Need help to do a basic setup of ICE for PerdanaV6

wilcwo2003

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
Well .. I have a perdana V6 with a new HU (kenwood - mp3, wma, cd)

now i want some bass, so im opting for woofer 12"

planning to get a 4ch amp bridgeable, intend to use 1-2ch for woofer and 2 ch for speakers. This is where im a little worried, will the 2ch/3ch be enough for the speakers? i know u need to 2ch to drive left-right speakers. what happens if u have 3 ch?

2ndly, components - i've heard that 4" components are not good to run bass, but will it be good to for just normal amplified sound - at least to make it sound better compared to normal without amp. - pls advise -

3rdly, i intend to get 6"5 component for the rear speaker, should it be use for bass or just amplified sound and use woofer for bass ... - need advise -

4thly, what can i get for my budget of 1K/RM1000.00? I wanna start somewhere then slowly go up .. learn the basics first.

lastly do i really need a pre-amp? and do i need good cables or just normal ones and how much rms is needed to have a nice bass and generally good sound for speakers with bass?

are the following brands good for woofer and amp & pre-amp and component?

1. E.Tone - amp/woofer
2. Audio X - woofer
3. Alpine Replica V12 - amp
4. Westwell - component
5. caliber = pre - amp

by country:

1. Korean/ Taiwan - Amps/components/woofer
2. some unknown amps from USA

any input will be very much appreciated

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Try to check what is your HU model, is it with 2 RCA pre-out or 1? If got more than 1 then you no need pre-amp or e-crossover anymore(1 of the cause of airplane sound)

You cannot use your 4 channel amp with 1 channel for your sub and 3 channels for your speakers. You have to use 2 channel to bridge it and balnce 2 for speakers.

4" components is no good for bass, is more on voice only, but is good for you if you don't want to cut a hole to put 6.5" on your door assuming your door have no speakers. Then you can put a 6.5" component at rear. But alot of people say 6.5" must put on door only the effect will be good. But bear in mind local car door cannot stand heavy bass, you might end up some screws lossen and creating sounds on your door.

For your budget of 1k, you cannot get everything you want. The most is you can only get an amp for sub a 12" sub and box.

Is Alpine Replica V12 - amp you are refering that selling on ZTH or Lelong one? If yes then it can only use for components and not sub. I have one and thinking of letting it go.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
actually for perdana there is a readymade door baffle for installation of 6 1/2" speakers, so theres no need to get a 4" and be shortchanged. forget about the rear speaker and use that budget to get a good pair of 6 1/2" components. get a 4ch amp and use that for the front and bridge the rear channels for sub. also with a capable HU u dont need any pre-amps, etc. lastly pls stay away from cap ayam amps, only give u headache later on and waste your money...

wilcwo2003

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
thanks alot for ur advises ..

erm .. what kind of cap ayam brands should i be aware of?? I'm not so sure abt whether its cap ayam or not .

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Brands like Brothers and some unheard brands that only state 800watt but never state rms watt. These type of amps normally 'high wattage' but price is dirt cheap, say 1000watt only cost 200-300.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone know any difference between straight-out pipes and pipes with box?
straight-out pipes will be more noisy? or eatin more petrol?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience