Old School Cars Discussion

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
The FTO looks the best over there. Spare parts should be easier to get compared to the other two.

You check the plugs yourself?
that fto is quite nicely setup, it looks pretty good as it is, got the nice facelift bumper and the ver-r wing, more rare and the expensive bits all there.

yeah... checked em myself.... frankly, its a job i never want to tackle ever again......
its cramp, and so many parts had to be removed just to access the rear bank. stabilizer bar, battery, whole intake system.... the manifold was the worst.... need to remove sensors, throttle body (and its coolant tubing), some random vacuum lines..... ppl who designed put 0 effort into maintanance/accessibility.:thefinger:

maybe cause im scrawny and it was my 1st time doing it, the rear bank alone took about 6-7 hours....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
that fto is quite nicely setup, it looks pretty good as it is, got the nice facelift bumper and the ver-r wing, more rare and the expensive bits all there.

yeah... checked em myself.... frankly, its a job i never want to tackle ever again......
its cramp, and so many parts had to be removed just to access the rear bank. stabilizer bar, battery, whole intake system.... the manifold was the worst.... need to remove sensors, throttle body (and its coolant tubing), some random vacuum lines..... ppl who designed put 0 effort into maintanance/accessibility.:thefinger:

maybe cause im scrawny and it was my 1st time doing it, the rear bank alone took about 6-7 hours....
If the car is also good mechanically, then it will be quite a good deal.

V6 maintenance is a headache indeed especially for someone that is not a mechanic. But your hands on skill seems quite good to be able to remove so many things by yourself.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur

V6 maintenance is a headache indeed especially for someone that is not a mechanic. But your hands on skill seems quite good to be able to remove so many things by yourself.
Its V6 and FWD, thats why so much hassle.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

For the amount of work, some don't really like to work on a V6......lol:biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

hoho 7 hours yo!!! removing it oklah. but the more you remove, the more you curse.... you cannot help but ask... why... why did they design certain things in certain ways.... tools nak masuk access the bolts pun susah :hmmmm2:

need to work out sikit.... half way through, no strength to squeeze the metal collars on the metal clips :s:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Its V6 and FWD, thats why so much hassle.
And it is also a transversely mounted V6. Crank and pulley area facing side of the car.

For the amount of work, some don't really like to work on a V6......lol:biggrin:
That is why workmanship cost for V6 is high. :biggrin:

hoho 7 hours yo!!! removing it oklah. but the more you remove, the more you curse.... you cannot help but ask... why... why did they design certain things in certain ways.... tools nak masuk access the bolts pun susah :hmmmm2:

need to work out sikit.... half way through, no strength to squeeze the metal collars on the metal clips :s:
Sorry man, forgot to reply this thread although I'm the TS. :biggrin:

You did it for 7 hours at home? Your family din't ask you anything about it? :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
worry you kena kidnap ?....:burnout:
I think not. They might be happier if I am kidnapped since I keep talking about cars at home and irritates them. :rofl:

They normally tell me to come back into the house. Why stay outside and sweat since it is so hot.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
And it is also a transversely mounted V6. Crank and pulley area facing side of the car.

That is why workmanship cost for V6 is high. :biggrin:

Sorry man, forgot to reply this thread although I'm the TS. :biggrin:

You did it for 7 hours at home? Your family din't ask you anything about it? :rofl:
ah hahaha... they come and check on me je.....

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
By the way, do you guys check out old school car videos at youtube?
Of course, especially when I am interested in certain models. One unfortunate thing is the russians make some very good informative videos about 80s and 90s JDM cars but its all in russian language.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Of course, especially when I am interested in certain models. One unfortunate thing is the russians make some very good informative videos about 80s and 90s JDM cars but its all in russian language.
I don't know about Russian videos. Mostly I look for Japanese ones. Particularly Wasabicars if you have heard of it before.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Meet the Jaguar F-Pace. A new contender and yet another contributing proof, indicating the immense market needs for more SUVs. Nevertheless, the F-Pace combines what’s good from Jaguar and the key features wanted in the market nowadays.

Sitting in the same league as the Porsche Macan, Audi Q5 and Mercedes GLC, the Jaguar F-Pace boasts a sleeker design; taking cues from its full-size sedan sibling, the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience