Need help, SR20DET injector upgrades...

chriiz18

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
thanks thanks....arghh very hard to get after market stuffs for RB25. Anyway Thanks Demon.

MizuChi

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Japan
Visit site
dorifto_deMoN said:
found out that rb25det injectors is the same as sr20det red top injectors. it is 370cc.
Holy crap. 370cc injectors in an RB25? That must be why it lacks power so much..

MizuChi

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Japan
Visit site
I know. That still means it's getting 370cc per cylinder. The car is heavy to start with anyway, and obviously 250hp just doesn't cut it.

dorifto_deMoN

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
dunno about the power delivery for rb25 cause never test it yet. ask all the sifus around here for rb25 injector upgrading le. or u can put extra injectors. plus injector controller. plus ecu plus plus plus.. muehkehkeh.

stormlcc

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.beastarkaraoke.com.my
smaller CC injectors doesn't mean smaller power outputs bro, and factory settings always tune the injectors to feed more fuel into the engine, a heavier mixture of petrol into the engine means more heavier the car will start off, as most of the GILA KUASA guys out there will know, the more balance your air fuel mixture is to your engine, the more power you will get from it. If you want to test whether my theory is correct, try putting in a set of 550cc into an RB20det engine (6 units of injectors), and then try it with a SR20det engine (4 units). See if I'm correct, the difference is unbelievable!!!

Last edited:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
tuning of proper air/fuel ratio is important to produce the maximum 'safe' power..

but smaller cc injectors does mean smaller maximum outputs.. y do u think people change to larger injectors?

comparing same cc injectors in totally different engines are unfair (6 cyl vs 4 cyl??)

i don't see ur point, and i don't see the relevance of comparing the usage of same cc injectors in 6 cyl with 4 cyl engines...

fact is, if u aim for more power.. larger injectors are necessary to feed more fuel (more power = need more fuel obviously).

dorifto_demon, go ahead and put in around 550cc injectors (or even 740cc ones). i reckon their enough for most of us (unless u want 800hp monsters i suppose :lol: )

stormlcc

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.beastarkaraoke.com.my
larger injectors are needed when you do heavy mods on your engine, like larger turbine, this does not mean u use larger cc injectors are the best, the best thing for your engine to give the best performance is to choose what's sufficient and safe enough for your current or future mods.

My point in using same cc injectors in 4 cyl engine and 6 cyl engine is not the power output, its the response that you are getting from the engine, using 550cc injectors on a 6 cyl engine, u hardly can start your car, but if in a 4 cyl engine, it will start fairly easy, that's the difference.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
550cc in 6 cyl.. u can hardly start ur car?? r u sure?

i thought the stock rb25 has a 370cc injectors.. had to start izit? dont think so..

y would nissan put in those injectors if the rb25 will be made hard to start?

its juz underpowered a bit (but still pushing 250hp at least)

i dont see y its hard to start a car if using small injectors (the smallest stock that is).. they are lots of variables of y its hard to start, usually using too cold plugs.. but i dont think using 370cc in an rb25 would make it hard to start compared to the sr20det..

chipstar

Known Member
Aug 11, 2005
kl
boleh start la kalau pakai 550cc pun.i tried la but enjin idling crazy la.then swap ecu trus ok.but then that time my wiring for z32 airflow also kacau maybe thats why idling unstable hehe.(last time buang turbine r32 rb20 also can start but the sound so loud hahaha)

MizuChi

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Japan
Visit site
best way, I think, is to swap the injectors along with your airflow + ECU.. and tune it while you're at it..

OT:
chipstar: noticed your location is japan.. where exactly if you dont mind telling me.. I'm located up north in Yamagata..

wcc5505

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
Pj
bros... i wan to buy 550cc injectors.. who got pm me pls..... thnakz ... for sr20 red top..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any sifu-sifu there can help me to solve my brake issue? I'm on evo 3 brake booster and master pump but after I installed the frt 4 pot caliper the pedal become lower position than before when you step it.

Any idea????:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience