Need info on height for A31 with adjustable absorber.Pls help.....

kelvin_goh999

Known Member
Jun 6, 2005
KL
Hey dudes,

I just bought a set of Kayaba Super Special (silver colour) adjustable soft-hard (street use) for my Cefiro A31. It comes with sport spring.

When my foreman install it, height of the front tyre with the side mangat is 2 fingers and the height of the back tyre with the side mangat is only 1 finger. So the car looks behind lower than the front. My concern is issit like this one? Cause my foreman told me that every car the front mangat is higher one. Even the original car. Is there any problem by running my A31 by back is lower than front? I m using 17" rim.

He said many ppl wants the front and back height is same because they want their car to look nice.

Your information appreciated. Thanks guys.

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
use higher profile tyres at your back... and you should be on level terms. i guess your suspension is only soft/hard adjustable, not high/low. so, there's really not much u can do there.

for me, i'm using 205/55/16 front and 225/50/16 rear. so the rear a bit higher profile but it's actually about the same height already with the front. still, the car is a bit squatting. :D hehehe

you should've forked out for a fully adjustable suspension like Cusco or TEIN.

GSR_Freak

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
since we are on the topic of adj absorber, would like to know whether is easy to get a set of original a31 adjustable absorber hi/low from halfcut shop or not. understand we can use those from s13, but fear of dampening and spring rate doesnt really goes well to a heavy car like a31. thanx in advance.

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
topui,

what rim u used for the rear?izit the 32 GTS rim?if yes does a 225/50/16 fitted nicely on a 6 1/2 j rim?

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
GSR_Freak said:
since we are on the topic of adj absorber, would like to know whether is easy to get a set of original a31 adjustable absorber hi/low from halfcut shop or not. understand we can use those from s13, but fear of dampening and spring rate doesnt really goes well to a heavy car like a31. thanx in advance.

soon,

if u r looking for a A31 hi/low i think mostly i saw is GAB......for me im using the s13 shock......so far so good.if ya talking abt ceffy is heavy,tehn u can go for those stiffer spring rate 1....

GSR_Freak

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
jason, what brand is the 1 u are using? spring rate? comes with pillow ball?

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
im using tein adjustable with cusco pillow ball.spring rate i dunno

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm sure most of you here have discussed or heard about chassis stiffness and rigidity in converted cars specifically for Proton chassis with high powered Mitsubishi engines like 4G63T. For Proton's case, many will agree that some of these chassis will not be able to take the stress from the engine and cracks might develop somewhere in the chassis later after continuous usage. So, we can say that these chassis developed for ordinary road cars may not be suitable to withstand the stress from...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience