Nissan Cefiro A31 RB20Det can beat VTEC B18C or not? Top Speed?Bhp?

alextylim

Known Member
Jan 7, 2006
Hey, Anyone know d Top speed of this engine, i means didn't moded very much?

it's this engine have 190bhp only? 0-100km/h?

Thanks.

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
as far as i noe,
this engine delivers approximately 200hps...
eventhough its a turbo, but still the engine is quite heavy, different frm those rb25's n 26's, n becouse its carrying a huge body, i reckoned it can beat those 16b's, 18c's n even the 20a's....
another thing is, the rb20det is a 6 cylinder engine n if u compare to a 4 cylinder, those vtec's are more efficient during pick-up's...
but a mild moded rb20's shouldnt b a problem to eat those vtec's...

Gandalf

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
Last time I was in an impromptu/friends only sprint from Awan Besar Caltex to SS2 mamak near BP station there.

One EG6 B16A
One Cefiro A31 RB20DET (Ciplak cos mix n match with RB25 parts plus bigger turbo n intercooler)
One Satria GSR Mivec Turbo with lorry i/c
One Wira sedan 4G92 (Mivec 1.6, correct me if I'm wrong)
Two AE92 4AGZE (one of which was me)

By the time reach the mamak, in order of placing

1) Civic
2) Cefiro
3) Corolla (Me)
4) Corolla
5) Mivec

The order was pretty much determined about 500 metres from the petrol station with the Corollas leading for the 1st 200 metres then being overtaken by the civic followed by cefiro. The Mivec was tailing the bunch. The Satria? Blew his engine around Western Digital.

Not picking on anyone or car, you figure out yourself la. :shades_smile:

jeffblazed

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
just imagine if you can overtake the bmw e36 m3 and maintain pole position with the cefiro from 80kmh to 260++kmh using rb20det modified with rojak cap ayam parts (cheap stuff) but brand new clutch....

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
i think b18cR will win coz the engine is more lighter and so the car... A31 is too heavy la... but if after modd i think different la.. like bigger turbo and intercooler and so on.. i tried my fren's EG6 convert to b18cR top speed can touch 250km/h.. A31 i donno o... correct me if i m wrong..:shades_smile:

alextylim

Known Member
Jan 7, 2006
BLaCkHoWLiNG said:
y compare the two? different characteristics

Reply To BLaCkHoWLiNG,

I just curious and want to know whether in h/way which one is more stable and powerful. Moreover, that Nissan cefiro 'potong' me "Gau Gau" before in h/way, although my car reached 110mph already. Furthermore, i plan to buy A31 to make standard modificaton.:shades_smile: :shocked: :shades_smile:

scooby_doo

Jan 9, 2006
hmmm... u're comparing a car against a phamtom car with vtec b18cr? what car is using that engine? EF? EG? ITR? different outcomes wan u know..

i only know i got burried in a coffin fully nailed, 6ft underground from an evo wira against my scooby...

so.. compare car against car.... not car against engine... worst way of comparing things.

alextylim

Known Member
Jan 7, 2006
scooby_doo said:
hmmm... u're comparing a car against a phamtom car with vtec b18cr? what car is using that engine? EF? EG? ITR? different outcomes wan u know..

i only know i got burried in a coffin fully nailed, 6ft underground from an evo wira against my scooby...

so.. compare car against car.... not car against engine... worst way of comparing things.

Reply To scooby_doo,

Ya, u r right. i should mention it early but i just want to know which engine is more powerful in general speaking.So, we dun care about what series of Honda car put inside, may be EG6. That is welcome.:retarded: :retarded: :retarded:

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
scooby_doo said:

DEAR MR SCOOBY...:regular_smile:
that answers ur Q's in another thread abt comparing an e7 with ur car...hehe:cyclops: :cyclops:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone selling those start/stop button ala pivot start button ?
i remember someone taht carries such button around 40-50 bucks ... EL lighted .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience