Need some help/advice from all sifus. Amp problem

DeliciousD

Known Member
Sep 29, 2007
Hi there guys,

Here is my current setup
1X HU pioneer deh 6050
4x Hert component. (forget which model, but i am very satisfied with it :D)
1x Prokick classic series 4 ch amp. (the faulty amp, forget model as well)

I am having some problem with my amp, but i am not sure whether is this a common problem or not. Everytime when my amp is cold (morning, night, raining, go up genting) there is cracking (pecah) sound from the front passenger side front component. Sometimes there is no sound coming out at all. I need to blast my audio very loud, till the amp is warm enough, then only the sound can come out nicely. Basically 1 ch rosak. I have sent it to my shop for so many times for them to fix it (3 times already), but problem still persist. According to the shop, my amp's IC always burn, which is the cause of this problem. May i know is this true? what is the cause and is there any way to fix this problem once and for all?

BTW my component confirm 100% not faulty, bcoz when the amp is warm enough, all 4 components working fine :)

I am very sick of sending it to shop for warranty again, it always took them 1-2months to fix it, and the problem will come back ard 1 month after they repair. So i am looking for other possible solution.

Seems that i do not have a subwoofer yet, i am thinking of getting one to complete off my setting. But i dunno which approach is the best.

My Budget ard rm1k to rm1.5k. Wanna use the most cost efficient way to get the best result.

solution 1 (currently considering this)
1 new 2ch amp for 2 front component,
current prokick 4ch will blast 2 rear component and 1 new sub 12". (this will use 3ch)

solution 2
get rid of my prokick, get a new 4ch amp, 1 new mono & 1 new sub (will cost more than rm1.5k for sure)

solution 3
new monoblock + new sub. 4ch amp either repair or look for new one

or any other solutions that sifu can suggest?

Any good 2ch amp, 4ch amp and sub to recommend me?

1 sub or 2 sub better?
if 1 sub, i will go for 12".
if 2 sub either 8" or 10", depending on cost and my trunk space. also means i need 4ch + 2ch for 4 comps and 2 sub.

Pls help me. i already have this problem for 1.5 years dy. T.T. i am noob. so pls dun flame me for my noob question.

Thanks

Last edited:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
get a 4ch amp, run the front component and the sub from it. rear components can run from the player. or else buy a 5 or 6 channel amp...

DeliciousD

Known Member
Sep 29, 2007
Thanks Zenn for the suggestion, will definitely look into it

Anymore sifus can help me with my problem? especially to fix my faulty amp once and for all...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyway around kl or selangor doing custom* engine parts like customer intake manifold and crankshafts?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience