Need Some Sifu opinion on New Sound System

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Hazzim

Known Member
Aug 8, 2005
Malaysia :-)
Need some sifu Help or anyone who has experience with Sound System purchasing.. i'm thinking of acquiring a new Sound system.. a Shop in my area.. offered quote price RM 1260.. for 1 set 5 inch component, 1 set 5 inch 2 way, and 1 set 6 X 9 2 way..MTX brand this offer is added with installation cost.. how ever it is not included with a Amp,Woofer.. is it worth it?i might change the 5 inch to a 6 inch CTX -162 coaxial would add 1 or 2 hundred .. with a 2k budget can anyone recommend a Shop selling MTX original sepakers with excellent workmanship and good review from customers.. another thing with this set up would a 2kwatt 4 way CAliber amp be enough or do i have to use a capacitor?

THx in Advance

~Hazzim

Hazzim

Known Member
Aug 8, 2005
mnkh0027: i dont really need a sub coz dont think im going to get it yet and still saving up to get a really good sub for around 1.5k. I have a amp already but thx anyway.

Evo48: Bro im driving a savvy

Tohsan: Bro i dont really remember the model but the speaker has a upside down cone like thinggy in the midle of the speaker :-) sry

My 2k budget it not much but that the only thing i have to work with so im planning to install couple set of speaker only no HU, and sub. Unfortunally i cant change my HU for a while coz build in.

Really looking forward for other zth member advise.

Thx In Advance

~Hazzim

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
hi, if like that aaa...I think you need change your paln coz your ride (sound accoustic very small). You should forget about rear speaker. My opinion is use 1 set 6.5 comp set (front) & 1 pc 10' sub...if you get good stuff ...I think you never regret it...Just share my frend setup (Kelisa).. front use RS Pro 165 comp & Sub use RS Audio 10' DVC (sealed box)..sound imaging & soundstage very very damn gooodddd....& dont use pre-amp loorrrr... :banghead: oopss I'm so sorry coz this setup not ngam with your cap ayam amp...sorry aaa brother...1 more thing savvy run SPL ooo (MTX)...Pleased forgive me aaa... :vroam:

Last edited:

Hazzim

Known Member
Aug 8, 2005
oldskolboyz: Bro ive seen ppl using a cap ayam amp that powered the comp and a SVC or DVC subs. ive heard the sound and quite nicee. Thx for your advise anyway :-)

cheers

Evo48

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
PJ
it always depend on your expectation of the quality and your budget. different ppl have different expectation mah......maybe we can have a TT session and let u hear our ICE setup. if u like anyone just follow their setup :)

Hazzim

Known Member
Aug 8, 2005
Evo48: what u ay is right. i would like to join the TT session sometime soon. Cant do it this month coz classes juz started so abit bz. When do u guys usually do the TT and where ?

Cheers

Keep The Advise Coming.....

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
dun put 6*9 2 way bro, cause u will regret later if u r using amp... i would recommand 4 pieces of 6', 4 tweeters.. based on my experiences... im pretty happy wit it... i donno bout u... im using 4 pieces 6', 4 tweeters, 1 piece 12' sub 3 amps, 2 big 1 small, electronic crossover.. thats all... but im pretty happy wit it... player also makes a big differences :smile:

Last edited:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Your built in HU is it Clarion? Anyway you have to install a pre-amp and use a 4 channel amp. Atleast in this way you can control the fader of your speakers. The speakers is as per what Dev have said. If your are using pre-amp, then crossover is not important. With this setup you can add a sub later. If you install a crossover and not pre-amp then you will have trouble to adjust settings later on.

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
crossover will only b effective when the pre amp cant b used to support o control ur system anymore... like in my case i used to use pre amp b4... since i have 3 amps i had to upgrade to an electronic crossover.. the sound is much better compared to the pre amp.. price also BIG different :biggrin: ... depending on the brand too... if u have an electronic crossover i would recommand u not to use a pre amp anymore... like kyheng said (choose only 1) the shop guy might say 2 very good can control more (they just want to con ur money)... cause it will b very very very very hard to tune ur system... trust me :rolleyes:

Last edited:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Yeah, a good crossover can cost a lot, so if not really in sound tuning a pre-amp can do the job already..

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
depends on your requirements la, bcoz pre-amp usually dont have a crossover inbuilt, just parametric eq only. the most they have is low pass filter for sub.

if u had a 3 way crossover and a set up like dev's it would be really flexible and tunable, depending on the electronic crossover specs itself.

Hazzim

Known Member
Aug 8, 2005
Could u guys tell me some setups for a SPL system and a SQ system... which is better for Savvy??

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
for good SPL setup need lot of subs or few large ones, lot of amps or few real powerful ones, just need to go as loud as possible.

for good SQ setup u need good HU, good amps, good speakers, just one sub, good tuning skill, aim is to have best accurate reproduction of live music recording.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Basically SPL is for outside people to listen and SQ is for ownself, so is all depends on you. A SPL system will cost much more higher than SQ because of the number of amp and speakers used.

A Post Every 5 Mins

hi guys... one of my friend is looking for the toyota AE92 model skirting.... u guys know is there any skirting available for this car??

his car was the limited edition of AE92 if i not mistaken.....

so hope can get some help here :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience