New Tyres for VR

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Rm220? Tread wear of 500...

Wow.. where you got such a good deal..

Continue to share with us on this tyre..
do some speed test too

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sorry, didn't follow that thread last time.

Seems like you have a good history with using Good Year tyres. As for Blue Streak, I never heard of that before.

You never go as far as extreme or semi-slick? But I can probably tell that you are more towards practicality than going all out for racing. :biggrin:

Fleva should be a higher grade than RE003 right? Max category? Replacement for S-Drive...
Blue streak belongs to Goodyear already. The time when I was using I think they acquire the brand. However they have change the pattern too.

When I was using looks like this..Blue Streak Stiletto

Now looks like this...Now called Goodyear Blue Streak Stiletto

Nope, don't intend to use extreme or semi slick. Tyres are expensive, not comfortable, noisy and not good for wet road. I use my car for daily so usually is UHP or Max performance tyres are the way to go.

Yoko Fleva V701 replace S Drive are UHP if not mistaken. V105 still their flagship model. Yes, same as RE-003 as to me BS still have other higher models. That is why when PS4 tested against RE-003 just because they are selling well in the market along PS3.....lol

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
vr2, your old tyres leh? wanna sell?:smokin:
Actually wanted to keep 2pcs for Hyundai Sonata use, but tyre rubber compound harden already. 2 pcs even the sidewall crack when they were compress to remove from the rims, so threw them all away.....lol

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Rm220? Tread wear of 500...

Wow.. where you got such a good deal..

Continue to share with us on this tyre..
do some speed test too
At first not expecting much since price so budget, but after using in the rain and did push it a little seems quite sure footed holding down the VR power....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Blue streak belongs to Goodyear already. The time when I was using I think they acquire the brand. However they have change the pattern too.

When I was using looks like this..Blue Streak Stiletto

Now looks like this...Now called Goodyear Blue Streak Stiletto

Nope, don't intend to use extreme or semi slick. Tyres are expensive, not comfortable, noisy and not good for wet road. I use my car for daily so usually is UHP or Max performance tyres are the way to go.

Yoko Fleva V701 replace S Drive are UHP if not mistaken. V105 still their flagship model. Yes, same as RE-003 as to me BS still have other higher models. That is why when PS4 tested against RE-003 just because they are selling well in the market along PS3.....lol
Blue streak from what country? In a way, the thread looks slightly similar to ATR Sport.

Might be a bit hard to compete if the Fleva is more expensive... But not to the price of PS3 isn't it?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Blue streak from what country? In a way, the thread looks slightly similar to ATR Sport.

Might be a bit hard to compete if the Fleva is more expensive... But not to the price of PS3 isn't it?
Blue Streak is local, if not should be from one Asean county under Goodyear, as now in Goodyear MY website dy. Very cheap these tyres, my size 215/45R17 also around RM210 or so only....:driver:

Fleva should be around PS3 pricing, but depends on the sizes.....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Blue Streak is local, if not should be from one Asean county under Goodyear, as now in Goodyear MY website dy. Very cheap these tyres, my size 215/45R17 also around RM210 or so only....:driver:

Fleva should be around PS3 pricing, but depends on the sizes.....:driver:
Under RM300 for 215/45/R17 is very cheap. Somehow, you often managed to find cheap budget tyres and yet they still serve you quite well despite not coming from a famous brand. But then, the Viking City Tech that I am using is also doing quite well. Cheaper than Goodyear duraplus and also more reliable... Able to hold in air pressure well too unlike the Goodyear which always seems to need pumping.

So, Fleva is like a direct competitor to PS3...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Actually wanted to keep 2pcs for Hyundai Sonata use, but tyre rubber compound harden already. 2 pcs even the sidewall crack when they were compress to remove from the rims, so threw them all away.....lol
aiya should have told me, my previous brigdestone on my perdana also cracked, used to glue it back & it lasted till I sold the car :rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
teh 500 treadwear rating impress me... :biggrin:

sure got 225/50-17 rite? if sifu use long term with minimal problem, i might try to find this one on next tyre replacement...

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
bro VR,

I think saw your car few times around PJ old town near Chen Moh chinese school. Was it you always makan there? What I often see about budget tyre is usually it tends to wear and crack a lot faster than expected. I'm also using GT Radial HPY for about 1.5yr. Can see fine lines on the shoulder area. Just normal drive and seldom attach corner.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Under RM300 for 215/45/R17 is very cheap. Somehow, you often managed to find cheap budget tyres and yet they still serve you quite well despite not coming from a famous brand. But then, the Viking City Tech that I am using is also doing quite well. Cheaper than Goodyear duraplus and also more reliable... Able to hold in air pressure well too unlike the Goodyear which always seems to need pumping.

So, Fleva is like a direct competitor to PS3...
GT Radial HPY more than RM300. Is Blue Streak Stiletto and this Land Golden close to RM200 only.......lol
Yah! Fleva more to PS3 and RE-003 loh

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
VR power, at what speed is this power?

300km/hr?
can hold?
VR old dy. not power like your Evo. Got speed cut how to reach 300.....lol

Can hold means push a little in corner, unlike previous blue streak can drift......hhahhahahha:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,
I've gone thru most of threads on this topic but i still need a little help from guys out there ?

1) Would it damage my stock shocks and struts if i were to lower it with say springs from eibach ?? ( Proton Waja 1.6 - 1 year old )

2)Will i be trading off a noticeble amount of comfort if i go for the eibach+ stock abs configuration ??

3)Anyone sellin it out there ?? ... :)

Pls advice cause im really plannin to upgrade to eibachs in this comin week .

Thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience