Old School Cars Discussion

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I don't know about Russian videos. Mostly I look for Japanese ones. Particularly Wasabicars if you have heard of it before.
yes wasabi cars is good but his videos is more like just a general overview. Those russian guys actually review JDM cars in detail and talk about the technical aspects , which is mostly lacking in english videos. The russians are also very good at modding cars by themselves.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
yes wasabi cars is good but his videos is more like just a general overview. Those russian guys actually review JDM cars in detail and talk about the technical aspects , which is mostly lacking in english videos. The russians are also very good at modding cars by themselves.
I go to wasabi cars to learn more about these old cars and see how people generally mod/restore these cars. I really like it when some of them try to keep their cars as stock as possible which makes it so valuable when they get old. I'm trying to follow that style with my car.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I go to wasabi cars to learn more about these old cars and see how people generally mod/restore these cars. I really like it when some of them try to keep their cars as stock as possible which makes it so valuable when they get old. I'm trying to follow that style with my car.
You already install extractor.....lol:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
You already install extractor.....lol:driver:
Exhaust mod is pretty common among old school fellas it seems. Saw a lot of these cars also mod exhaust but mostly muffler.

But if I want, can install back stock because I took it back. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
finally found evo3 on road legally after joining all sort of fb group. price range is around 30-40k :idea:

20k or so is from thailand which can be road legal in MY.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
finally found evo3 on road legally after joining all sort of fb group. price range is around 30-40k :idea:

How to register car from thailand ? I know on FB there is a guy who created a group kereta murah dari Siam but he is a fraud. AFAIK registering a car from thailand or japan must follow same procedures like AP and MITI paperwork.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

I don't think think 30-40k is a real CE9A chassis Evo 3. Most of these are selling over 50k. Even GC8 Impreza WRX STI can hardly be found under 40k and that car is way less popular than Evo 3. 30-40k is probably a converted Lancer into Evo?

Anyway, a photo of the engine bay showing the strut tower area is enough to tell whether is it a real Evo or not. Peterj is an owner of an original CD9A Evo 1 and he posted photos of how Evo chassis is different in terms of welding and from that, an Evo can easily be spotted without even referring to chassis VIN number.

How to register car from thailand ? I know on FB there is a guy who created a group kereta murah dari Siam but he is a fraud. AFAIK registering a car from thailand or japan must follow same procedures like AP and MITI paperwork.
I've seen that page before. Cars like R35 are selling as low as RM30-RM40k and yet they say is legal with Thailand plate and Thailand insurance.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I don't think think 30-40k is a real CE9A chassis Evo 3. Most of these are selling over 50k. Even GC8 Impreza WRX STI can hardly be found under 40k and that car is way less popular than Evo 3. 30-40k is probably a converted Lancer into Evo?

Anyway, a photo of the engine bay showing the strut tower area is enough to tell whether is it a real Evo or not. Peterj is an owner of an original CD9A Evo 1 and he posted photos of how Evo chassis is different in terms of welding and from that, an Evo can easily be spotted without even referring to chassis VIN number.

those ad i saw is from the owner himself. Might make sense since due to current economic situation. yup gc8 sti saw around 50k. The only reason im looking for the evo3 is to have awd + reuse my engine + manual raw performance:nurse:. hahaha.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, need AP if CBU import, unless half cut......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First there were 30 female participants who entered into this competition on the 24th of April 2012 at Tropicana City Mall; and until last weekend, there were only 12 left who had their focus locked and loaded to have the chance to represent Malaysia as one of the GT Queens for the 2013 Super GT Race season in Japan. Alas, the weekend has come and gone and so has their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience