NEED new ECU for my neo cps.... due to flood

Nhoon Tobsin Kladjarern

From Facebook
Sep 18, 2011
www.facebook.com
hi guys!!!

I DESPERATELY need help with a new ECU for my Satria neo CPS (MT).

Recently there was a flood and massive amount of water go into the car. As a result, the ECU (serial number for the ecu is "PW810508") has "drowned" and I will be needing a replacement. I was thinking of going aftermarket to be able to enhance the performance a little bit as I feel the car could use more torque for an even more enjoyable driving experience.

Problem is, I have limited knowledge when it comes to ECU, and the "Cam Profile Shifting (CPS)" and "Variable Intake Manifold (VIM)" functions of the engine is not helping.

From what I understand, I would need to find a replacement ECU that is standalone, and will still be able to facilitate the "CPS" and "VIM" functions of the engine. Please recommend a variety of ECUs and their pros and cons too if possible.

(PS: current state of car - my mechanic has dried every bit of the car, all electrionics in the car works fine, but engine will not start at all, it won't even try to "crank" one bit, it's as if the car does not have a battery.)

(PSS: I'm also thinking of getting new grounding wires for the car as well, I understand it will help improve the smoothness of the engine. Any mods recommendations to increase the performance is hihgly welcomed, although I only have an average budget at this stage)

Please help me out, i'm desperate.... my car has been sitting still for a week now, and I miss it desperately, if anyone knows where to buy any of the recommended items, preferably in Bangkok will be great.

emefbiemef

Jul 30, 2006
from what i know, you will need stock ecu even when you use standalone ecu

its purpose is to regulate and maintain some default functions such as aircond, airbag, abs etc

your best bet would be to find any cps ecu off mudah.my and reflash it to neo cps version using pdt

t_danker

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
SJ
from my understanding, standalone ecu's (haltech/motec) doesn't require stock ecu. only piggyback ecu's (g-reddy blue) require stock ecu, yes?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Standalone basically means standalone. There's no need for the original ECU to be present with a standalone.

I believe there are some good sellers in ZTH who can help get the Haltech like Racedude. Try calling him : Derrick 6-012-2338137.

But don't expect miracles with just a standalone. Probably give you some 5bhp gain only and some torque. It's still a standard engine afterall.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
they call it standalone cause it can stand on it own(alone).

they call it piggyback, cause it piggy's back on the ori ecu... :D

but no crank at all can mean your starter is fried also right? has he tried changing the starter or regrounding the starter?

and before replacing the ecu, why not open up the ecu and dry it with a pressure gun ? just try some cheaper stuff 1st before buying something in the thousands only to find that was not the issue.?

sinister_sid

Sep 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ur engine wont crank ? :confused:
sure ecu trouble ?
not hydro lock
i thought starter are directly connected to battery and triger by keyslot and nothing t do with ecu ?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
better to install back the oem ecu, brand new doesnt cost much. just need to reset immobilizer etc things only.

if ur car is stock standard, no points to install aftermarket standalone now, its no an issue its good o not. its u need it or not :)

installing standalone is not meant just instal...u will need to upgrade engine hardware etc to make it better. dyno tune etc etc..its all money.

if u dont intend to heavy mod ur car, use back oem...just add piggyback

if u plan to heavy mod now directly after flood, aftermarket standalone. which required u to hv extra budget to dump into your car.

just my 2cents

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
ur engine wont crank ? :confused:
sure ecu trouble ?
not hydro lock
i thought starter are directly connected to battery and triger by keyslot and nothing t do with ecu ?

I've learnt that newer proton's (not sure if ALL of them are tho) are wired this way. Pull out the ECU and the engine wont even turn over. Wanna isolate the problem? Use a wire to directly short the terminals on the starter to see if the engine can turn over. Which i'm sure his mechanic has already tried...

I'm with huakenny on this. new ECU from proton doesn't cost that much.

Cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus...

Need to seek advice from all here again.

Was wondering is HWL good enough for satria gti? anyone on satria using it now?
looking it into consideration as the price is within my budget.

How is HWL compare to APM...both also nearly same pricing at around 1.6k

Hope all hwl give some comment here...overally? ride? service? perform? warranty?

Thanx thanx. do not wan to invest in bad product here. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience