and oem cai intake that comes with ur car....

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
you risk frying your valve/piston for air/fuel ratio will definitely went extreme lean on high rev. hoho~ experience it first hand on my BT T_T...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
you risk frying your valve/piston for air/fuel ratio will definitely went extreme lean on high rev. hoho~ experience it first hand on my BT T_T...
drill holes on airbox before all ur sensors... even before ur air filter.... not drill holes after ur maf sensor or after ur throttle body....

imperialrealcs

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
drill holes on airbox before all ur sensors... even before ur air filter.... not drill holes after ur maf sensor or after ur throttle body....
but the engine will get real dirty quick? indirectly harming the engine since it was not filtered?
what about auto with open pod?

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
drop in is good for city drive... but spirited drive is abit less enthusiastic compare to open port... it doesnt give u the open port roar sound.... high rpm feels a little bit restricted compare to open port.....

both filter element is the same.... what makes the difference is ur oem airbox... by using open port air filter, u dont need ur airbox... air flowing to ur filter will not be restricted....
as in drop in filter, u still use ur oem airbox... air flow is restricted by the size and shape of ur airbox air inlet....

there are more creative methods modifying ur airbox... drilling extra holes to compensate the need of high flow at high rpm... yet u still enjoy the cheaper drop-in air filter and oem cai intake that comes with ur car....
"there are more creative methods modifying ur airbox... drilling extra holes to compensate the need of high flow at high rpm... yet u still enjoy the cheaper drop-in air filter and oem cai intake that comes with ur car....[/QUOTE]"

http://www.psmdiesel.com/downloads/03-04 w fog lights Installation Instructions.pdf << Is this the one to modify the air box

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all ZTH member !!!!

i just got a perdana V6 I need some advise for you all how 2 modified it. just give in a idea tht alll

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience