New Proton Inspira now available for booking!

jimmy_ray

Mar 11, 2005
KL
our gov said they cant control new car price in Malaysia, but when the Proton launch the "inspira", a big slap on their face. Just because of a proton badge stick on the Lancer bumber, the car instantly cheaper RM40K, who control the new car price in Malaysia actually?.."Smart Guy Gets It"

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
"It's OEM collaboration,not a rebadge" - WTF? what's the diff? To a commoner we still see a proton badge on a car that looks very alike a mitsu lancer aka REBADGED.

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site

are_made916

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
Perodua and Subaru 1 family too?
then why perodua no "proop proop proop" sound ar?:hmmmm:
i think u nvr seen a paaso with subaru badge on it...yoyota own the daihatsu also perodua and subaru...not subaru own them all. as u can see toyota seem to use boxer technology on their new FT-86..if they(toyota) want to use the boxer on perodua vehicles..its up to them(toyota)

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, something I found on youtube to share.. No insults intended to any party ya.. Just for fun :smile:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TK8CRvvTSow?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TK8CRvvTSow?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
People seems to have greatly misled with the taxes imposed on imported cars. Well,if the gov decide to uplift the import tax,that would lead to a disruptive chain reaction. For example, insurance and roadtax (and perhaps income tax) gonna be way higher than current rate. So don't just calculate adjusted car prices,keep in mind other factors as well.

1 goes down,other goes up! Gov hav to balance out and maintain their figures.Shortage of income from imported car taxes,would be fill up by other sectors. It would be a massacre to our macroeconomic if we liberated car manufacturer sector when we're not properly ready to compete with international manufacturer. Think of it this way, Thailand financial sector in 1996-97. Complete meltdown. And that will happen if we were not to protect Proton.

Case study:
Example, in Uk. Yes,u can get a Maserati GT for a merely 55k pound sterling. Yet,why doesn't London's road full of supercars? If u do the math, a person with a monthly income of 3k per month (36k yearly),would easily take up car loans and buy a Maserati. But why isn't this the case? Income tax imposed 20-40% (monthly). Car loans (7-9.5%). Insurance (go google). Daily congestion charge within London 8.70 pound (for entering London city). No free sidewalk parking. Etc etc...

Dun be fooled by just car prices. Its just a fraction of a much grater cost, that we should be thankful. Just my humble opinion.

my pov,
we r not doing any diff, presumably buying a 100k car, 50k gone to tax, n easily paying another 10k for toll for 5 years = 60k.
now, 33% income tax, took 1k of my 3k monthly salary. 5 years = 60k.
but those country with 33% income tax, the G providing so much more to help the poorer.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
my pov,
we r not doing any diff, presumably buying a 100k car, 50k gone to tax, n easily paying another 10k for toll for 5 years = 60k.
now, 33% income tax, took 1k of my 3k monthly salary. 5 years = 60k.
but those country with 33% income tax, the G providing so much more to help the poorer.
Damn true la... my pov, please don't take in so many factors to complicate matters la.. It is true that when one goes down, the others must go up. But the rate and amount of our taxes are ridiculous. I don't think the cost of other factors that goes up even equals the amount of the tax for imported cars.

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
a dog barking the tree....no matter how the tree still stands.
anyway keep barking....:)

funny thing is seem nobody understands the meaning of rebadge and copy. maybe too obsessed with piracy/pirated goods...so everything they see almost or similar to something is called COPY. correct me if i am wrong..thanks

as mentioned a million times, its your money and choice....don buy it thats all......but i am buying it...:)
my pov, with the amount u willing to pay, inspira is the only car in segment c here in our market. forte for me is more in segment b.

psychological speaking, ones will alway protect their selection which they've made. nobody will ever like any critic goes to something they've choose or owned.

ask urself, given ori lancer n inspira the same price, which u'll take.
sad to be say, the circumstances here in our land, i might still buy proton, not becos proud, like or support, just no option left for me.

if there is million of dogs tend to give the tree a kick a day, one day the tree will still collapse.
peace :)

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
my pov, with the amount u willing to pay, inspira is the only car in segment c here in our market. forte for me is more in segment b.

psychological speaking, ones will alway protect their selection which they've made. nobody will ever like any critic goes to something they've choose or owned.

sad to be say, the circumstances here in our land, i might still buy proton, not becos proud, like or support, just no option left for me.

if there is million of dogs tend to give the tree a kick a day, one day the tree will still collapse.
Ouch!~ Haha... Nice low blow..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007

nowaday ppl posting with "pov"....great,

my pov, if million of dog kicking the tree, then the tree will grow stronger, its root grew bigger, deeper into the soil and the kicking stimulate the growth...then end of the day, the tree grew bigger and stronger. so it is a good thing for million of dogs to kick, bite also a good choice.

lancer & inspira, of course i buy lancer, but this wont happen in this country, so being an average income earner, this opportunity of buying a mitsu with mivec engine at the price of 80k, why not? i accept the fact we are living in here....stay with it or else, migrate elsewhere or buy a 1.5 japanese make car (locally assembled) entry level quality at the price of 80k will do. at least, can show ppl its japs car...not msian car.

comparing forte, avante, altis, civic, lancer gt, inspira.....of course ppl will go for altis and civic. but ask yourself the price....rm30k or rm40k maybe not big amount to some of you but to most of us, it can be use for children education, for downpayment of house, renovation, pay debts etc....so it is logic for some to choose inspira ....as i always said, choices are depends on individual, so nobody tend to protect the choices they made....its situational decision...

anyway debate wont end until many many years to come...so be with it, everyone has freedom to say what they want.....buy or not buy....its yr choice. wanna keep condemning or criticize also its your choice......cheers, peace & out.!

p/s: GOOD NEWS FOR INSPIRA LOVER - LATEST PRICE FOR THIS COMING LAUNCH HAS BEEN REVIEWED

1.8MT - RM78999
1.8CVT - RM84999
2.0CVT - RM91999

the salesman just called me to inform....save another rm2000.....yohooooooooo!:driver:

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
gosh, a moderator here asking whoever don like the rues, migrate else where, wat a disgrace, soon u might just post whoever don like inspira don visit zerotohundred.com.
hard to believe...

situational decision, yes, i might still buying proton car saving money for mortgage, investment or elsewhere, but i know how good the car is, still uncomparable with competitor's product.
have u seen anyone still debating or arguing u r getting a piece a junk? no, but u r just overly sensitive n over react.
http://autoworld.com.my/v2/news/nb_details.asp?awReviewId=3188&awCatId=RT.ATC.CAR.FS

good luck for those who book the first phase, apparently compliment given to have better handling n NVH. u just hope it could last longer from any proton ex product.

Last edited:

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
gosh, a moderator here asking whoever don like the rues, migrate else where, wat a disgrace, soon u might just post whoever don like inspira don visit zerotohundred.com.
hard to believe...

situational decision, yes, i might still buying proton car saving money for mortgage, investment or elsewhere, but i know how good the car is, still uncomparable with competitor's product.
have u seen anyone still debating or arguing u r getting a piece a junk? no, but u r just overly sensitive n over react.
http://autoworld.com.my/v2/news/nb_details.asp?awReviewId=3188&awCatId=RT.ATC.CAR.FS

good luck for those who book the first phase, apparently compliment given to have better handling n NVH. u just hope it could last longer from any proton ex product.
Hes only posting migrate somewhere else is only because theres a bout infinite comments about how they hate malaysian products, hating the fact theres so much tax on imports. He not being overly sensitive lo :driver:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
i believe inspira is even better than the original lancer. can't wait for a test drive! :proud: