Infiniti has started production of the new Q60 sports coupe at its manufacturing facility in Tochigi, Japan. Producing Infiniti vehicle since 1989, the Tochigi plant marks a major milestone with the kick-off of Q60 production.
The plant took a series of upgrades to the production line, featuring cutting-edge manufacturing processes to meet requirements of the new model.
Advanced production lines
- Improved stamping and assembly lines - capable of producing complex and unique design shapes. Hybrid combination of a resin skin on a steel frame for Q60's trunk lid can be realized.
- New lighting, camera and video system - precisely managing quality control.
- Dedicated paint booth - to make for the Q60's new "Dynamic Sandstone Red" which requires new painting setup, machinery precision and manual attention from Infiniti's coating experts.
Takumi and Kaizen
- Takumi (master craftsmen) - only 216 picked from the plant's 4,500 workforce, possess high level of technical knowledge as well as deep understanding to the brand's core values.
- Kaizen - continuous improvement, Takumi undergoing intensive training to obtain new techniques and skills.
- Meister Takumi - an additional 6 Miester Takumi are specially selected to ensure the manufacturing process and its products meet the requirement, parallel to Infiniti's unique mixture of attributes.