One side tyre wear problem

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Make sure the two front tyres are of same make and size. It can differ from the rears but fronts have to be the same, and the rears also have to be the same. This is because different make and size, you will have different traction levels and that can be dangerous...

Threadwear 300 actually quite high already unless you want those tough wearing China tyres with 400 right up to 600 figures.....hhahahha
Not china level la. Those have long tyre life but I might not live long enough to utilise their long life... If using their tyres... But I use to have normal passenger tyres such as Falken with 360 - 400 treadwear.

If you read his postings, because of fast tyre wear he want to change to cheaper tyres......hhahahahha:rofl:
Looks like bro Veloc just used the tyres in WRC events....

On the bright side, this is a good time (and excuse) to change to better tyres....
I just cannot afford to keep replacing good tyres at this rate of wear. And bear in mind, it's only this one particular tyre. Rear is fine. Driver side is fine. Even if I rotate them, at this rate, the front passenger tyre will wear it all off in one year's time

We dont have to travel fast to pus stress on the tire on a roundabout.
just imagine the force that the outer tyre have to take as the weight transfer to that side.not jist the weoght of the car but the momentum also.
your prada is not like my xm2 which is made to last long.

my late firend was using prada but his car got super even wear.its bevause hos route involve no roundabout and hard corner.
Yes bro... My area has roundabouts but not to the point where it can create such wear on one tyre. In fact, my driver side absorber leaked first. So I guess the right and left turns in my area is sort of balanced. I would say maybe 60% roundabouts and right turns; and 40% left turns? Yeah....

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Veloc, can you clean the tyre and retake the pic? It's a bit hard to really see the wear on the tyres. Is the rear passenger side the same or is the rear even wear on both sides? What suspension you using? Perhaps passenger side absorber stiffer than driver? I dunno. I'm simply suggesting things.

On a lighter side : Told you drive slower. Understeer so much until tyre botak! :biggrin:
Looks like bro Veloc just used the tyres in WRC events....

On the bright side, this is a good time (and excuse) to change to better tyres....
Sorry lah bros.... I just happen to be in the workshop so I took a picture of the tyre. There was a bit of gravel at the entrance.. But I guess you get the idea....

Izso.... Lol I drive very slow in town la... Petrol price not cheap now. Only you always think I trash around :biggrin:. Come see the roads in sabah. Nothing like what you guys have there. Very poor condition make me no mood to drive fast. I am more biased to comfort and silence now. Ageing...... Also, regarding my previous post, I think I am going to add one more midbox to compensate for the decat. Hopefully can reduce the bassy drone during cruising. I know its a stupid thing to do. But the exhaust shop last time removed it for me. It is impossible to buy another one because cat cons are so expensive. I hope no one follows this example of a silly irresponsible environmentally destructive citizen.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Falken ZE-912 is rated 360 but still some say fast wear woh!

If you have 60% roundabout then that is probably why your front left tyre wear faster.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if the roundabout the possible culprit to the prob, then swap the rear to front. After that, drive slower than usual, for a couple of weeks.....and see it the wear pattern persist or not.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if the roundabout the possible culprit to the prob, then swap the rear to front. After that, drive slower than usual, for a couple of weeks.....and see it the wear pattern persist or not.
Bro., he did mention after swap that left tyre will wear faster. The good thing if swap then both tyres gets to wear same rate, if don't swap, left tyre finish first. If you google, left tyre wear faster, you will see got many people having this problem.... I don't have the problem because I never wear until my tyres bald. Worse case is even before reaching TWI.....

tth tyre

500 RPM
Jun 5, 2007
Puchong
Drive safely are more important...

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
My friend had a similar problem, due to previous owner met with an accident, caused chassis to not be aligned. Sent to bodyshop, re allign the chasis and never had issues

Or the tyre shop your going to might have be using tools which are not accurate or not calibrated properly, try another shop

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
What about brake balance? Ride height same between left n right? Have u changed to new absorber top mounting only on one side before?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i like parada tyre...quite grippy but soft sidewall...good for comfort driving with rare spirited driving..just complain about the noise... :biggrin:

btw...that sure confirm camber problem..need more kangkang....

last time while im using parada......right tyre camber -2. and left camber -1.5 (right more than left because compensate more to highway exit ramp)...
your case more like roundabout too many in your place...so set left camber more than right,.....that should be solving your problem right away.....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
What about brake balance? Ride height same between left n right? Have u changed to new absorber top mounting only on one side before?
Changed both moutings....

i like parada tyre...quite grippy but soft sidewall...good for comfort driving with rare spirited driving..just complain about the noise... :biggrin:

btw...that sure confirm camber problem..need more kangkang....

last time while im using parada......right tyre camber -2. and left camber -1.5 (right more than left because compensate more to highway exit ramp)...
your case more like roundabout too many in your place...so set left camber more than right,.....that should be solving your problem right away.....
Bro that is a very good suggestion. I will keep that in mind! Thanks! This might just compensate for the roads around my area.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro that is a very good suggestion. I will keep that in mind! Thanks! This might just compensate for the roads around my area.
But by the looks of your tyres, inside and outside even wear woh! Play with camber if your tyres wear either more on inside or outside....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

all sifu,
anyone try to put vtec b18c into their proton and can pass inspection by going undertable a?
cause my fren car evo turbo engine spoiled..So thinking to do vtec.

---------- Post added 04-09-2011 at 01:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 04-08-2011 at 08:56 PM ----------

Nobody done this be4?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience