Need info on strenghten bars in EG 2 doors.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
was that monkey bar actually part of rollcage in the middle section of a car???? (on open top car they call roll-hoop???)

like this on TT_covertible>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Audi.tt.arp.750pix.jpg

and on this caterham >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Esther-rear.jpg

is it the bar u were mention of??

*another bar i always see inside car but looks like doing nothing except robbing your feet area for rear passenger.....(that bar cross from right to left side of the car) like this |______(---)_____|

*this one>> http://www.nengun.com/do-luck/rear-cross-bar

(middle area follow the transmission tunnel curve)

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Pls guess urself which one the correct one ...
the third picture rite??? :adore::adore::adore:

Last edited:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i think its the caterham type...but isnt that also called a roll-cage? those at the bottom of the cabin which is across the bottom of the B-pillar i tot is called cabin bar?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i think its the caterham type...but isnt that also called a roll-cage? those at the bottom of the cabin which is across the bottom of the B-pillar i tot is called cabin bar?

if caterham type sure it was rollcage...

but in cda posted img...the 3rd pict. sure explain what was monkey bar meant by TS.....

and that cabin/cross/floor bar i think doing nothing except just increase weight and bikin semak inside your car...(as well as that money bar)....

want proper cabin rigidity....must install bars like X through cabin (rollcage X bar)

like this one>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Suzuki_Swift_JWRC_'05_005.JPG
:driver:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Pomen....looks like the X bar u mentioned not welded at the roof leh...i think that is just to re-inforce the rollcage? if it were welded to the b-pillar in an X shape i think would help rigidity...but how to install in a daily driven car la...leceh la. track car ok la.

the cabin bar at bottom of b-pillar u mention i oso dun understand y wanna install...foot rest? might as well fix an x bar linking all the 4 corners of cabin from the bottom of the car...that will give better rigidity wat.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Pomen....looks like the X bar u mentioned not welded at the roof leh...i think that is just to re-inforce the rollcage? if it were welded to the b-pillar in an X shape i think would help rigidity...but how to install in a daily driven car la...leceh la. track car ok la.

the cabin bar at bottom of b-pillar u mention i oso dun understand y wanna install...foot rest? might as well fix an x bar linking all the 4 corners of cabin from the bottom of the car...that will give better rigidity wat.
-yep..that was one not so good example....(because i've seen a much better caged car) just no picture.... :biggrin:

-and that cabin bar..i didn't recommend....i'm just highlighting that thing coz i've seen someone install it in their ride.... :adore::adore::adore:

airforce

Jul 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
mr. airforce, wat car u wanna put the fender bar..??
most of the fender bar do not require to drill hole...
if u driving Japanese makes, there got J's Racing, 5 Zigen, Cusco, Beat Rush, Carbing, Spoon, STi,... etc..
Civic Ek2. DUnno why when i search i always end up finding ultra racing. But ultra racing seems like require drilling on the fender member.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Pomen...no worry la. i was just reinforcing your point in the cabin bar hehehehe

airforce...EK should have a lot of branded fender bars leh...i remember seeing a cusco set for sale in the marketplace...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
i got J'S racing 1.... EK fender bar.... for sell...

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Civic Ek2. DUnno why when i search i always end up finding ultra racing. But ultra racing seems like require drilling on the fender member.
as for UR 1, i'm not into it, so... not sure bout them... but if J'S racing 1, doesn't need any drill work...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Is the monkey bar a half-cage?

I think the Audi TT one is called roll hoops if im not wrong...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Is the monkey bar a half-cage?

I think the Audi TT one is called roll hoops if im not wrong...
from comment of the others i dont think monkey bar was a halfcage or roll-hoops....

its just a small bar running across the c-pillar....as in 3rd picture by cad843 :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Porsche Boxster & Panamera GTS launched in Sepang!

Remember when we wrote about the 2012 Porsche Boxster here? Well, SDAP finally launched the baby Porsche at Sepang yesterday.

There’s a lot of new in the 2012 Boxster – longer wheelbase, wider...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience