NewBie Needs Sub Help

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Craazy

I'm looking to get a a 15' sub for either my Kenari or Satria.

I need some help regarding these issues though.

1. Budget no much than RM450-500. How much do enclosures cost anyway?
2. Sub has to be balanced. My music choices include radio, rap and trance.
3. I'm only looking for 15".

Now I need a brand or model that fits my description. Are there any major issues that suggest I should not go for 15'?

So far I'm been looking at Kicker subs. ANy other brands and particular models that you can recommend?

why 15'?

isn't it slower response comparedd 2 12'??

correct me if i m wrong
another noob here

I just want a sub. It has be have both looks and audio performance. I feel that a single 15' sub looks best in my boot. And i'm no competition freak just for my personal enjoyment.

Pls some one give me some other comments and recommend me a particular brand and model that fits my budget. If , I'd probably go for kicker.

kicker comp 15" i think is more than your budget. with 500 you can get 12". why dont you save you money and get a adire tempest for RM750?

do you have an amp that can push the 15"?

Originally posted by tkkhoo@Mar 28 2005, 21:51
15' in satria wow!
mine only put 1 12'
[snapback]848356[/snapback]​

wow... i think ur name is nearly the same as mine. Mine's Khoo TK. I thought i was seeing double since i use that nick somewhere else too :)

I am running 15" too. You need a very strong amp and not the budget type. Coz u get any lower, u run the risk of overloading the amp then it would auto cut off. I made the mistake of buying a RM500 amp which in the end i upgraded to a RM800 plus amp for the woofer.

My woofer's enclosure does not have any port holes. So the bass is really solid... Also it consumes a lot boot space.

Originally posted by appleyard@Mar 28 2005, 21:39
kicker comp 15" i think is more than your budget. with 500 you can get 12". why dont you save you money and get a adire tempest for RM750?

[snapback]848317[/snapback]​

I can't even get a kicker comp C154 for 500 bucks? Oooh shit...

ANyway you got any links for the Adire Tempest? 15" incher for 750? Would like to check it out.

Trex92 what sub are you running?

Originally posted by Craazy+Mar 28 2005, 23:21 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Craazy @ Mar 28 2005, 23:21 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-appleyard@Mar 28 2005, 21:39

[snapback]848317[/snapback]​

I can't even get a kicker comp C154 for 500 bucks? Oooh shit...

ANyway you got any links for the Adire Tempest? 15" incher for 750? Would like to check it out.

Trex92 what sub are you running?
[snapback]848630[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

well, if u change ur mind about the 15", there's always a 12" adire shiva to consider.. :) RM590 brand new with 3 yrs warranty

You'd probably want to consider Rockford Fosgate Punch Z 15". Should be perfect to play rap, hip hop etc etc. The last time I saw, it costs abt 600++, probably cost lesser now. Rated power is 150wrms, so I don't think you'd be facing too much problem with power issues.

read my post...
bigger are not alway better...
my friend using 8" sub, mine using 12"
different are 4"
believe it or not...
his ice are better and louder than mine...
his enclosure are custom made and well calculate..
mine using cincai cincai...for moment....building still in progress.

if u have alot of friends, try to peek on da equipment and listens on his system...
12" + good component speaker will make u syok sendiri.....

Originally posted by madforce@Mar 29 2005, 15:09
read my post...
bigger are not alway better...
my friend using 8" sub, mine using 12"
different are 4"
believe it or not...
his ice are better and louder than mine...
his enclosure are custom made and well calculate..
mine using cincai cincai...for moment....building still in progress.

if u have alot of friends, try to peek on da equipment and listens on his system...
12" + good component speaker will make u syok sendiri.....
[snapback]850875[/snapback]​

for bass, size always matter. Your bass problem is on the installation, not the size or the power.

you can have the most pricey sub in town (W7) and have it in a wrong box will result in a nightmare. Read this:
install
install
install

Originally posted by energie@Mar 29 2005, 05:43
You'd probably want to consider Rockford Fosgate Punch Z 15". Should be perfect to play rap, hip hop etc etc. The last time I saw, it costs abt 600++, probably cost lesser now. Rated power is 150wrms, so I don't think you'd be facing too much problem with power issues.
[snapback]849444[/snapback]​

Thanks Energie for the recommendation will check it out.

Like I said, I'm not thinking of "bigger is better". It's simply the fact that I like the looks of a 15" and I don't intend of skimming on enclosure and installation. I will pay to get the best out of things. I just believe that more expensive subs are not necessarily better which is why I budget on sub and intend to concentrate on the enclosure and stuff.

What would you prefer, a bigger car or a smaller car, bigger house or a smaller one, a bigger paycheck or something lesser? I know everyone wants to make it BIG in their lifetime. What do you mean bigger isn't always better .. hehehehe. Small joke B)
No 8" could ever sound like a 15". Given proper installation, a piece of 15" would slaughter 6 pieces of 8" with same power handling in terms of lower bass extension. Craazy, that 15" would suite you fine coz of the preference of your music, plus it'll look ultra cool ;)

Thanks energie, you've been of great help. I will go check out the shop that you told me!

can i know you going for SPL or SQ ?? RM450-500 extremely hard to get 15"...that what i can tell you...

Well, i'm actually going for SPL. Not really also, just fun consumer usage if that exists gahaha.

Neways, I've upped my budget a little. Will be checking out the RF PUNCH which energie reco at around 600++

Top Bottom