Next-gen Infiniti G37 to break away from sister 370Z with shooting brake design

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

While the next generation Infiniti G37 coupe will highly likely retain its technical similarities to its sister model, the Nissan 370Z, visually it will be putting some room between its other half to distinctively separate the two.

Sketches of the new G37 coupe give it a more aggressive silhouette with sweeping lines that are almost skin to a shooting brake design. Looks like it's shooting brake season, following the production green light for the Mercedes-Benz CLS Shooting Brake as well. This separation of destination from the coupe 370Z will allow the G37 coupe to offer more rear luggage space, increasing its appeal to the target market of the slightly higher up lifestyle.

Furthermore, while the basic technical architecture will remain the same, such as the 3.7-liter V6 engine and six-speed manual or seven-speed auto gearbox, the G37 coupe could see the addition of all-wheel steering and all-wheel drive under its skin.

There’s even talk o carrying over the hybrid powertrain from the M35 hybrid to be fitted to the G37, thus broadening its appeal even more.

All is good and well though if those changes are made for the G37 coupe, so long as they don’t tinker too much with its sister 370Z.

Source: Auto Motor und Sport

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
shooting brake here...shooting brake there....

everyone loves the term nowadays...it makes (mediocre) ppl wonder "wtf this shooting-brake actually is?" then some mr-know-it-all will explain it like-they-know-it-for-so-long... to be frank i also knew it few days ago...i am mediocre..

anyway..(yawn).....goodnite everyone...zzzZZZ....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I need some suggestion or advice if i want to add on turbo kit for my Silvertop engine (4AGE-20V)!!! Please anybody have x;perience for this engine ... please tell me how much cost and what brand of turbo kit to use and other stuff....thank you.:shocked:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience